Page 870 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 865866867868869870871872873874875 ... LastLast
Results 26,071 to 26,100 of 31039

Thread: Schoolio's Movie Corner

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: Schoolio's Movie Corner

I don't know how the whole world isn't just spastically shitting warts into each others' mouths with that Prometheus trailer. God damn. Holy god damn.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    I don't know how the whole world isn't just spastically shitting warts into each others' mouths with that Prometheus trailer. God damn. Holy god damn.
    Does that mean you're excited for the movie?

Coachella Junkie

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

They are. To whatever extent it's possible for 5,000 film blogs to have a collective orgasm, it was achieved on Saturday when this dropped.

I kept my shat warts out of all your mouths, but I assure you I had them. It looks phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

where's the damn beacon?

fuck this i'm making a thread

Oh, man. Prometheus does look like a cracking entertainment. This is the one that Ridley Scott was making instead of a new Alien film, right?

On a completely different note, Terence Davies' newest film, The Deep Blue Sea, opens in the US next week. Really looking forward to it. Davies is a filmmaker of such sensitivity and style - I think he's terribly underrated - but the stately, elegant pace of his films isn't to most people's taste, I know.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    Oh, man. Prometheus does look like a cracking entertainment. This is the one that Ridley Scott was making instead of a new Alien film, right?
    It's a prequel to Aliens. You can see both the crashed ship from Hadley's Hope and the space jockey from that ship in the trailer.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The major thing that strikes me is that once again in a prequel they've advanced the tech far and beyond what they end up having in the future. Other than that i am fully on board.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

I re watched the three alien movies last night and yea I was thinking about how low tech everything looks. I just had to tell myself wayland yutani did it for budget concerns in the future. But what really bugged me was why the prison colony in alien3 looks like a 1940's mental ward? I mean you build a prison colony hundred or so years in the future and brick and tile and old medical tools are what you give them? Obviously that film had way more problems than location and set design but still. Should have stuck with them being monks.

Totally late to the party with regards to "Catfish", but Pot sums up my feelings about it pretty well.

The "tell" is that it's stunningly clear that it's not real, just like every other "This footage was found in my asshole after a night of strip Mahjong" movie that has come before it. If anyone, anywhere in the world, believed that this movie might have a possibility of being real they should be sterilized and fed to the dick pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The major thing that strikes me is that once again in a prequel they've advanced the tech far and beyond what they end up having in the future. Other than that i am fully on board.

Prometheus takes place nearly 40 years before Alien, which takes place in 2122 (with Aliens taking place 57 years after that). At the time of Prometheus, Weyland has yet to pioneer affordable yet profitable deep space travel and colonization for all civilians and is still spending all their money on the highest end technology for their own research purposes and to develop synthetic humans. Over that 40 year gap, Weyland merges into the Weyland-Yutani Corporation and its roll shifts into more of a hybrid of EG&G/Wal-Mart. Affordable civilian space travel and colonization is finally reached and thus, construction costs start to decrease to streamline the production of the economically friendly vehicles and tools to get people off of earth to dig holes on some other rock. This of course has taken effect on the cosmetics of things so by the time the events of Alien roll around, a space freighter which was built to the highest technological specifications 4 decades before is now designed to be more akin to a massive orbiting mack truck built by the 1960's Soviet space program. All that is left is a 'spent future' look throughout Alien and Aliens.
    Last edited by Grandma; 03-20-2012 at 10:54 PM.

It would probably be a waste to make a "It's raining one of the most accomplished screenwriters in world history" thread, but Tonino Guerra has died. This picture should tell you everything you need to know about just how good this guy was, as demonstrated by the caliber of directors who sought his collaboration.

andrei-michelangelo-toni.jpg
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

I don't disagree with you. I fell in love with the space, for sure. i guess i just wish Cinefamily would take it over because i love the space, the location, and the fact it sells beer.
    You can bring your own booze to Cinefamily.I usually bring a couple fancy craft beers with me per a visit.visit. Plus free parking.
    Translation

Ty Segall / Cold Beat/WAND @ GAMH 01/29/15
    Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    Prometheus takes place nearly 40 years before Alien, which takes place in 2122 (with Aliens taking place 57 years after that). At the time of Prometheus, Weyland has yet to pioneer affordable yet profitable deep space travel and colonization for all civilians and is still spending all their money on the highest end technology for their own research purposes and to develop synthetic humans. Over that 40 year gap, Weyland merges into the Weyland-Yutani Corporation and its roll shifts into more of a hybrid of EG&G/Wal-Mart. Affordable civilian space travel and colonization is finally reached and thus, construction costs start to decrease to streamline the production of the economically friendly vehicles and tools to get people off of earth to dig holes on some other rock. This of course has taken effect on the cosmetics of things so by the time the events of Alien roll around, a space freighter which was built to the highest technological specifications 4 decades before is now designed to be more akin to a massive orbiting mack truck built by the 1960's Soviet space program. All that is left is a 'spent future' look throughout Alien and Aliens.
    That's a good explanation, but it's more the computers and stuff that pop out to me
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    It would probably be a waste to make a "It's raining one of the most accomplished screenwriters in world history" thread, but Tonino Guerra has died. This picture should tell you everything you need to know about just how good this guy was, as demonstrated by the caliber of directors who sought his collaboration.

andrei-michelangelo-toni.jpg
    Tarkovsky has some sweet shorts on there.
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

It's impossible to watch Voyage in Time (the doc that he and Guerra made while prepping Nostalghia) and not marvel at Tarkovsky's OUTRAGEOUS taste in wardrobe. In retrospect, I'm not sure how I expected him to dress, but it wasn't various crazy yellow outfits, shorts that would make John Stockton blush, and full-denim suits.

The teaser for David Cronenberg's Cosmopolis is definitely NSFW....but it kicks fucking ass. Anyone who took the odds on "Robert Pattinson will one day be in a worthwhile film" (and I'm certainly not among them) must be pretty excited right now.

Holy cow. I was not aware he was doing another movie so soon, and i certainly wasn't expecting Mr. Cronenberg to be doing something so crazy-looking again like this. Looks awesome!

i still need to see A Dangerous Method.
    last.fm

i still need to see A Dangerous Method.
    It's not that great, kind of boring, I think I fell asleep in the theater during it.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

I have a feeling my tastes are probably a lot different from yours. i trust the reviews i've read.
    last.fm

I share his sentiments. Obviously, a lot of people found something to like about A Dangerous Method, but apart from Knightley's performance (which is bold as fuck, if not a total success), I didn't care for it either.

holy shit. cronenberg adapted cosmopolis. holy shit.

I don't know anything about the book, but that trailer looks like vintage Cronenberg. Count me excited.
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Down Rodeo View Post
    I don't know anything about the book, but that trailer looks like vintage Cronenberg. Count me excited.
    Yes, my thoughts exactly. i didn't even know it was a book until Jared said something.
    last.fm

Oooooohhh, no way! Cronenberg has been getting adventurous and I'm exciting for this to come out! Trailer looks fantastic--just enough to leave you're mouth watering.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Whit Stillman..................
    ........................is back

http://www.sonyclassics.com/damselsindistress/
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Whit Stillman..................
    ........................is back

http://www.sonyclassics.com/damselsindistress/
    Yeah, I've heard about that. Good news indeed. I really liked The Last Days of Disco and Metropolitan.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Has anyone seen The Killings at Outpost Zeta? If so, would you recommend it? Really cool fan made boards of canada music video using clips from that movie.

EDM and retro sci fi go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

Holy cow!

The studio in Moscow that put out all the early Tarkovski films (the Soviet studio that basically released most Russian films during communist rule) has been uploading a bulk of their films. They're in really good quality as far as I can tell, and at least The Mirror had subtitles. Can't guarantee for any of the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****