Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 41

Thread: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

  1. #1
    Member moviebruin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,553

    Default Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    Went last night to see the Blind Boys of Alabama at the Knitting Factory. Expected a great night of soul/gospel music and perhaps a Ben Harper guest spot but instead got muthafuckin PRINCE ripping it up w/ the Boys from Bama. It was only for one long extended jam, but man what a great night of music. Just the thought that I've seen prince twice in one year performing in front of <250people on the same block in Hollywood, 5 min from my pad, is insane.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

  2. #2
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,592

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    i had cornflakes for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  3. #3
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    The freaking Purple one.......

  4. #4
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,734

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    isn't the term "boys" racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,675

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    "Boy" is a white, racist word.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  6. #6
    old school whynotsmile99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA, but I miss Ventura
    Posts
    5,304

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk i bet that was amazing.

    the biggest "bonus guest" I got was either Weird Al jumping on stage to perform "Gump" when I saw The Presidents of the United States at The Key Club

    or Bill Clinton giving an opening speech before Introducing The Rolling Stones at The Staples Center.

    I haven't heard any music by The Blind Boys of Alabama, but heard much good stuff. Any good place to start?
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    isn't the term "boys" racist?
    so is ******.

  8. #8
    Member Drewfus46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    That awesome man that was a treat for sure
    Coachella is better than Christmas

  9. #9
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    that's great and all...but that still doesn't prove LA is the best music city in america...Encyclopedia Britannica states that NY is the best music city in america. Der

  10. #10
    old school whynotsmile99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA, but I miss Ventura
    Posts
    5,304

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    that's great and all...but that still doesn't prove LA is the best music city in america...Encyclopedia Britannica states that NY is the best music city in america. Der
    but NY smells like shit and is filled with assholes
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

  11. #11
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,592

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    but NY smells like shit and is filled with assholes
    LA is smoggy and has more assholes, just suntanned ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  12. #12
    old school whynotsmile99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA, but I miss Ventura
    Posts
    5,304

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    there is not a chance in hell that LA has more assholes than NY.

    LA has more douche bags than NY, i'll give you that. But for straight up holes in the ass, it's NY.

    New Jersey is still douche bag capital of the world though
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

  13. #13
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    there is not a chance in hell that LA has more assholes than NY.

    LA has more douche bags than NY, i'll give you that. But for straight up holes in the ass, it's NY.

    New Jersey is still douche bag capital of the world though
    NY definitely doesn't smell worse than LA anymore. And our assholes are authentic assholes...your assholes are wannabe assholes.

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    LA is a way better music scene, don't even fuck around. We also got DA Movies.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    -10 points for Whitestarr

  16. #16
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    The best music is coming out of NY. It's harder to get into some kinds of shows there though... I prefer NY folks to LA folks, despite a possibly higher ratio of assholes...

  17. #17
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,772

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    NY assholes are assholes because they recognize that none of us should give a fuck what anyone else thinks about us or each other.

    LA assholes are assholes because they think the ONLY thing anyone should care about is what everyone thinks of them and vice versa.

    NY assholes own their asshole-dom. LA is just bullshit posturing.

    And yes, Jersey beats them both. We rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  18. #18

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    This thread reminds me of why I hate LA.

  19. #19
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    there is not a chance in hell that LA has more assholes than NY.

    LA has more douche bags than NY, i'll give you that. But for straight up holes in the ass, it's NY.

    New Jersey is still douche bag capital of the world though
    Douche bag capital of the world? Let's not get crazy here. Have you ever been to Texas? So many douche bags, but also very ignorant douche bags that run on some kind of weird state pride.

  20. #20
    Young blood
    Guest

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    Went last night to see the Blind Boys of Alabama at the Knitting Factory. Expected a great night of soul/gospel music and perhaps a Ben Harper guest spot but instead got muthafuckin PRINCE ripping it up w/ the Boys from Bama. It was only for one long extended jam, but man what a great night of music. Just the thought that I've seen prince twice in one year performing in front of <250people on the same block in Hollywood, 5 min from my pad, is insane.
    Thats pretty fucking cool. I would have been so excited to see him jam out with them in a small venue.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    wait, prince on stage at the knitting factory? holy shit that place is like the size of my kitchen. i would have absolutely gone fucking bananas.

    and i really do hate LA but the music scene (at least in terms of bands coming to play there) you can't fuck with.

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,710

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    I'm not sure I'd say LA has the best music scene in the country (I'd say NY, too) but definitely better than what we've got. Sometimes when there are no shows at all that I want to see here, I enviously browse listings for LA and convince myself I want to move.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles... all day erryday!
    Posts
    1,643

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    Quote Originally Posted by ZackQ View Post
    Douche bag capital of the world? Let's not get crazy here. Have you ever been to Texas? So many douche bags, but also very ignorant douche bags that run on some kind of weird state pride.
    most def!!!

    the douchiest people i meet are male, hispanic, marines from texas...

    fuck i hate those guys...

    never met one i liked...

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,710

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    Marines in general are frequently douchy self-important types of fellows.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    woah, woah, woah...Texans are definitely dicktards, not douches.

    And I will go one step further and nominate the Chicago music scenester as a pussy.

    LA= douchebags
    NYC= asshole
    TX= dicktard
    Chicago= pussies
    Miami= dildos (like dicks only fake and often made of plastic)

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,710

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    Plastic? Everyone knows the best dildos are made of silicone

  27. #27

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    even better

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles... all day erryday!
    Posts
    1,643

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    silicone?

    i thought the best were glass?

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,710

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    No. Without going into too much detail and information, the glass ones are cold and far too hard, and one can easily cause oneself physical discomfort or pain!

  30. #30
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,772

    Default Re: Evidence that LA is the #1 music city in the country

    The best dildos are made out of my dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 06:44 PM
  2. Country Inn & Suites
    By johnnystar in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 06:34 PM
  3. HA - COUNTRY MUSIC A HOLES UNITE
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 05:29 PM
  4. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 05:48 AM
  5. Fuck all this country Camping
    By hammered in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 06:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •