View Poll Results: Well?

Voters
443. You may not vote on this poll
  • nu-metal (Korn, Limp Bizkit, ICP)

58 13.09%
  • hair metal (Poison, Whitesnake, Ratt)

20 4.51%
  • post-grunge (Creed, Hinder, Nickelback)

108 24.38%
  • pop-punk (Green Day, Good Charlotte, etc)

14 3.16%
  • eyeliner emo (Panic! at the Disco, MCR)

41 9.26%
  • gangsta rap (50 Cent, Chingy)

31 7.00%
  • Christian (P.O.D., Jars of Clay, Michael W Smith)

52 11.74%
  • 21st century post-punk ripoffs (Editors Want Interpol)

2 0.45%
  • pop country (Faith Hill, Kenny Chesney)

93 20.99%
  • other

24 5.42%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Worst genre of music?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: Worst genre of music?

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    Well, if there isn't an option for ed banger, why would trance?

And.. where's Jack Johnson?
    Yes indeed...the "bro" genre should have been listed...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

after thinking about it some I probably should have voted gangster rap just because some of the rappers are smart enough to know that they are perpetuating negative black stereotypes to a largely white audience in order to make a buck. The modern black face way to go fuckers. Yeah, I'm looking at you 50.
    The White Stripes 9/18

I chose the post-grunge option...although I hate christian rock (isn't creed chistian rock?) just as much. The reason I chose post-grunge is because I have heard more of it compared to christian rock. The only christian rock I have heard is on those infomercials for christian rock compilations.

If jesus ever came back to earth I would personally re-kill him.

you forgot christmas music
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Seriously. Creed has absolutely nothing in common with grunge. They'd be better classified as Clear Channel Rock.
    Clear Channel Rock. Bang on, my friend. Can I use this? I'm totally using this.

Seriously. Grunge ended around 96, then nu-metal took over with Creed and Nickelback following shortly afterwards. They were a reaction to rap/rock, not an evolution of grunge. Creed has absolutely nothing in common with grunge. They'd be better classified as Clear Channel Rock.
    Creed is the Pearl Jam sound watered down into mildly grunge-flavored Clear Channel arena rock ballads, with pseudo-spiritual lyrics and crucifixion posturing in videos and on-stage. Scott Stapp tries to sing exactly like Eddie Vedder, as well. Bands like Nickelback, Hinder, Daughtry, Default, Finger 11, etc just follow the Creed model for bucks, but without Jesus.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Just because Scott Stapp did an Eddie Vedder impression doesn't make it post-grunge. It had nothing to do with grunge. Creed sounds more like Live than it does Pearl Jam, and Live isn't exactly grunge.

Also, why in the fuck wouldn't Creed be in Christian Rock? P.O.D. is nu-metal, to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Creed and Nickelback can be considered post-post-grunge. I would say that Live is considered post-grunge, as is Bush. Grunge however is the genre with the least amount of bands that were HUGE.

List of grunge bands that were HUGE:

Nirvana
    PJ
    Soundgarden
    Alice In Chains
    STP (it's stretch to call them grunge)
    Hole (maybe)

Core was definitely grunge, and most of Purple. They just also delved into other vibes--which I personally think was their better work.

Live can't really be post-grunge cause they were going on at the same time. They were just non-grunge rock of the era.

yeah I guess I just consider Live post-grunge because Throwing Copper, which was their seminal album, came out in 1994 as did Sixteen Stone and Bush is pretty much the definition of post-grunge.

I fucking hate bullshit sub-genre definitions. From wiki:
    By 1993 some of the first post-grunge bands (notably Bush, Collective Soul, Everclear, Our Lady Peace and Live) had been signed to major labels and were beginning to garner mainstream attention.

This is horseshit. They were just other alternative rock in the case of Live and Bush. That other shit wasn't actually popular for another year or two at least.

Collective Soul still has a respectably large and dedicated fanbase. I agree though sub-genre shit is shit.

Missing options:

Boy-bands (Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, 98 Degrees)
    nu-R&B - yes I just made that up for lack of a better name - (Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Rhianna)

The artists in your "nu-R&B" genre are at lest respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Fro View Post
    I'm sorry but that is fucking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJesus28 View Post
    Paul Tollett do something!
    Daddy P! Help

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    ...they are perpetuating negative black stereotypes to a largely white audience in order to make a buck. The modern black face way to go fuckers. Yeah, I'm looking at you 50.
    I completely agree and have been saying the same for years.

Say what you will about rap's artistic merit..
    but the whole image is so fucking negative.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    after thinking about it some I probably should have voted gangster rap just because some of the rappers are smart enough to know that they are perpetuating negative black stereotypes to a largely white audience in order to make a buck. The modern black face way to go fuckers. Yeah, I'm looking at you 50.
    I'm sorry--should they all pretend to be Will Smith regardless of whether or not that's an accurate reflection of their environment? Why don't we just frown on all violence in movies, too?

Deftones and fucking shitty cocksucking Korn were an evolution of grunge in a lot of ways, but not that other shit. Seriously, tell me this isn't the child of grunge right here:

Damn i havent heard this song in a while!

Deftones and fucking shitty cocksucking Korn were an evolution of grunge in a lot of ways, but not that other shit. Seriously, tell me this isn't the child of grunge right here:

dont think that has anything to do with grunge as much as it does to hardcore.
    Last edited by Sonicifyouwantit; 03-08-2008 at 06:55 PM.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

I voted for other because there is something good that came out of each genre at one time or another.

And no one say anything bad about the Deftones. Chino is the man.
    I love music, and I hate vowels.

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    you forgot christmas music
    Oh fuck yes. I fucking hate Christmas music with a passion. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

the deftones are solid why are we hating on them
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Oh fuck yes. I fucking hate Christmas music with a passion. Seriously.
    Fuckin' Scrooge! Bah humbug to you!
    I love music, and I hate vowels.

Quote Originally Posted by msklvr View Post
    Fuckin' Scrooge! Bah humbug to you!
    When it comes to Christmas music, I am the Grinch. Seriously. Until Mike Patton releases a Christimas album, I very much doubt I will like any Christmas music.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    pretentious twatwaffles.
    Nice.

I'm sorry--should they all pretend to be Will Smith regardless of whether or not that's an accurate reflection of their environment? Why don't we just frown on all violence in movies, too?
    I see what you're saying. But.. it really seems like you'll go to any length to disagree with something. hahha.. seriously, comparing it to violence in movies?

The original arguement was about perpetuating stereotypes.
    And maybe rap is only a part of it, but you cant deny..
    well... shit like this:

What's the world coming to?

nu metal>>>eyeliner emo
    post grunge>>>eyeliner emo
    Last edited by hypervera; 03-09-2008 at 01:30 AM.

I voted EMO. The Gangster Rap one is kind of weird, cause the artists that you chose are more like commercial club rap. When i think of Gangster rap, I think of rap from the 90's. Nu-Metal is waaaaay better than Emo, or pop country. God, I really hate almost all these groups.. Except for the Post-Punk Genre.

LOL.. She Wants Revenge and Interpol sound almost IDENTICAL. I don't get how you can like one and not the other.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    I voted EMO. The Gangster Rap one is kind of weird, cause the artists that you chose are more like commercial club rap. When i think of Gangster rap, I think of rap from the 90's. Nu-Metal is waaaaay better than Emo, or pop country. God, I really hate almost all these groups.. Except for the Post-Punk Genre.

LOL.. She Wants Revenge and Interpol sound almost IDENTICAL. I don't get how you can like one and not the other.
    Interpol>>She wants revenge

you think they are "almost identical" just because of the low voices thats all

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    dont think that has anything to do with grunge as much as it does to hardcore.
    Yeah, I remember my scene friends trying to tell me how Deftones were hardcore or whatever, and I don't buy that shit at all. They were what post-grunge should mean--that which followed and grew out of grunge. Sorry, I don't see the connection between Deftones and earlier hardcore acts the way it seems blatantly obvious that they grew up on grunge and then got a little older and started developing a form of music that took its aesthetics but upped the energy--a more alternative alternative to the alt-rock period of the early 90s. The guitar work was just speedier grunge licks, not an update of hardcore from what I ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by msklvr View Post
    I voted for other because there is something good that came out of each genre at one time or another.

And no one say anything bad about the Deftones. Chino is the man.
    Agreed. At least until White Pony he was.

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    the deftones are solid why are we hating on them
    I don't think anyone was. I just misunderstood this "post-grunge" thing. Seriously, how are Bush and Live "post-grunge?" They're listed examples in the wiki for it. They both came out like a year or two tops after the grunge explosion, grunge wasn't even over yet, so how can they be post-grunge? They were just alternative. Post-grunge is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    I see what you're saying. But.. it really seems like you'll go to any length to disagree with something. hahha.. seriously, comparing it to violence in movies?

The original arguement was about perpetuating stereotypes.
    And maybe rap is only a part of it, but you cant deny..
    well... shit like this:
    How is it remotely different from violence in movies? Why is the Sopranos any better than 50 Cent, exactly? I'm not just disagreeing for the fuck of it, but I think it's kinda silly for you to call gangsta rap out (about 15 years too late I might add) as socially irresponsible. Know what's actually socially irresponsible? Gangs. Do you think rap inspired gangs? No. The gangs came first. They permeated the world that (some) of these rappers grew up in. And I can tell you for a fact that in Compton, Inglewood, NY, Camden, Newark... it's not just hype. They started making music about it because art has always been the vehicle by which the disenfranchised make their voices heard. I'm sure you'd prefer that they all responded by making socially responsible Will Smith public service announcement raps, but frankly that's just neither good lyric material nor would it be reflective of the inner-city black culture's true desires. Every once in a while they'd come out with something that reflected on the evil of what they were doing... but at the end of the day it's still gangs that get respect, that act as a militia to represent patriotism for their neighborhoods, that have the power and money and women and that are therefore more desirable to the market rappers are targeting.

You should try thinking a little deeper and consider the fact that until NWA and The Chronic started showing up in white teenagers' stereos you didn't hear too much about just how serious street gang violence was/is, did you? Perhaps by frightening the middle-class by promoting the gang lifestyle they did a lot more to draw useful attention to the problem than any positive message music could have.

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post

She Wants Revenge definitely tries to sound like Interpol as much as possible. But I can tell SWR just by the drum parts alone. They use a drum machine and the dumb cunts don't know how to program it.

SNARE IS NEVER ON 1 AND 3, DUMBSHITS. They have white people rhythm.