Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverchair

Default Silverchair

"Straight Lines" is out and its time for the Aussies to get there roll on.
    I remember a few months ago reading a thread about them and Coachella. To be honest at the time I dident think anything of it, being so far away, until I was layin around and thought hmmmm S#$% yea they better be there. ANYTHING??
    i die with you

Default Re: Silverchair

It ain't gonna happen dude....

vinylmartyr

doubtful

omg dude i would laugh if they did... they are horrible. just plain terrible music...
    ~EJR~

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItSantoriTimes View Post
    omg dude i would laugh if they did... they are horrible. just plain terrible music...
    How so? I actualy think they do very good and did very good at young ages.
    So who do wish might show up this year?
    i die with you

their version of MC5's kick out the jams is terrible...
    Last edited by Mr.Nipples; 01-31-2007 at 11:06 PM.

wuddup daniel johns!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

well atlest they are playing el rey soon

silverchair playing would be the best thing in the whole world...

for me anyway.

The last two silverchair albums have been pretty sorry. Ever since "Neon Ballroom" they've lost it.
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.

myspace.com/garbanzermusic

Quote Originally Posted by jenga66 View Post
    The last two silverchair albums have been pretty sorry. Ever since "Neon Ballroom" they've lost it.
    I thought Neon Ballroom was their best. Now Diorama... they should just rename that album Diarreah. Ugh.

i must agree...they have lost that grunge sound that was so well suited.

Silverchairs MySpace page showcases their new song, which sounds almost as bad as The Dissociatives tunes. Kinda went weird on us i think.

I know if they played though, they would play their old classics, which would be cool..for sure.

PLus Daniel looks hot now that he isnt skin and bones anymore!!

Lurker

I saw Silverchair at the Great Escape Festival last Easter. They really weren't great. They had the mulleted Paul Mac on keys for half the show and sounded too theatrical and pompous

But that said, the new album is supposed to be really well produced. So I dunno

silverchair at Cal Poly in SLO was my first concert when I was in jr high - They were amazing! They'd been one of my fav bands for years, and while I must admit that Neon Ballroom was not their best work, and Diorama was, well...yeah. Still, I have faith in the frog! They would rock Coachella, and I know they would rely heavily on their classics, but I'm interested in hearing their new work as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and the potions brewing...

I'd love it!!
    i die with you

im not gonna lie...me too!!

Wow - all the haters. Am I the only one who liked Diorama? Shit, it was different than Frogstomp, but that came out when I was in early high school. They grew up and so did I...

Lurker

Silverchair kick arse. Just because they didnt stay with the same sound for their whole career doesnt mean their bad. Sure i think Neon Ballroom kicks tha arse out of anything else theyve dont but you have to appreciate that people change. If they were still making frogstomp part 3 ,4 or 5 dont you think it would sound a bit fucking old and done to death?? Im all for change and new things. Diorama was just too different for the people who still wear their nirvana t shirts like they were still around.

I'm living in Whistler right now and The Police are rehearsing in North Van. All the talk is that after the Grammy's this will be their kick off show.

vinylmartyr

Silverchair just has never been that popular in the states

Quote Originally Posted by plompous_chicken View Post
    Silverchair kick arse. Just because they didnt stay with the same sound for their whole career doesnt mean their bad. Sure i think Neon Ballroom kicks tha arse out of anything else theyve dont but you have to appreciate that people change. If they were still making frogstomp part 3 ,4 or 5 dont you think it would sound a bit fucking old and done to death?? Im all for change and new things. Diorama was just too different for the people who still wear their nirvana t shirts like they were still around.
    Um, Neon Ballroom is quite a departure from Frogstomp, so to even say that people who didn't like Diorama are waiting for Frogstomp sequels is stupid.

Frogstomp was and always has been my least favorite Silverchair album, until Diorama came around. I don't even really like Nirvana. I just think Diorama is a terrible album, plain and simple. You can like a band and think an album of theirs sucks. It's true.

i liiiiiiiiiiiiive in a cemetery

Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    i liiiiiiiiiiiiive in a cemetery
    Sounds like he says "assymetry"

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItSantoriTimes View Post
    I absolutely disagree, I very much feel that Silverchair makes excellent music, especially since 2002. I really admire Daniel Johns' barmy lyrics. Crowded House and Silverchair in the same weekend would be a win-win situation. Silverchair is like Wolfmother except minus the mediocre at best live show and horrible recordings and absolutely archaic part. Silverchair are only a little bit archaic, which is ahead of at least 98% of Australian music.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Sounds like he says "assymetry"
    Which would almost be a cooler lyric....

It seemed even during "Neon Ballroom" that they kept true to their original sound ("Spawn Again", "Satin Sheets"). It was during "Diorama" when Daniel went crazy and started getting all these outrageous haircuts and married Natalie Imbruglia. I'll admit "Diorama" had its moments, but it also sounds like that's when he started singing like he was trying out for American Idol (see the video for "Emotion Sickness" in this thread).

It would come to a big surprise to their old fans in they were on the bill. The thought crossed my mind, but I also don't think it's realistic. However, they have sold out all of their Los Angeles tour stops since the release of "Diorama". I guess now it's safe to say they have a good underground following in the states.
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.

myspace.com/garbanzermusic

Silverchair would be cool if they just played Frogstomp songs...period

I loved Neon Ballroon I thought it sounded more like Frogstomp. I guess the antidepressant medication Johns was taking must have put him in the same mind set as Frogstomp. I think Diorama was a test for him and his newfound vocal confidence. I liked it. Honestly... could listen to it over and over again without getting irritated like I find myself with so many other artists who try to go someplace with there talents that they shouldn't.
    i die with you

Since I'm sick at home with pnemeonia right now, this thread made me go back and re listen to all the silverchair albums. I think I may have re obsessed myself. Neon Ballroom really rocks. And the post-anorexic daniel johns makes me horny.

but that might be all the cough syrup talking....

Quote Originally Posted by Encaitare View Post
    Since I'm sick at home with pnemeonia right now, this thread made me go back and re listen to all the silverchair albums. I think I may have re obsessed myself. Neon Ballroom really rocks. And the post-anorexic daniel johns makes me horny.

but that might be all the cough syrup talking....
    uh oh we got ourselves a robotripper

Hey that's a great idea for all you folks who are anxious about whether or not they'll be able to find drugs...Just bring in a bottle of cough syrup for your hacking cough!