Thread: Buying tickets off someone there...

Default Buying tickets off someone there...

So this year, since single days tix sold out early me and my friends are planning on just going saturday and buying our tickets off someone there.

Ive done this at other events like Monster Massive but we dont wanna drive 3hrs to indio for nothing.

Has anyone been there in the past and bought tix off someone before? If so, were they face value or below cost??

Default Re: Buying tickets off someone there...

I've never bought tickets at the show but the last 2 years, I've gone with people who, for one reason or another, didn't have a ticket for one particular day. In 2006, one friend hadn't gotten a Sunday ticket before they sold out. Within 20 yards of getting off the car, he had a hard ticket in his hand and I don't recall it being much of a mark-up (no more than $120, but I think it was just an even $100). Then last year, another friend left her Friday ticket at home and found someone to sell her a ticket while we were stuck in traffic waiting to park, and again I don't think it was that big of a mark-up in cost. It takes bigger balls than I have, though, to go to an event like this without knowing 100% that you're gonna get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Cool thanx for the info,

last year all days I saw people trying to sell stacks of tickets

Banned

u can always find someone to sell/buy tix, it just sux cuz it can be stressful it at first u cant find a deal.... other than that if u r patient, u will find someone

Banned

There are always plenty of tickets around. Just don't panic or look desperate. I've bought tickets outside 3 times already; and I've had friends who have showed up without any tickets and bought VIP tickets outside for the same price. Even the year Radiohead was there my buddy bought 2 tickets outside with VIP bracelets for $100 each.
    Just don't expect to get in before 3pm without paying some sort of premium. The closer you get to night time, the cheaper tickets get outside.
    Another thing... with all of the single day tickets fiasco, I am betting that Goldenvoice will stick it to scakoers by selling tickets at the door each day. The only reason single day tickets sold out is because of scalpers and idiots who pay stupid prices on ebay.

Last year, I had an extra Sunday ticket that someone gave me, so I gave it to someone at Coachella for free. The dude had just bought a bad ticket from a scalper onsite - so I saved his day.

One never knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Last year, I had an extra Sunday ticket that someone gave me, so I gave it to someone at Coachella for free. The dude had just bought a bad ticket from a scalper onsite - so I saved his day.

One never knows.
    Paying it forward, awesome.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post

One never knows.
    Karma.

When I was back home in Tijuana I used to give free advice and help to the tourists that looked lost. And boy has it paid off, every time that I've gotten lost or been in trouble on vacation, someone out the blue helps me out. KARMA... everything goes in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Karma.

When I was back home in Tijuana I used to give free advice and help to the tourists that looked lost. And boy has it paid off, every time that I've gotten lost or been in trouble on vacation, someone out the blue helps me out. KARMA... everything goes in circles.
    i was in TJ thursday .. my friends wanted to hit up Adelitas but the cab drifer was nice enought to suggest another whore house ..Purple Rain .. talk about a shit hole.. i said fuck that place .. luckily the cops didnt hassele me pointless info but im glad that cab driver got me out of there
    I Wanna Drive Into The Sunset

Coachella 2007
    Coachella 2008
    Coachella 2009
    Coachella 2010
    The Big 4 2011
    Coachella 2012 ( I WONT FUCKING MISS IT! )

2006, 4 of us showed up without tickets (all the way from Canada) assuming we could find some off scalpers. We did. I'm pretty sure we paid $20 or less markup on each ticket.

So yeah, tickets are there. Just have faith in Coachella

we bought sunday tix last year at the box office early in the morning (like 9 am) so no markup.

you will have no trouble finding tix. plenty of scalpers always in front of the Food 4 Less in Indio. Should be close to face value.

Lurker

Last year I bought a sunday ticket for rage off some guy in the parking lot. When I got up to the ticket scanners, it scanned as 'refunded'. Well, the ticket said 3-day pass on it. So I lied and said that my 'other tickets' worked, and I never refunded this ticket. Before I put on my angry act, some guy came over and said their scanners were doing that for a lot of people and to just let me in. Well, I didn't wait for them to re-think and just waltzed on in. Sooo lucky. and now I'm buying a 3-day before I go for sure!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Binku View Post
    Last year I bought a sunday ticket for rage off some guy in the parking lot. When I got up to the ticket scanners, it scanned as 'refunded'. Well, the ticket said 3-day pass on it. So I lied and said that my 'other tickets' worked, and I never refunded this ticket. Before I put on my angry act, some guy came over and said their scanners were doing that for a lot of people and to just let me in. Well, I didn't wait for them to re-think and just waltzed on in. Sooo lucky. and now I'm buying a 3-day before I go for sure!
    LIES LIES LIES YEAH AH.... WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP... how can the scanner say refunded... ticketmaster does not issue refunds.

you may get unbelievably lucky...in 2005, I had an extra comp + VIP wristband because a friend backed out on us.

Some 18 year old kid, Ben I think his name was, came up to us as we were running through the parking lot trying to make it in before Bauhaus came on. He asked if we had any spare tickets, and when I said yes, he offered to buy it from me. I didn't want his money, and I also didn't want it to be scalped so I told him that if he came up to Will Call with us, and went in with us, he could have a free ticket for both days. Score for Ben!

He met us outside the entrance the next day too...a free ticket to each day of Coachella. Shit does happen
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    and maybe Radiohead would impress me if i had grew up on a farm... and i was retarded... but i didn't, so they don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Binku View Post
    you there's no such thing as a 3 day pass, right? you get three individual tickets, one for each day.

right
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I don't get you all paying more instead of less especially on SUNDAY. Rage or no rage, we are talking a three day fest sold out in advance, if people are holding stacks of tickets you offer 80% at most. That's even nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    LIES LIES LIES YEAH AH.... WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP... how can the scanner say refunded... ticketmaster does not issue refunds.
    Sure they do. No refunds is part of the official policy but they sometimes make exceptions and if you ask too many times they will red flag your name.

Quote Originally Posted by bakersfield View Post
    you will have no trouble finding tix. plenty of scalpers always in front of the Food 4 Less in Indio. Should be close to face value.
    I bought some delicious orange juice and marble pound cake from that food for less last year... good breakfast.