Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Obama needs our help!

Default Re: Senator Obama needs our help!

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Having her within a heartbeat of the Presidency doesn't bring that scenario up in your mind at all?
    No.

Have you been paying attention to this woman for the last few weeks?
    Yes.

She doesn'tcare if she comes across as a hypocrite, a criminal, or a liar...she's "in it to win it." So far as to be reaching for delegates that are already pledged to Obama (the ones people have been voting for over the past few months). I don't put anything past her. In fact, it's not that far fetched. You can call me a tin-foil hatter...but it's not that big of a stretch.
    You are a tin-foil hatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    He's for "change"! I can't wait for all the anti-war democrats to show their true nature as they start rooting for wars led by Obama in Darfur and Kosovo. Or maybe we'll get lucky and it will be another Clinton family ruling the Empire. Then we can go right into Kosovo! We seriously have not bombed Europe enough. Either way I look forward to the continued campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan, thank God Obama wants to move some of the Iraq troops into Pakistan. I love messing with nookular armed countries! But what we really need is a new cold war with Russia! Let's get right on that one, the war profiteers have not fleeced our people enough.

Bottom line is your trust for the government allows them to sell you in cycles.

You vote for Obama you are either:

1. Forgivably ignorant of the real policies and backers he has and / or their effects.
    2. Pro-war masquerading as anti-war / anti-republican.

Cute tirade, but what are our options?

Honestly.

What are you choosing to do?

At least Obama's stance is a common-sense approach. Pakistan has had intel on terrorists, but it's puppet leaders are understandably timid in going after them. Obama's not talking about full-scale war there...rather, targeted strikes against specific targets...like the one they pulled off the other day that took out a top-ranking Al-Qaeda official. He's also for redirecting troops from Iraq into Afghanistan to find Al-Qaeda leadership and eliminate them. It's a more focused type of attack...one that minimizes civilian casualties. As for Darfur & Kosovo, those will probably end up being stepped-up UN missions or if necessary, NATO ops...not full-scale American wars.

I understand a certain level of cynicism, but really what's the alternative? To me, there really isn't one. When it comes to war, Clinton has said she'd leave the option of "tactical" nukes on the table...she'd be OK with torture in the same capacity as Bush (to save lives...nice and vague). It's pretty ridiculous.

Obama is our best REALISTIC bet.

But tell me your plan...
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

In all honesty, the UN is fucking useless. There's no way that farce of an organization can do shit to alleviate the disaster in Darfur, much less the shit going on in Kosovo.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    He's for "change"! I can't wait for all the anti-war democrats to show their true nature as they start rooting for wars led by Obama in Darfur and Kosovo. Or maybe we'll get lucky and it will be another Clinton family ruling the Empire. Then we can go right into Kosovo! We seriously have not bombed Europe enough. Either way I look forward to the continued campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan, thank God Obama wants to move some of the Iraq troops into Pakistan. I love messing with nookular armed countries! But what we really need is a new cold war with Russia! Let's get right on that one, the war profiteers have not fleeced our people enough.

Bottom line is your trust for the government allows them to sell you in cycles.

You vote for Obama you are either:

1. Forgivably ignorant of the real policies and backers he has and / or their effects.
    2. Pro-war masquerading as anti-war / anti-republican.
    (a) Kosovo and Darfur were/would be military action to try to stop genocides taking place. If there's one fucking reason in the world to use military force besides self-defense, I'd say genocide ought to be it. It's certainly preferable to, oh, you know, CAUSING genocide (figuratively) in various sandy countries because they have oil. Dick.

(b) Moving troops into Pakistan would, again, at least make some sense considering that they ARE a nuclear power (unlike all the middle eastern countries getting invaded) and are in the middle of a civil war that just hasn't exploded yet. If there's a war, and someone particularly nutty happens to end up with control of the Islamic Bomb, that would be bad, don't you think? I'd rather someone talk about moving troops into Pakistan to secure that legitimate worry than all this bullshit discussion of Iran.

Who the fuck are you voting for? I'd vote for Obama specifically because he has the least experience. Which gives him the best chance of not already being twisted beyond any worth. If you'd care to explain these "real policies and backers" he has, I'd like to hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    In all honesty, the UN is fucking useless. There's no way that farce of an organization can do shit to alleviate the disaster in Darfur, much less the shit going on in Kosovo.
    Jerking off about things you know nothing about, yet again.

Randy I dare you to name 5 useful things the UN has done during the Bush presidency that have USEFUL fucking relevance.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Trying to stop Bush from invading Iraq. That's one.

Please... The bullshit "action" they took to prevent the war, headed by that pussy Kofi Annan, hardly qualifies as an attempt.
    Upcoming Shows:

UNBELIEVABLY LONG RANDY DIATRIBE ABOUT THE U.N. BELOW--BECAUSE PASSIVE NEEDS THIS

Listen you dumb fuck, I don't think you understand the significance of the U.N. They don't have an army. They don't have any real force. Know why? Because they're not a fucking nation! They have no populous. What exactly would you like them to have done?

The usefulness of the U.N. is that they facillitate discourse, negotiation, and interaction between all the nations of the fucking world. Something that became rather important after shit like the World Wars went down and mankind realized it was capable of doing previously inconceivable horrors just because there was no system in place for consistent and all-inclusive DIPLOMACY.

No, they didn't take "action," you fucking ethnocentric half-blind typical shitheaded American, sitting there at three times what you should weigh thanks to being born in the country that happens to possess the vast majority of the world's "action." Cause when you say action what you're talking about is force--guns, soldiers, tanks, bombs, you know, all that shit that's been so fucking effective at producing positive resolutions in our conflicts for the past 50 years.

The U.N. means something because even though America gets to do whatever the fuck we want EVEN THOUGH WE FREQUENTLY SLIP AND COMMIT A COUPLE WAR CRIMES HERE AND THERE... the U.N. never stopped trying to use diplomacy to prevent our near-retarded President from using the intense patriotism of his people--the kind of patriotism you only find in a country that's largely so ignorant of the rest of the world we actually brag about it. But that PUSSY Kofi Annan, well, all his worthless ass did was try everything he could to quell the irrational and determined war monger we elected by treating all the parties involved with respect for both the US's (completely false) allegations and Iraq's right to be treated with the same respect as every soverign nation gets. That's the UN.

You think that the Palestinians would've ever gotten a fucking nation again if not for the U.N.? Are you so goddamn immature, uneducated, and myopic that you don't see what a BIG FUCKING DEAL it is that every nation in the world has a place to convene and discuss any relevant issue from war to genocide to famine to epidemics to nuclear weapons to terrorism to imperialism ET FUCKING CETERA? Any idea how hard it was to get enough translators for even 1/10th of these nations to talk before the UN (League of Nations before that)?

The UN sends fucking billions of dollars worth of goods in aid to devastated parts of the world that nobody would ever even hear about if there wasn't a FUCKING UN. You think anyone would have heard about the genocide in Sudan, or Darfur, or Kosovo, or any of these fucking things if not for the UN? How? Why? When did anyone EVER care whether some other nation's leaders were slaughtering their own people before the global forum of the United Nations existed? The UN was born out of a new worldwide conscience and consciousness that spread after WWII. Partly because we all realized that technology in war had developed to the point that (a) proximity no longer limited who could be an enemy, and (b) explosives had escalated to a point that it was clear some day there would be bombs that could kill everyone on the planet.

But the other realization, the really special one, was The Holocaust. For millenia humanity had been divided into tribes, civilizations, ethnicities, religions... groups that differed in culture one way or another but were in competition for the same resources and thus inevitably ended up making war. And it was easy enough to kill other humans, strangers, just because they were the opponent and they were somehow different... as a species we generally just didn't give a fuck about the unfortunate luck of people unless they were our kind of people. Atrocities have always been a part of our species, as soon as we started getting civilized.

But when the full story of The Holocaust hit the world, something changed. This new awareness of mankind's ability to traverse the globe, to communicate across any distance, to form alliances of staggering proportions and fight as brothers alongside so many Differents... well all that was two drops in a bucket, fuck it--compared to the world learning in vivid detail about how without anyone noticing the Nazis had been carrying out the most inhuman behavior in modern history.

Even with Jews as the victims--and generally, it's not hard to get people to shrug off doing mean shit to us Jews--the news of what happened in those camps became the first crime against humanity itself. That they had used our incredible technological strides to show that they could kill (and torture--Mengele) other humans just for being Differents more efficiently than ever imagined. To try to exterminate an entire culture who'd been around for thousands of years and come so fucking close to pulling it off...

There were three realizations: (a) modern man had effectively conquered the globe, all cultures now capable of communicating and reaching each other; (b) modern man had stumbled upon weapons so dangerous they might someday be capable of killing entire nations if not entire worlds; (c) modern man was utterly capable of engineering mass murder of other humans as a way to improve the world, and could execute the blueprints just as well as any other industry. And that last lightbulb that went off made establishing some sort of global conscience utterly necessary.

The U.N. is a concerted effort to keep humanity in check. To keep us human. And speaking for the 18 relatives who burned or choked on gas or were raped to death in a Joy Division or whatever the fuck happened to my Jewbag ancestors: it's fucking important, Passive. You're an ignorant little shit, and you should try harder to grow up.

fuck it!! Rolling Stone says to vote for Obama, so I guess I must...I'm for hope, who doesn't like hope?

Democracy doesn't exist anymore like we once knew it.....
    '99-'11...

Never thought I'd say it, but Randy is 100% fucking correct on the Darfur & Kosovo issues, and on the U.N. All personal issues aside, he nailed it.

Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    ...every nation in the world has a place to convene and discuss any relevant issue from war to genocide to famine to epidemics to nuclear weapons to terrorism to imperialism ET FUCKING CETERA? ...
    Cliff notes version. Good job Randy.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Sorry... I couldn't stop myself there because it started to tie into the premise of one of my favorite essays I ever wrote for a class, the question was something like "In your opinion--what do you think are the three most significant impacts WWII had on the global community?" I stream of consciousness'd a 20x better version than what I wrote here last night in like 30 minutes and bounced. Couldn't resist regurgitating, 'cause I still find it valid and kinda intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post

Looks like Ferraro stepped down finally...but she's still defending what she said, and Hillary is still barely making a show of repudiating it....

I'm sure the UN must feel useless, if you're fortunate enough to live in country that hasn't needed it. I come from a neutral country, our soldiers are the UN's soldiers.

There seemed to me a deliberate spin effort to discredit the UN in the US previous to the war in Iraq, too.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 03-12-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I'm sure the UN must feel useless, if you're fortunate enough to live in country that hasn't needed it. I come from a neutral country, our soldiers are the UN's soldiers.

There seemed to me a deliberate spin effort to discredit the UN in the US previous to the war in Iraq, too.
    Indeed. It became a right-wing talking point in the leadup to the Iraq war. Mainly because it wouldn't give Bush what he wanted.

Coachella Junkie

It was a national talking point. The whole country was right wing. It also had very little to do with what Bush wanted. Bush wanted to kick it at the ranch and collect his legacy marbles. He just has shitty friends.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    UNBELIEVABLY LONG RANDY DIATRIBE ABOUT THE U.N. BELOW--BECAUSE PASSIVE NEEDS THIS

If B. Hussein O. wins, the whole country will be ULTRA sensitive about PC speech for his entire tenure. That's progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie

When did you become an idiot?

I agree actually. Hillary as VP means Vice Presidential assassination plot against Obama...
    That's why I propose the assassination proof ticket of Obama/Powell!!

if they assassinate Obama becuase of race, they are still stuck with a black president, and as it stands now, if they assassinate both, they are stuck with a woman president (Pelosi)! ha!

Take that tinfoil!

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    fuck it!! Rolling Stone says to vote for Obama, so I guess I must...I'm for hope, who doesn't like hope?

Democracy doesn't exist anymore like we once knew it.....
    Rolling Stone supported Obama but not Hillary? That is unfair. Rolling Stone should print a retraction. If SNL is now allowed to support a candidate, why should Rolling Stone?
    For your health

Again, you're using events from before the Bush presidency. There's no argument that the UN has been absolutely fucking important during it's tenure, but Bush has essentially neutered it. You still haven't named anything that it has done during the Bush presidency that's WORTHWHILE.

Face it, Randy, even for an army-less entity, the Bush Administration has cut out the legs from the UN, and there's just no fucking way that it can be as useful an organization that it has been lest we put someone in office who actually gives a damn about the UN.

Until China digs it's head out from it's ass and realizes that they quite possibly make more of a goddamned difference in the world than the US and UN combined, shit isn't going to improve worldwide. Not with Hamas in control of Palestine. Not with the war in Iraq continuing. Not with a nut like Ehud Olmert in charge of Israel. The UN, regardless of what it has done in the past, is fucking useless now in terms of actually making a noticeable difference.
    Upcoming Shows:

Coachella Junkie

Too bad it's illegal to sell crossbows to women.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    It was a national talking point. The whole country was right wing. It also had very little to do with what Bush wanted. Bush wanted to kick it at the ranch and collect his legacy marbles. He just has shitty friends.
    I would disagree. There were plenty of people in America that didn't buy into the whole march to war philosophy. I protested with thousands of them at the start of the war, and in every subsequent anniversary of the start of the war. The whole of the "rednecks that don't pay attention" and "psuedo-patriots" demographics may have bought into it and parroted it at every opportunity, but that's not the entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    If B. Hussein O. wins, the whole country will be ULTRA sensitive about PC speech for his entire tenure. That's progress.
    And you don't think that would happen with a woman president? Stop being an asshat. I understand that for whatever reason you want Hillary to win, but be realistic and stop spitting out talking points taken directly from right-wing radio shows.

Quote Originally Posted by g0k1ngsg0 View Post
    That's why I propose the assassination proof ticket of Obama/Powell!!

if they assassinate Obama becuase of race, they are still stuck with a black president, and as it stands now, if they assassinate both, they are stuck with a woman president (Pelosi)! ha!

Take that tinfoil!
    Actually, a very interesting proposal! I think you may be on to something. Not to mention that Hillary has disrespected and taunted Obama this whole time. Why would you want to give someone like that a job to be your backup?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Rolling Stone supported Obama but not Hillary? That is unfair. Rolling Stone should print a retraction. If SNL is now allowed to support a candidate, why should Rolling Stone?
    Huh? I'm guessing there's a typo in there that renders it confusing. Look...Hillary can keep SNL (the least funny show still on TV) and let Obama have Rolling Stone (still a serious and cutting edge mag after all these years).

But if you fix up what you said, maybe I'll be able to respond better.

thestripe

Rollingstone is hardly serious and cutting edge. The only thing serious about the magazine are the four pages dedicated to bashing the Bush administration, not that theres anything wrong with that. If you get your news and political stances from Rollingstone you are a moron. Just like if you are going to vote for Hillary just because she did a SNL skit.

But all the fashion ads! so artsy!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

thestripe

But all the fashion ads! so artsy!
    The fashion! the art! the juicey gossip! something on global warming and maybe music.

Blah.