Thread: Verifying Authenticity

Default Verifying Authenticity

We purchased our tickets from an Ebay "scalper" with great feedback, and would like try to verify authenticity before booking our flights from Houston. Any ideas on how to do this? The tickets look great but I'm a little paranoid. Any assistance is appreciated.

Default Re: Verifying Authenticity

Why did you buy from e-bay, when Coachella is not sold out yet? I don't think there is anyway to verify authenticity at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

hold the tickets close to a flame, if they are real ticketmaster tickets they will start to turn a greyish-black color due to the printing process used. just make sure to do it on the side opposite the barcode. this is why they tell you not to leave tickets in a hot car, as well, because the same thing will happen.

or you could call ticketmaster and verify the order number on the tickets.

if he has great feedback, why are you questioning the authenticity?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I agree. Feedback is key. Good feedback = real tickets. Especially if within his feedback he has sold tickets before. I wouldn't worry about it.

Unless he is on hard times and decided to make fake Coachella tickets to sell...

I'm not helping, am I?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Good point. What I would do is buy one pair of tickets from stubhub, one from ebay and one from craigslist.

One of them has to be real!

I did that once with acid. I got sick of buying bunk shit and well, lets just say I paid the price and got one microdot, one white blotter and one with a funky design on it. OOps I almost lost all my marbles.

I bought them from Ebay b/c we are flying in with our two year old daughter for Friday only to see Verve. Although our daughter wants to see Jack Johnson of course

Ebay reseller (Dolly's Tickets) had the best price vs. Ticketsnow/Stubhub etc., about $40 less (for two tickets) than Ticketsnow actually.

I feel relatively secure, but would love to feel completely at ease. That doesn't look like it's likely to happen but I will try to check with Ticketmaster. Thank you for that suggestion.

Edit: FYI

Do you offer authentication of tickets?

Answer
    We currently do not offer a method for consumers to verify the authenticity of tickets on the Ticketmaster website. However, Ticketmaster guarantees that all tickets purchased directly from Ticketmaster including through Ticketmaster TicketExchange, are authentic. We cannot and do not however, guarantee the authenticity of tickets purchased from another source, even if they have the Ticketmaster name on them.
    Last edited by chaunacey; 03-05-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    Unless he is on hard times and decided to make fake Coachella tickets to sell...

I'm not helping, am I?
    if he's fallen on hard times and has the ability to make fake tickets, i wonder if his Ebay ID is also selling great tickets to every sporting event and every sold out concert from LA to NY (i'm sure he would have made a killing on Hannah Montana...)....point is, you would have seen it in his feedback if he was selling fakes.

Are they hard tix or email? If email, just make you are the first ones in the gate.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.