Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: the official 2012 thread

Banned

Default the official 2012 thread

since no one has really talked about it on here,
    we should because according to the Mayans,
    the world will go through a transitional period between this world and the next.
    Here are some of the many Metaphysical Prophecies about 2012:
    2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the thirteenth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.

Accordingly, several eclectic authors claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in 2012:

* The 1995 book The Mayan Prophecies linked the Maya calendar with long-period sunspot cycles.
    * The book 2012: Mayan Year of Destiny claims the Maya may have been instructed in their wisdom by disembodied entities from Orion and the Pleiades. Contact was maintained through shamanic rituals conducted in accordance with the movements of planets and stars. However, some Mayan priests living and working in Guatemala assert that there is no legitimacy to this theory.
    * The 1997 book The Bible Code claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, a meteor, asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
    * The book The Nostradamus Code speaks of a series of natural disasters caused by a comet (possibly as above) that will allow the third Antichrist to disperse his troops around the globe under the guise of aid in preparation for a possible nuclear war, although in the strictest sense it is unspecific as to nuclear war or some other natural or man caused destruction.
    * The book The Orion Prophecy claims that the Earth's magnetic field will reverse.
    * The 2005 book Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Ecstasy by Geoff Stray reviews several theories, prophecies and predictions concerning 2012 and finds where authors have used faulty information or have bent the truth to fit their theories.
    * The 2006 book 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere.
    * The 2007 book Apocalypse 2012: A Scientific Investigation into Civilization's End by Lawrence Joseph does not make any specific new predictions, but it reviews a number of 2012 predictions made by various sources, and presents arguments for the possible existence of dangerous positive feedback loops involving solar storms, Earth's magnetic field, cosmic rays, hurricanes, global warming, earthquakes, and supervolcanoes that may be on the verge of erupting.

Other prophecies and apocalyptic writings and hypotheses for this year include:

* Terence McKenna's numerological novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness.
    * Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012. Richard C. Duncan's book The Peak of World Oil Production and the Road To The Olduvai Gorge claims that the Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide. Several studies predict a peak in oil production in or around 2012.[
    So what do you think is going to happen?
    The End of the World
    A great Change
    Nothing at all.
    And if you think the world will be ending, what will you be doing?
    (too bad it doesn't fall at the end of April!)
    And oh yeah, the date when all this is suppose to happen is December the 21st, 2012

Default Re: the official 2012 thread

Quote Originally Posted by unitedwestand View Post
    And if you think the world will be ending, what will you be doing?
    the hottest chick i can find
    actually i change my answer to 2 chicks at the same time
    Last edited by superfiction; 03-04-2008 at 10:54 PM.
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

I think the world is going to end, much like it did in 2000. Y2K was the scariest shit I have ever seen.
    For your health

looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

planet x is an interesting theory, out of all the end of the world scenarios this one scares me most.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    that is by far the best directing I've ever seen in a cult video.
    +2 for use of unnecessary zooms.

Banned

yes, Dr. Strangelove!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The world has been ending forever...maybe the Mayans should double check their Math...oh wait, they seem to be suffering from technical difficulties resulting from a case of smallpox and bullet holes.
    Last edited by fikus222; 03-04-2008 at 11:19 PM.
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ SF Amoeba
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/01 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

That Planet X video was interesting until it shot itself in the foot. By simple math, if the planet was 50 billion miles away in 1983 and 7-ish billion away in 1992, that would mean that it traveled 43 billion miles in 9 years. Also, it would be speeding up as it got closer to the sun, as the gravitational force between the two objects would be increasing geometrically.

Therefore, since it's now 16 years after 1992, Planet X would have already done its slingshot around the sun and be well over 50 billion miles away again.

I like my conspiracy theories to have fewer obvious holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Also, I just did some reading, and apparently after Voyager 2 did a flyby of Neptune in 1989, they were able to obtain a more precise mass for the planet, which accounted for the perceived discrepancy in its orbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Edgar Casey had an interesting prophecy - that the earth's poles will shift in December of 2012. He is widely considered one of the most accurate psychics that ever lived.

Coincidentally, there is some cosmic happening in December of 2012-the earth will be aligned with the sun and something else or something (don't remember the facts right now)-which could cause a shift in poles.

The poles have shifted before-approximately 25,000 years ago, it has been hypothesized that what is now the north pole used to be around the equator.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

all this stuff is bogus....I like my conspiracy theories, but this stuff is just plain stupid.

you're gonna tell me there's some brown dwarf in our solar system and we don't know about it? TEV

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Edgar Casey had an interesting prophecy - that the earth's poles will shift in December of 2012. He is widely considered one of the most accurate psychics that ever lived.

Coincidentally, there is some cosmic happening in December of 2012-the earth will be aligned with the sun and something else or something (don't remember the facts right now)-which could cause a shift in poles.

The poles have shifted before-approximately 25,000 years ago, it has been hypothesized that what is now the north pole used to be around the equator.
    The sun will be shifting it's own magnetic poles, not Earth.

this means no more coachella in 2013?
    imagine the lineup for 2012!

Banned

Radiohead WILL be there

wasn't the world supposed to have ended on 6-6-06? All the planes in the sky were to stop working and fall straight down. Remember?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i thought planet x was supposed to happen in like 2003, but of course it never did.

2012 does not have to mean the end of the world, it could just mean a time of change. i saw a tv special on this and it made for entertaining television. that's about it. there' no point in speculating our last days. our last day could be anytime. the world as we know it could end tomorrow, 2012 or in 5 million years, act accordingly
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

If the world seriously does end in 2012, I hope it's right during David Bowie's encore at Coachella. Sunday night, major sing a long to Space Oddity and then the sky turns blood red and we all vaporize.

Would be fucking epic no doubt
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

if i were you guys, i'd be more worried about 2029 than 2012.

Quetzalcoatl was a ladies man.

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Young blood

Nothing is going to happen. The Mayans are just going to have to go to down Spencers at the mall and pick up a new Hello Mayan Kitty Calender.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    all this stuff is bogus....I like my conspiracy theories, but this stuff is just plain stupid.

Ohhh Menik
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

first of all unitedwestand, i was thinking of starting this thread at the same exact time you did.... that freaks mah boots

Mayan were the best time-keepers the world has ever seen...
    remember a couple days ago..Feb 29... remember that? that is like our bastard child...proves how much we suck at keeping time
    respect the Mayan calendar foos

but there is alot to be scared of...

so what happens on Dec.21, 2012 ??
    2 things:

1) the Earth wobbles.. this is called the precessional cycle. Each cycle lasts 25,800 years. Current cycle will end in 2012... what will happen then?
    start guessing

2) Galactic Alignment... on Dec. 21, 2012 our sun will align perfectly with the center of the Milky Way galaxy...

now why is the center of the Milky Way galaxy freaky?
    well, 1st of all don't give scientists too much credit.... in principle they don't "get" 98% of our universe... just a couple examples:
    -- what is Dark Matter? know one knows for sure
    -- why do space probes get knocked out of their orbit by electromagnetic disturbences
    link: http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Scienc...sp?NewsNum=270

But the thing that really freaks me is what may be sitting at the middle of the Milky Way....
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...lack_hole.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    That Planet X video was interesting until it shot itself in the foot. By simple math, if the planet was 50 billion miles away in 1983 and 7-ish billion away in 1992, that would mean that it traveled 43 billion miles in 9 years. Also, it would be speeding up as it got closer to the sun, as the gravitational force between the two objects would be increasing geometrically.

Therefore, since it's now 16 years after 1992, Planet X would have already done its slingshot around the sun and be well over 50 billion miles away again.

I like my conspiracy theories to have fewer obvious holes.
    And here I was getting all worked up. yay for you actually thinking.

Besides my close call with the planet x videos, this all seems about as reliable as ... Scientology.

Young blood

I heard we will all be sucked into CERN's Large Hadron Collider, as micro black holes suddenly colpase upon themselves. We will see the Higgs boson, the god particle moments before we all sucked up into non existence. Thats just what I heard from my cousin that knows some Swedish dude.

I wouldn't be surprised if 2012 is kinda apocalyptic, but because of people. Not so much meteors and Mayans.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

are you talking about this bug?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession_%28astronomy%29

If I read that correctly, it just seems the top pole of Earth moves ever so slighty each year, completing a 360 degree cycle every 25,000 years or so. Which means it doesn't just start to wobble out of control. It's reaching it's starting point again, and will begin to shift 1 degree every 70 years or so again.

Which again, proves all this 2012 stuff as bullshit.

i never said it would wobble out of control

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    are you talking about this bug?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession_%28astronomy%29

If I read that correctly, it just seems the top pole of Earth moves ever so slighty each year, completing a 360 degree cycle every 25,000 years or so. Which means it doesn't just start to wobble out of control. It's reaching it's starting point again, and will begin to shift 1 degree every 70 years or so again.

Which again, proves all this 2012 stuff as bullshit.
    i was going to post this also. it's not like poles drastically flip around in a split second. astrological phenomenon generally take a VERY long time in relation to our life spans.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.