Thread: Worst Lineup Ever

Default Worst Lineup Ever

I've been to the last 4 Coachella weekends and quite enjoyed myself at all of them. I was planning on going this year, but I have to say, in my opinion this is the weakest line-up in the history of Coachella. I'm further confused by the fact that it was watered down into a 3-day event. If there are not enough exciting acts to go around for 2 Days, why add a third? I guess the obvious answer is to make more money, but at what cost?

There are, of course, a few exceptions. I'd love to see Rage play, but I'm betting they will tour so I can catch them when they play locally. Why on earth though, would you recycle The Chili Peppers through another Coachella. They are a decent band and all....but, personally, I was bored with them after Lollapalooza 2 - I'm tired of seeing this mediocre band anchor festivals (o.k. - bring it on, ChiliHeads).

I'm just sad that we see many recycled Coachella acts here and that the quality has been diluted over 3 days.

Just my opinion...but I don't think I'm alone.

Default Re: Worst Lineup Ever

do us a favor...delete this post and put it in one of the 15 other threads we dont wanna see about how people don't wanna go because they think it sucks

I seriously hope Rage does not tour. Then all you Coachella '07 shit talkers will be kicking yourselves in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird404 View Post
    I want to go but fuck, thats a lot of money...

Quote Originally Posted by Californicator View Post
    I seriously hope Rage does not tour. Then all you Coachella '07 shit talkers will be kicking yourselves in the ass.
    fuck yeah

by the way, the chili peppers are at their best live. Jam sessions between Flea and John, solo songs by John, excellent Ramones covers, and the visual display of their stage is stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird404 View Post
    I want to go but fuck, thats a lot of money...

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

now ^dude^ isn't alone
    people should stop posting about why they don't like stuff/aren't going. you're retards, if you're telling the truth about your opinions, because the only thing dumber than panning this lineup and not going is trying convince people who already have tickets that the event is a washout.

by the way, the chili peppers are at their best live. Jam sessions between Flea and John, solo songs by John, excellent Ramones covers, and the visual display of their stage is stunning.
    Let's not start this again....you already have a thread for why you, and you alone, worship live chili peppers.

Anyway, although I second the notion that if Rage doesn't tour it will be a rare performance for us all....however, if they don't announce a tour soon....all of these scalper bastards are going to buy up all the passes. I certainly don't want 3 days of Rage fans yelling "freebird!"

Have you listened to all the bands on the lineup? There are enough good acts to get my $250, and RHCP isn't one of them.

Hmm thats great to hear. How about you dont go then and leave the enjoyment up to us...

this will be my first year going, and while i'm -very- excited, i do have to admit that this is my least favorite line-up. i just couldn't afford to make it the last times. i can't afford it this time either, but i saved money up before the line-up was announced.

I agree, this is a once in a lifetime opp. and wouldn't the thread starter regret it if this is in fact the last show ever by RATM.

ANd if he doesn't like this years coachella and is doing his own little protest then stay off the official msg board of coachella. People posting on here are excited about the festival and don't need no depressors.

End of the day...I"m seeing RATM and he is not. Me - One, thread starter - 0. BuRN!

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    now ^dude^ isn't alone
    people should stop posting about why they don't like stuff/aren't going. you're retards, if you're telling the truth about your opinions, because the only thing dumber than panning this lineup and not going is trying convince people who already have tickets that the event is a washout.
    Honestly, I'm not trying to rain on your parade or bum out anyone who has purchased tickets. Regardless of the lineup, the weekend will be fun. I'm saying that I wish Goldenvoice could've done better for you AND me. A couple of years ago we had the Pixies, Radiohead, and Kraftwerk in the space of a couple of hours. In comparison, this lineup is pretty boring. I'm trying to encourage the promoters to put on a better show in the future. Please stop crying about how I don't belong on the message board. That is like saying, "you hate freedom" if you don't support the war in Iraq.

Lurker

Got to be the best lineup for any festival i`ve seen,in the last 10 years.
    Been to about 7 t in the park festivals,t on the fringe in edinburgh for the last 4 years,have friends who`ve been going to glastonbury and reading for the last 15 years,and most think this is a shit hot lineup.And more bands could be added yet,WOW!

yes this festival has a dream! i say dream!!!!! linup! i cant believe ppl are moanig im in absolute disbelief of how good it is! i cant wait to come to america!!! just for this!

Quote Originally Posted by jpindio View Post
    I've been to the last 4 Coachella weekends and quite enjoyed myself at all of them. I was planning on going this year, but I have to say, in my opinion this is the weakest line-up in the history of Coachella. I'm further confused by the fact that it was watered down into a 3-day event. If there are not enough exciting acts to go around for 2 Days, why add a third? I guess the obvious answer is to make more money, but at what cost?

There are, of course, a few exceptions. I'd love to see Rage play, but I'm betting they will tour so I can catch them when they play locally. Why on earth though, would you recycle The Chili Peppers through another Coachella. They are a decent band and all....but, personally, I was bored with them after Lollapalooza 2 - I'm tired of seeing this mediocre band anchor festivals (o.k. - bring it on, ChiliHeads).

I'm just sad that we see many recycled Coachella acts here and that the quality has been diluted over 3 days.

Just my opinion...but I don't think I'm alone.
    So are you trying to say that you have so much free time on your hands, you signed up on this message board...just to say you were dissapointed with this year. Damn.

One time i farted in a bucket and put a lid on it...

six years later... after seeing this thread.. not afraid to open it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

WOW.
    You, sir, are an idiot.

this is an amazing coachella, and its gonna be 3 days that i will someday tell my children about. rage, sonic youth, roots, arcade fire, decemberists, bjork, comedians of comedy, circa fuckin survive, willie nelson, ...goes on an on...cant wait.

Talking Re: Worst Lineup Ever

I have to agree with jpindio—this is the worst lineup since Coachella started. I attended the last six and have to say I was sorely disappointed to see that I have seen two of the three headliners—RHCP and Bjork—before...at Coachella! Simply put, the acts are being recycled for the sake of those who were too young to have caught them the first time they visited Indio. After Siouxsie, The Cure, Radiohead, Kraftwerk, NIN, Massive Attack, Bauhaus, Gang of Four, Stooges, Pixies, Jane's Addiction, and Depeche Mode, the 2007 lineup seems a bit anticlimactic.

This is only my opinion—and I am entitled to it. If you disagree with me, at least use proper English when refuting my point.

Nerds...it's the best yet. Only radiohead and the police could have made it better.

Lurker

rage against the machine ain't gonna tour
    no way

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Worst Lineup Ever ?

I don't agree, and that's why I'm going and you're not...

I wish for you as well. But I'm sorry they will tour @ least a few places.

Quote Originally Posted by jpindio View Post
    Honestly, I'm not trying to rain on your parade or bum out anyone who has purchased tickets. Regardless of the lineup, the weekend will be fun. I'm saying that I wish Goldenvoice could've done better for you AND me. A couple of years ago we had the Pixies, Radiohead, and Kraftwerk in the space of a couple of hours. In comparison, this lineup is pretty boring. I'm trying to encourage the promoters to put on a better show in the future. Please stop crying about how I don't belong on the message board. That is like saying, "you hate freedom" if you don't support the war in Iraq.
    For you Pixies, Radiohead, and Kraftwerk was a better headliner lineup then this year. Well, I only like one of those bands (Radiohead...sorry Pixies fans), but this year's lineup has 3 artists headlining that I am looking forward to seeing. So I will take this year's headliners. Its all subjective anyways. People like what they like. This year's fest just isn't for you....but it is for me (and obviously several others who have already bought up the one day passes for both Sat. & Sun.).