Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTN SMOKERS / Barefoot Thread

Default ATTN SMOKERS / Barefoot Thread

ATTN SMOKERS: Due to the heat and the general hippy nature of the festival, many festival-goers will choose to ditch their shoes for the feel of soft grass of the polo fields between their toes. PLEASE do not litter with cigarette butts, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you must smoke and litter then at least make sure your butts are completely extinguished (ie. test for heat with your fingers) before tossing them! last year I had the unpleasant experience of stepping on a lit cigarette in the dark and damn did it sting and scare the crap out of me! That goes for roaches as well.

ATTN MUSICLOVERS: SO in explanation of the above statement, last year on Friday me and my friends wore shoes and found our feet became incredibly hot/sweaty. We noticed a large number of people going barefoot and since my parents have a summer cabin on a lake where I ran around barefoot for most of my childhood/teenage years I was all up ons.
    The first day we carried our shoes around, then sat and sun we left them in the tent. There is no gravel anywhere near, and the polo pitch grass is incredibly pleasant, plus due to the dry heat of the desert it tends to stay quite clean and definitely does not attract mud (though there is a patch of sandy road between the campsite and the parking lot, but the dust in the air will cake you within a few hours so it didn't really bother us a lot). I therefore HIGHLY RECOMMEND making like a hobbit/hippy and going barefoot it is absolutely splendid, with the only major risks being cigarette butts as I have noted above (though I was the only one in my group unfortunate enough to step on one, and i jumped off immediately so there was no actual burn damage; therefore I deem it to be worth the risk).

Default Re: ATTN SMOKERS / Barefoot Thread

i would be more worried about spit/puke/piss/etc. than a lit cig.

I only go barefoot during the day; the shoes go on around 5 or so.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

going barefoot is disgusting. I hate fucking hippies and their stupid ideas. Fuck you. I'm going to purposely not put my cigarettes out in hopes that you step on them.
    "We're on a mission from God"

----Elwood Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post
    That goes for roaches as well.
    Toughen up dude I put roaches out on my tongue and roaches don't stay lit long enough for you to come along, step on them and get burned by your calloused foot...just say'n!!!

How about we avoid throwing anything on the ground? I went to the Download festival in England a couple years ago and it was a filthy shithole.

Everyone likes to be able to collapse onto clean grass.... aaaaaaahhhhh.

i am going to throw my up just for you....

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    How about we avoid throwing anything on the ground? I went to the Download festival in England a couple years ago and it was a filthy shithole.
    every fest in europe end up being a shithole.... i guess because of the rain and mud.... shithole indeed

my girlfriend stepped on a lit cig last year also. she was not happy about it.

just wear sandals if u dont wanna wear shoes. an ex of mine steped on a piece of glass at lolla a few years ago and that fucked up her weekend. her own fault for going barefoot though.

Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNOW View Post
    every fest in europe end up being a shithole.... i guess because of the rain and mud.... shithole indeed
    The weather for Download '06 was great, so mud wasn't a problem. It was the trash all over the place that got out of hand.

Oh yeah. If you do toss your plastic water/soda bottle on the ground, take the cap off first. They're really easy to slip on when you step on them with the caps on. Kinda like a mini rolling log.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I always go barefoot until about sunset, then my shoes go back on. I've never had a problem stepping on anything.

don't forget to put sunblock on your feet.

sandles are not an acceptable substitute for going barefoot.

Put some fucking shoes on you maniacs.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

I have a great idea -- how about if no one litters at all?

There are trash cans all over the place. It's not that hard to toss your used crap (water bottles, extinguished cigarette butts, uneaten chinese food, underwear that you decided just weren't comfortable anymore, etc) where it belongs.

I never litter and really don't understand how people feel OK just dumping their shit wherever they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by krk67 View Post
    I have a great idea -- how about if no one litters at all?

There are trash cans all over the place. It's not that hard to toss your used crap (water bottles, extinguished cigarette butts, uneaten chinese food, underwear that you decided just weren't comfortable anymore, etc) where it belongs.

I never litter and really don't understand how people feel OK just dumping their shit wherever they feel like it.
    Hey--this is America, pal. You don't like it, get out.

The perfect excuse for any and every pointlessly selfish attitude one can have. Between "this is America" and "you know--free will, and shit" there is never a need for accountability. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

ask me nicely after you walk through shit piss and puke and maybe I'll cleanse your feet with fire.
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

the shoeless chella experience is always the best...grossness be damned!
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

We are not children in the giant room with a bunch of balls or at chuckEcheese. Please put on shoes. If you don't, you may step on something like a lit cigarette.

Thank you. Also, feet smell worse than ciggs do, so please wash your feet if you are wearing flip flops/sandals or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    going barefoot is disgusting. I hate fucking hippies and their stupid ideas. Fuck you. I'm going to purposely not put my cigarettes out in hopes that you step on them.
    actually going barefoot is not that bad and has nothing to do with hippies which I really dont like either. Feels nice in the tents in the beginning of the day but later its a good idea to put those sandals/shoes back on.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by Cancersticks1 View Post
    ask me nicely after you walk through shit piss and puke and maybe I'll cleanse your feet with fire.
    Ive never seen anyone just take a piss in the middle of a crowd. Usually they reserve that for the outhouses or at least behind a tent where no one walks.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Also, change heats up really good in the California sun.

My friend stepped on a penny. Pretty goddamn funny.

The grass was pretty clean, and while I wouldn't walk around like that, it's nice to sit or stand and watch a show like that. I seriously don't remember smelling funky feet over the BO of every guy who was sweating his ass off and hadn't showered. :P

~goes to buy a case of thumb tacks~

i usually switch off between sandals and being barefoot. most of the time sandals, but if im parked in one spot for a while, or just feel like giving my feet some freedom, i'll go barefoot for a bit. its too fuckin hot out there for shoes. and after walking around a while in whatever footwear you prefer, taking off your shoes and feeling the soft grass under your feet feels pretty damn good. i highly suggest it.

I rocked flip flops last year, but when standing all day even those hurt the soles, so I took them off various times during the day and let my feet enjoy the spongy grass and it was lovely....

Except when I stepped on a lit cig butt. Haha, but I'm not complaining.... much. That's just the risk when you go barefoot. It did sting, but didn't do any major damage. Having gone in tennies before, which is feet torture, I'll take the risk of cig butt burn anyday. And I'm not even a hippie. As for dirty feet.... That's what baby wipes (during the fest) and a good pedicure (afterward) are for.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by krk67 View Post
    underwear that you decided just weren't comfortable anymore
    um....WHAT?

do people really do such things? i was under the impression people who didnt like wearing underwear, just dont. do people really get bored of their skivvies mid-day and just say hey fuck it i'm taking this shit off...?

anyways, walking barefoot is nice, i enjoy it. but you have to realize you are taking a risk. people shouldn't litter, its lazy and it's fucked, but you have to take responsibility for your own well-being. if you aren't smart enough to think, "wow, i'm not wearing shoes and i'm surrounded by thousands of lazy disgusting bastards, i should look where i step", then i'm sorry for you.

Peruse these threads and consider.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7036

I went barefoot one year, it did feel nice I'll give you that, trying to chisel the gum off my heel was a bitch though, and after the things I've heard and seen since, I'll never do it again.
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

The baby wipes are key. I also took showers after the festival each night, I don't like sleeping covered in sweat and dust.

Eh, I only go barefoot on the Camping grounds.

You should realize that your feet will get tore up if you try to get close to any stage/tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid View Post

do people really get bored of their skivvies mid-day and just say hey fuck it i'm taking this shit off....

haha, that just made my day. thanks, its been a bad one 2.