Thread: modest mouse performing the lonesome crowded west in its entirety

Default modest mouse performing the lonesome crowded west in its entirety

i think i would pay a good 200 dollars just to see that.
    Last edited by sadsappysucker; 03-01-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: 500 is a little much now that i think about it.

Default Re: modest mouse performing the lonesome crowded west in its entirety

you're crazy, I'd pay about.... $60 at most. That'd be great if Dont Look Back hooked something up liek that
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    you're crazy, I'd pay about.... $60 at most.
    haha it's my favorite album of all time.

Banned

200 is a bit much...but id be down to see them play a set of all material without songs off "good news" and "we were dead"

I'd pay good money to see them play The Lonesome Crowded West. I wasn't able to get into Modest Mouse for awhile, but I burned this album last year and wow. Amazing from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by hobomilitia View Post
    200 is a bit much...but id be down to see them play a set of all material without songs off "good news" and "we were dead"
    It seems a fair amount of MM fans dont appreciate Good News to much, I personally think it is a really good album, and one of their best at that.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

"This is a Long Drive..." is their best album and my favorite... especially live. I'd pay, um, $100 to see that! ha!
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

I agree that lonesome crowded west is their best album, but good news and we were dead are right up there too. Their only weak album imo is long drive.

M&A.
    The White Stripes 9/18

moon and antartica ftw.

Isaac Brock was 22 when Lonesome Crowded West came out. Now he's in his 30s. Wouldn't you suppose that he's at a different place now in life where he wouldn't want to revisit his early career? It wasn't exactly his seminal album. That would be Good News..., because it's where all of his recognition comes from. It was his most championed album. The number of fans he gained from that album greatly outnumber the number of fans he had with all the prior albums. He still recognizes that people like the older songs, and he'll throw the older fans a bone with a Cowboy Dan here or there, but their concerts will always remain Good News...heavy.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Banned

I agree that Issac's style has changed, at least musically, but for the most part the lyrics still have the same themes. It's just that they have become a bit ridiculous live-none of their songs really need two drummers, not even the new ones.

Their albums in order of greatness overall as an album are...

1. Long Drive (Perfect album together as an album and songs are great live.)
    2. M&A (Had everything from disco traxxx to epic crowd divers.)
    3. Lonesome Crowded (Still has the best singles.)
    4. We Were Dead (Solid album, a bit too ho hum, but still good.)
    5. Good News (Not sure where this one was going. Has most bad tracks.)

Sad Sappy would be last. Building Something would be after the first three. And yes I missed when the shows were break your neck yelling dance fests. Now they're "look at your date to figure out if you're going to get some tonight but oh wait where is the nearest beer cart... do they take card?... oh wait, bro, float on!" shows.

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

They played "Tiny Cities Made of Ashes" at the TI Festival last year. Is that a song they normally do?

Quote Originally Posted by noisemachine View Post
    They played "Tiny Cities Made of Ashes" at the TI Festival last year. Is that a song they normally do?
    Yeah they play that one pretty often... 5th most often according to their very extensive setlist collective.

http://www.interstate-8.com/setlists.asp

Quote Originally Posted by neverclever View Post
    Yeah they play that one pretty often... 5th most often according to their very extensive setlist collective.

http://www.interstate-8.com/setlists.asp
    I always wanted to know what the setlist was when I first saw them:

3rd Planet
    Interstate 8
    Paper Thin Walls
    Night On The Sun
    Talking Shit About A Pretty Sunset
    Never Ending Math Equation
    Broke
    Teeth Like God's Shoeshine
    Gravity Rides Everything

Thats a damn good one...i saw broke in eugene couple years back...much better song live...have to ask...did isaac do the distorded-harmonic-wahmmy-bendy-thingy at the end of teeth like gods shoeshine?

heard he cheaps out of that a lot

Pretty sure yes. He cheaped out on some other song that we were expecting to kickass. Pretty sure this was still unsober Isaac. He didn't address the crowd much. Some guy threw a beanie on stage and yelled "I made you a beanie." It stayed on stage untouched for the duration of the show. I saw a roadie wearing it later.

Modest Mouse are pretty awesome live, id see them at any fest...
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

that would be an awful idea. modest mouse are not an "album" band, their a band that has like, 30 or 40 really great songs, and then 600 others that no one can figure out why they recorded them. but i also stand firm that every album has at least 5 really, really shitty songs on it, including lonesome crowded west.

drugs make me talk stupid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuflvr@mac.com View Post
    but i also stand firm that every album has at least 5 really, really shitty songs on it, including lonesome crowded west.

What are the 5 really really shitty songs on lonesome crowded west?

Quote Originally Posted by hobomilitia View Post
    What are the 5 really really shitty songs on lonesome crowded west?
    There's one song that's below par, and it's "Long Distance Drunk", but everything else is amazing. People who think "Shit Luck" sucks need to pull their heads out of their asses.

This is the set from the first time I saw them. great show.

Black Cadillacs
    3rd Planet
    Float On
    Ocean Breathes Salty
    Satin In A Coffin
    Bukowski
    Dramamine
    Paper Thin Walls
    The View
    One Chance
    Cowboy Dan
    The World At Large