Not in any particular order :
Green Day - just when "Dookie" had first come out - small club, front row - excellent
Erasure - early 90s - very theatrical show and classic synthesizer music.
Joe Jackson - went from "angry young man" to serious musician - saw it happen in his live shows - they were all great on different levels.
Social Distortion - They rocked every time
NIN - Seen them solo and at Woodstock - both shows equaled in intensity and sex appeal
Runners up: Henry Rollins, INXS (original!), Elvis Costello, and the 'Dead
1. Radiohead - Shoreline 2001 was amazing.
2. NIN - Fagility tour at the Cow Palace
3. Arcade Fire - Coachella 2005
4. Tool - Aenima Tour Fresno CA
5. Wyclef Jean - Street Scene San Diego
I miss Bill Hicks.
1. Pixies at Coachella 2004.
2. Radiohead at Coachella 2004.
3. Swervedriver at Coachella 2008.
4. Ride and Slowdive at the Graduate in Santa barbara in 1992.
5. the Strokes at the Gibson Ampitheatre in 2006.
Radiohead at Cynthia Woods Houston Tx
RATM at Lolla 2008
The Prodigy at Coachella 2002
Oasis at Verizon Wireless Houston Tx 2005
NIN at Lolla 2008
Nine Inch Nails
Holy monk, Ride and Slowdive?
Current top 5 (a lot has changed since January 07):
2. Sigur Ros
3. Arcade Fire
7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale
Ride is one of my favorite bands of all time.
1. The Hold Steady- I’ve seen them 3 times and will be seeing them in about a week. They just kill it every single time, they have so much energy and they are having such a good time playing it’s hard not to get caught up in the fever.
2. Radiohead- Seen them 5 times, they never cease to amaze me. Just a fantastic live band.
3. Basement Jaxx- Their performance at Coachella ’04 was one of the highlights of that weekend for me, again just so much energy and so many good vibes coming from the stage, it was like getting swept up in a wave.
4. The Roots- The best live hip hop act going.
5. Pearl Jam – its been a while since I have seen them live, but god damn this band is amazing.
The Who are famous for being a great live band back in their prime, I do not know about now. There performance at the Rock and Roll Circus was legendary. They blew the Rolling Stones off the stage, which caused the latter enough embarassment to the point the video of the show was unreleased for decades.
1. Radiohead - Bonnaroo 2006
2. Sufjan Stevens - Town Hall NYC September 2006
3. Bon Iver - St. Giles-In-The-Church June 2008
4. My Bloody Valentine - Roseland Ballroom September 2008
5. Arcade Fire - Radio City Music Hall May 2007
I am jealous I have not seen My Bloody Valentine so far. It sucks they were not at Coachella this year and I was not able to see them at that venue in Santa Monica.
Is this Top 5 Live acts at Coachella or Just Top 5 live acts well here are both..
Coachella top 5 (That I witnessed)
1) Radiohead 2004
2) Daft Punk 2006
3) Portshead 2008
4) Rage Against The Machine 2007
5) Prince 2008
Top 5 Live all Time: (That I witnessed)
1) Radiohead (san diego embarcadero park 2006)
2) Ramones (kroq wennie roast 1995)
3) Rage Against The Machine (olymic velodrome cal state dominquez 1995)
4) Sade (The Forum 2001)
5) Daft Punk (Vegoose on my Birthday 10/27/07) What a great day that was! Best Birthday EVER!