Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travis Barker In Critical Condition After Plane Crash

Default Travis Barker In Critical Condition After Plane Crash

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...rH0eAD93AFGJ80

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) A hospital spokeswoman says former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and a popular disc jockey have been critically injured in a Learjet crash in South Carolina that killed four people.
    Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. She says the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.
    Hospital spokeswoman Beth Frits says Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.
    Federal officials say two crew members and two passengers have been
    killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Default Re: Travis Barker In Critical Condition After Plane Crash

Following the link I noticed they posted an update...

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) Officials say a Learjet has crashed while departing from a Columbia, S.C., airport, killing four people on board and injuring two others.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. She says the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.

Bergen says the Lear 60 was headed to Van Nuys, Calif.

She didn't have the names of those killed and didn't know the conditions of the two people injured.

wow, that is tough. travis is a really nice guy, knew him and hung out with him a bunch back in the days when he played with the aquabats. hoping for a full recovery.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 09-20-2008 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Following the link I noticed they posted an update...

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Officials say a Learjet has crashed while departing from a Columbia, S.C., airport, killing four people on board and injuring two others.

Bergen says the Lear 60 was headed to Van Nuys, Calif.

She didn't have the names of those killed and didn't know the conditions of the two people injured.
    that was the original posting, the updated info was above it.

Oh wow, DJ AM too?
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

DJ AM and Travis Barker were critically injured in a plane crash Friday night (September 19) in Columbia, South Carolina. They had just performed at a free T-Mobile-sponsored show in the Five Points area, along with Perry Farrell and headliner Gavin DeGraw. Farrell's manager, Peter Katsis, confirmed that Farrell was not on the plane.
    this shit sounds like "la bamba".

saw a rumor that his assistant/friend was on the plane with him, the guy who was always right next to him whenever you saw him on tv or in pictures, sounds like he didn't make it, sucks.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 09-20-2008 at 06:34 AM.

4 killed in SC plane crash; drummer, DJ injured

By PAGE IVEY – 51 minutes ago

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and a popular disc jockey were critically injured in a Learjet crash in South Carolina that killed four people, authorities said Saturday.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. The plane went off a runway and crashed on a nearby road, she said.

Hospital spokeswoman Beth Frits said Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were in critical condition at a burn center in Augusta, Ga., about 75 miles southwest of Columbia.

Two other passengers and two crew members died, said the National Transportation Safety Board. Their identities were not immediately available.

Barker and Goldstein, who perform together under the name TRVSDJ-AM, played a free concert in Columbia's college neighborhood Friday night.

"It's absolutely terrible and tragic," Columbia Mayor Bob Coble said.

A representative for Barker and DJ AM said she had no information the crash.

After Blink 182, Barker went on to form the rock band (+44) — pronounced "plus forty-four." He starred in the MTV reality series "Meet the Barkers" with former Miss USA Shanna Moakler, to whom he was married at the time. The show documented the former couple's lavish wedding and life.

Goldstein at one time was engaged to celebrity Nicole Richie.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Sep 20 2008 10:15 AM EDT
    DJ AM And Travis Barker Critically Injured In Private Plane Crash In South Carolina
    DJ and drummer had just performed in free show in Five Points.

By Gil Kaufman

DJ AM and Travis Barker were critically injured in a plane crash Friday night (September 19) in Columbia, South Carolina. They had just performed at a free T-Mobile-sponsored show in the Five Points area, along with Perry Farrell and headliner Gavin DeGraw. Farrell's manager, Peter Katsis, confirmed that Farrell was not on the plane; it was unclear at press time whether DeGraw was onboard.

According to Lynne Douglas, public information officer for the Columbia Metro Airport, the crash took place just before midnight on Friday and involved a private Learjet with six passengers onboard. While taking off, the plane, which never left the ground, began sending up sparks and skidded off the end of the runway through a fence separating the airfield from a nearby roadway. It then crossed the roadway and ended up in an embankment, catching fire on impact. Douglas said two passengers — who were later confirmed to be AM and Barker — escaped the aircraft while it was on the ground, while the other two passengers and crew members died in the crash.

Beth Frits, a spokesperson for the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia, confirmed that AM (born Adam Goldstein) and Barker were transported to a hospital in Columbia, following the crash. They were transferred — AM by helicopter and Barker by ambulance — to the Still Center soon after.

Lexington County Deputy Coroner Brian Setree confirmed for MTV News on Saturday morning that three men and a woman were killed in the crash. Just after 10 a.m. Saturday, Setree identified two of the crash victims: the plane's pilot, Sarah Lemmon, 31, of Anaheim, California, and her co-pilot, James Bland, who was 52 and lived in Carlsbad, California. At 10:40, Setree confirmed that Barker's assistant, Chris "Little Chris" Baker, also died in the crash. He was 29, and lived in Studio City, California.

The National Transportation Safety Board has scheduled a press conference for 11:30 a.m., and it is expected more details about the accident will be revealed at that time.

Former Blink-182 drummer Barker, 32, and DJ AM, 35, were the house band for the 2008 VMAs.
    Last edited by gaypalmsprings; 09-20-2008 at 06:57 AM.
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    that was the original posting, the updated info was above it.
    It's early, I'm tired...

TMZ is trying to make me really nervous,,,,

Travis Barker, DJ AM Critical After Plane Crash

Posted Sep 20th 2008 9:49AM by TMZ Staff

Travis Barker and DJ AM were passengers on plane that crashed, critically injuring them and killing four others. The jet was departing from a South Carolina airport.

Travis was taken by ambulance to the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, GA and is in critical but stable condition. DJ AM, real name Adam Michael Goldstein, was airlifted to the burn center and is also in critical but stable condition.

Barker had performed Friday night with Perry Farrell, Gavin DeGraw and DJ AM. It has not been confirmed if Farrell and DeGraw were also traveling on the same jet.

A FAA spokesperson said the plane carrying six people attempted to take off shortly before midnight Friday from Columbia, South Carolina when people in the tower reporting seeing sparks. They said the plane went off the runway and crashed on an a highway embankment, catching fire.
    Last edited by Ardentbiscuit; 09-20-2008 at 07:07 AM.

me, too...hence the supredouche-style reply

I don't think Degraw or Farrell were on board, I think TMZ is just trying to make people wonder...

Wow. very sad and scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

wow terrible.you just never know in this world...Hopefully they both pull through. I wonder who else was on the plane

it's also not looking good for Nate Dogg, who suffered another stroke

Nate Dogg's cousin Donald Smith has told E! News that the superstar's condition is worse then people think.

According to Smith, the 39-year-old rapper/producer, real name Nathaniel Dawayne Hale was on a life support machine in a Los Angeles-area hospital with a feeding tube in his mouth.

Nate's situation has since improved and he has been taken off life support but still requires a feeding tube, according to Smith.

"He has suffered another stroke from his bad eating habits and unhealthy lifestyle," He continued "All we can do now is pray for him."

Our thoughts are with Nate Dogg & his family.
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Wait, who is and how is Nate Dogg involved in this?
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

he;s not really involved, except for making a trifecta of critically injuried musicians.

Nate Dogg, is one of rap music's greatest hook man, all over Dr. Dre's, Snoop's, Warren G's albums, just to name a few

Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Everyone involved as been identified now...

Fatalities In Travis Barker Jet Crash Identified
    Saturday, Sep 20, 2008 9:23AM

Update - South Carolina officials say four California residents died in the fiery Learjet crash that also critically injured former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and celebrity DJ AM.
    The Lexington County coroner said Saturday that pilot Sarah Lemmon of Anaheim Hills and co-pilot James Bland of Carlsbad died. Also killed were passengers Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles.
    Authorities say the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. The plane headed for Van Nuys, Calif., went off a runway, through a fence and crashed on a nearby road.
    Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were in critical condition at a burn center in Augusta, Ga. - Associated Press

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Also killed were passengers Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles.
    barker's friend/assistant and bodyguard.

Its odd that the pilots and friends died but both stars lived...where were they sitting that they were able to survive??
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

So sad. I wonder how badly burned Travis and Adam are.

Travis could have lost thousands of dollars in ink work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    Its odd that the pilots and friends died but both stars lived...where were they sitting that they were able to survive??
    reports said the plane went through a fence and then slammed into an embankment. guessing anyone closer to the front was worse off. saw one eyewitness report that said they saw 2 men escape the plane and they were trying to put the flames out on each other.

They've got a long road ahead if they survive.

my uncle suffered a severe burn on his leg years and years ago. i seem to remember they had to go to his wife and 3 daughters to donate skin from their bodies. i guess they have this instrument that runs along the donor's skin and shaves off really thin slices. owww!

well who knows how bad they were burned...we'll find out. dj am is not gonna be at hard haunted mansion that is fo sho
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

"They overran the end of runway 11. They impacted the antenna array and a number of lights at the end of the runway. They went through the perimeter fence and across the roadway here," said NTSB spokeswoman Debbie Hersman, briefing reporters on Saturday. "There was a significant post-crash fire."

William Owens told WIS-TV he was driving down Highway 302 when he said he saw a fireball go across the road.

"I didn't know what I had seen -- it was maybe 800 feet in front of me, but as I approached it closer though, I made out a fire. By then I was able to see the tail of the jet and I recognized it as a jet," Owens said.

Owens told the station he tried to get to the wreckage.

"It's in flames and the fuel is running across the road and I had to cross the fuel to get to the two guys that seemed to have been dumped on the highway," Owens said.

Owens told WIS-TV the two men were running around and pulling off clothing to put out the flames. He said he asked them if anyone else was on board the plane and they said four people were with them.

"We turned to the jet to try and see if there was anything we could do, but immediately, there was nothing anyone could do," Owens said.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 09-20-2008 at 09:30 AM.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Honestly, this is bad news. He was the only one in Blink 182 with any talent.

I hope their faces didn't melt.

I feel terrible for Barker's kids right now.

Damn, hope all is well

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    I feel terrible for Barker's kids right now.

I felt terrible for Barker's kids a long time ago.