Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How interpreted what Paul meant when he said tricks up his sleeve?

Default Re: How interpreted what Paul meant when he said tricks up his sleeve?

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you know this? Seems a little BSy to me is all.
    marilyn manson's guitarrist is the touring guitarrist for the Prodigy....just ask him.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    There. will. be. no. more. additions.

good day sir.
    you dont know that!

YOU DONT KNOW THAT!!

*sigh* its true, isnt it
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

tegan and sara will not be on the mainstage
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I've heard Prince a time or two. But I also heard Kanye West and Rihanna and we know that's not at all possible now.

All the additions I want (off the top of my head, anyway) are either unavailable now or simply unrealistic (Pulp, Prince, Radiohead campground set, the second coming of Jesus IN THE TENT). I have my ticket and have made peace with the lineup (but will still enjoy jokes at the expense of Jack Johnson), so a significant addition would be a nice surprise, but at this point I'm not expecting it.

I did not get to listen to the radio broadcast, just read what people said in the chat, but I do remember someone saying that Mr. Coachella said there would be some kind of special travel packages available from Mexico to the fest. Does anyone know anything about this?
    i also heard prince - and kylie on sunday in the tent - dont know about prince anymore - isnt he having hip replacement surgery?

broken social scene and feist should reschedule their west coast bullshit and play coachella. But yeah, we can count prince out now. Dave chappelle would be an awesome surprise add.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

that should say east coast. iPod won't let me edit.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    I'm just wondering what everyone thinks he meant...
    I don't think Paul T. would say that he has tricks up his sleeve and then leave everyone hanging.. their will be a few more adds. who has he added in the past? Daft Punk, Lemonheads, Madonna, Kanye....
    they will announce a new addition by the end of March or his word won't mean shit in the future.
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

I want a great addition as much as everyone else.

But isn't it possible that when he said they had "tricks up their sleeve", he could have been talking about a specific performance?
    i.e. Rogers Waters' or Kraftwerk's stage show

The "trick" isn't necessarily a HUGE addition, you know?

Maybe he's talking about another crazy tent, or the art work, or... anything else that would make Coachella kick that much more ass.

P.S. I finally got a job today, so I am totally going to be able to go this year. Fuck! Yes!

EDIT: On second thought, maybe they're handing out free drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    For anyone who doesn't know, Tessa works for Goldenvoice.
    Wow. I thought the holier-than-thou attitude was just, you know, who she was.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    marilyn manson's guitarrist is the touring guitarrist for the Prodigy....just ask him.
    i did. what josh said is what rob (the guitarist from prodigy) told me. and i told josh. he didnt seem a hundred percent when i asked him. but he was like uhh i think we are playing this year
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Excellent.

The trick in question was essentially a series of cons, disappearing acts, and the like.

I'd be pleased if PT and GV kept the rest of their "tricks" completely fucking hidden until AFTER Coachella... Just leave the lineup in PEACE for fuck sake.

Or, you know, get rid of Enter Shikari. That would be nice.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

all right, i'll spill the beans...the big addition is going to be jesus (resurrected) and john lennon (also resurrected) performing bob dylan's entire song catalog (even the weird born-again christian stuff, much of which is among jesus' favorites) with n'sync (reunited) dancing...i know, it's gonna be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCrystal View Post
    all right, i'll spill the beans...the big addition is going to be jesus (resurrected) and john lennon (also resurrected) performing bob dylan's entire song catalog (even the weird born-again christian stuff, much of which is among jesus' favorites) with n'sync (reunited) dancing...i know, it's gonna be cool.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/SublimeRHCP/*****.jpg[/IMG]
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

2006 has cursed us. we had such big additions that year that we have come to expect that every year (although, to remind everyone again, daft punk were added just TWO DAYS after the initial announcement, so that barely counts). and Kanye was such a last minute add that year that it now leaves us hoping right up until the day coachella begins. but guess what? it didnt happen last year, and it's not happening this year either.

2006 was a fluke. it is not the norm. get over it.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/SublimeRHCP/*****.jpg[/IMG]
    for some reason, I laughed alot at this pic.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    I want a great addition as much as everyone else.

But isn't it possible that when he said they had "tricks up their sleeve", he could have been talking about a specific performance?
    i.e. Rogers Waters' or Kraftwerk's stage show

The "trick" isn't necessarily a HUGE addition, you know?

Maybe he's talking about another crazy tent, or the art work, or... anything else that would make Coachella kick that much more ass.

P.S. I finally got a job today, so I am totally going to be able to go this year. Fuck! Yes!

EDIT: On second thought, maybe they're handing out free drugs.
    Actually, this is what I was thinking by having Tricks of his sleeve...I am expect epic shows and productions for both Roger Waters and Kraftwerk...perhaps even from Portishead...at this point..we have all gotten so work up about rumors and heresay that threads like these have been really exhausting..I for one am not expecting any major to be added other then maybe a few small bands...think about it now...we are in March tomorrow, which means Coachella is NEXT MONTH....we should all relaxed and just get ready for what we have now...
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    What the fuck do you know about Madison Square Garden you Orange County twat?
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    And I'm just gonna tell you all this right now, and you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to, but Daft Punk isn't playing next year, so just shut up about it now and save yourself from wasting anymore time on the thought of it.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    2006 has cursed us. we had such big additions that year that we have come to expect that every year (although, to remind everyone again, daft punk were added just TWO DAYS after the initial announcement, so that barely counts). and Kanye was such a last minute add that year that it now leaves us hoping right up until the day coachella begins. but guess what? it didnt happen last year, and it's not happening this year either.

2006 was a fluke. it is not the norm. get over it.
    True....SO true...we expected the same last year and we are still expecting the same this year...Damn...If I knew how much damage this would do, I would have vetoed any lineup announcement without full details (Pretty fucking moot on my end but you get the idea...)...I think it all comes down to who they can pull out of retirement or lure over to Indio...I still hate the fact that JJ is headlining though....and it annoys me even more that they got him again for APW...thank god I got single day tickets for APW...
    And I'm just gonna tell you all this right now, and you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to, but Daft Punk isn't playing next year, so just shut up about it now and save yourself from wasting anymore time on the thought of it.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    There's enough no-talent retro dance bullshit on the lineup already. You fucking tossoffs just wander from thread to thread talking the same fucking 3 acts all day everyday. For months now. Prodigy. Underworld. Chemical Brothers. Congratulations, all you generic twittering twats love the same 3 90s washups. Go fuck yourselves.
    While I wouldn't ever have put it so harshly...Pot does have a point...There is alot more to EDM then the 3 listed (Even though I am a huge fan of all 3 and you bet your ass I will be up front for Underworld at APW)...also all this acts have performed twice or more already...anyways...I have been screaming for a Aphex Twin set for over a year...if we get a major Electronic act...make it him....

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    i did. what josh said is what rob (the guitarist from prodigy) told me. and i told josh. he didnt seem a hundred percent when i asked him. but he was like uhh i think we are playing this year
    He actually said the words " i think we are playing this year"? Good enough for me. Throw them on the poster...
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

Somehow the unsure words of a guitarist don't seem to hold much water with me... I'll believe it when I see it.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    There. will. be. no. more. additions.

good day sir.
    SAY THAT AGAIN BITCH!
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!