Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How interpreted what Paul meant when he said tricks up his sleeve?

Default How interpreted what Paul meant when he said tricks up his sleeve?

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks he meant...

Default Re: How interpreted what Paul meant when he said tricks up his sleeve?

LOL.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Sorry I screwed up the poll due to getting freaked out by a big accident outside my house and all of these cops and fire fighters showing up.

I guess a car rolled down a hill and now they are trying to pull the car up and find the people thrown from the car.

It's very close to me.

There will be additions. Both Tessa and Dani have said it. And they don't mean Kate Nash and Above and Beyond. Just wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    There will be additions. Both Tessa and Dani have said it. And they don't mean Kate Nash and Above and Beyond. Just wait.
    NOOO, IVE ABANDONDED MY ADDITIONS, IVE ABANDONED MY ADDITIONS! (There will be blood...I mean additions)
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Link?

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    Link?
    Well, Dani has said it a couple of time in some threads. I will see if I can find one.

But for now...

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    Not the announced lineup, bitches. Like he said, he has some tricks up his sleeve. Every single band hasn't been announced yet.
    For anyone who doesn't know, Tessa works for Goldenvoice.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Yeah, I read some of that, but I thought PF had said something new in recent days.

Really, I hadn't read that. I hope not. That would suck if someone was planned, but had to pull out for some reason or another.

I never saw the original post about about adds...

I thought everyone was just assuming there would be adds....

But really if they had somebody major to add why would they wait??

Ticket sales don't seem to be going that fast, they already added the 3rd day to stagecoach, announced the line up for APW, etc.

I would like to go on the record as saying I have NO idea what he has in mind. I was literally just quoting Paul T from the conference in Mexico. I don't actually work in the Goldenvoice office so I am about as clueless as the rest of you when it comes to what actual tricks are hidden up Paul's sleeve. "Every single band hasn't been announced yet" is pretty much just a confident guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Sorry Tessa, I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth or get you in trouble. But you are a better source then almost anyone else on the board, so while we are on topic, I might as well add fuel to the fire.
    While on that topic, I have heard rumours about an addition that are in talks with GV right now. I can't say from where I heard it or who, but if they are added, Coachella will be basically complete to me. And no, its unfortunately not Madness.

Cmon.. spill the beans.

C'mon David Gilmour!
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is fantastic news...we can all fist ourselves in peace now...
    http://www.last.fm/user/theburydlife

2011 Wishlist: Soviet Soviet, Swans, Heroin and Your Veins, Lower Dens, The December Sound, Scarlet Youth, Faunts, Bad Lieutenant, The Besnard Lakes, The Raveonettes, Screen Vinyl Image, Sway

Sorry Tessa, I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth or get you in trouble. But you are a better source then almost anyone else on the board, so while we are on topic, I might as well add fuel to the fire.
    While on that topic, I have heard rumours about an addition that are in talks with GV right now. I can't say from where I heard it or who, but if they are added, Coachella will be basically complete to me. And no, its unfortunately not Madness.
    like Madness would make it complete.... don't get me wrong I love Suggs and the boys but.. we would need the SPECIALS w/ Terry Hall and Jerry Dammers if a ska band gonna save the line up... I would even take FUN BOY 3 or Dub Pistols w/ Terry Hall..

I've heard Prince a time or two. But I also heard Kanye West and Rihanna and we know that's not at all possible now.

All the additions I want (off the top of my head, anyway) are either unavailable now or simply unrealistic (Pulp, Prince, Radiohead campground set, the second coming of Jesus IN THE TENT). I have my ticket and have made peace with the lineup (but will still enjoy jokes at the expense of Jack Johnson), so a significant addition would be a nice surprise, but at this point I'm not expecting it.

I did not get to listen to the radio broadcast, just read what people said in the chat, but I do remember someone saying that Mr. Coachella said there would be some kind of special travel packages available from Mexico to the fest. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Last edited by Boourns; 02-27-2008 at 01:20 AM.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    Cmon.. spill the beans.
    Well, The Prodigy. I can say they ARE in talks with GV. But don't get your hopes up. They are simply in talks and it is no where near official. If it happens, I will be stoked beyond belief. If it doesn't happen, well... that is why I am not getting my hopes up.

The Prodigy? That'd be impressive. I wonder what night they would play if added.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I think The Prodigy would have to play Sunday... Simian Mobile Disco...Justice...The Prodigy to close the entire weekend. It would be perfect... I still have my hopes up for the Prodigy to be added, but if it doesnt happen I wasnt actually expecting them to be there.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

If The Prodigy come, I will strongly consider mounting a write-in campaign... Paul Tollett for president.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Tricks cereal rabbit tatoo on his arm?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Wow, The Prodigy would be beyond awesome. paulb, do you really think they'd have to do Sunday? I know Sunday has fewer bands, but I'd hope GV wouldn't pit them against Waters. Friday would be perfect for me...The Raconteurs --> Fatboy Slim --> The Prodigy...

The Prodigy would be great but I've seen them twice. For me, I'd want The Chemical Brothers, Pearl Jam ......................... or Teenage Fanclub lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

I've been waiting for a good new rumor for a while, this is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJesus28 View Post
    Paul Tollett do something!
    Daddy P! Help

Don't think of this as 100% certain. There is a chance though. If it does happen, Paul Tollet would become one of my favorite people ever. But thats not really his fault actually. He has been trying. Its all up to the Prodigy to confirm or not.
    I kinda feel bad for Paul T this year actually. First, My Bloody Valentine said no, now The Prodigy are on the fence. I wonder what other acts they tried to grab but declined this year...

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I find it hard to believe that rumors are still happening.

I enjoy rumors. Prodigy would be cool, but i am still hopping for more rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    I think The Prodigy would have to play Sunday... Simian Mobile Disco...Justice...The Prodigy to close the entire weekend. It would be perfect... I still have my hopes up for the Prodigy to be added, but if it doesnt happen I wasnt actually expecting them to be there.
    I'd rather to see them on friday.. like to start the weekend on fire. The Prodigy vs Jack Johnson would be the best decision GV could make.

If the Prodigy or Chem Bros where added to the line up, it would rip a new ass on all festivals in the US (for the time being)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Coachella Junkie

Ok Ok Ok now.

The Prodigy. This means I have to be involved in the thread.

Josh, what is the source you are getting this info from?

and if the Prodigy are added, words can not come close to expressing how happy I will be.