Thread: Bonde do Role

Default Bonde do Role

i thought they broke it, does anyone know if it will be the original line up?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Default Re: Bonde do Role

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    i thought they broke it, does anyone know if it will be the original line up?

not original line up... marina is out... but right now they're doing a contest here in Brazil to choose another girl... I think coachella will be her first international show... should be fun anyway...

whiney pain in butt

marina gasolina! chu cha cha chu (then some really funky brass horns)

bonde do role rocks

Quote Originally Posted by L7slap View Post
    not original line up... marina is out... but right now they're doing a contest here in Brazil to choose another girl... I think coachella will be her first international show... should be fun anyway...
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Anyone have the dirt on why Marina left the band? They canceled their show here in Tucson due to "exhaustion". Shortly thereafter, they broke up. Just wondering.

it is so fucking pointless to have them without the original singer.

FUCKING LAME!

They are the second worst band on this year line up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    They are the second worst band on this year line up.
    I bet the first one is Yo! Majesty, hheheh I agree.
    Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it.
    Sam Ewing

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    it is so fucking pointless to have them without the original singer.

FUCKING LAME!
    What about mum (not original line-up, new members) their new album blows dogs for quarters compared to their previous works.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...

Bonde fucking kicks ass, I've been listening to the record and I'm loving this shit. That does suck it's not the original girl, but hey what can you do?

buncha trendy hipster shit
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If Bob Dylan saved up his jizz for a year, and then molded it into the shape of records, and released it as a limited edition box set, it would top any Rolling Stone list, even if said list was about the top 50 Arabic transsexual rappers of the last 10 years. Robert Plant would probably be on there somewhere too.

Quote Originally Posted by L7slap View Post
    that just broke my heart. i mean coachella is the place for reunions right?, why not just one more show marina? please?

Quote Originally Posted by psychoc&ndy View Post
    they are fun.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by psychoc&ndy View Post
    A-fucking-GREED! High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Truta View Post
    I bet the first one is Yo! Majesty, hheheh I agree.
    Yeah, tied with MIA.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

yo! majesty is pretty fucking terrible.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Bonde Do Role is pretty sick, Yo Majesty is whack, and I love MIA.

No original line up? Sadness. I like that Marina. She's got pizazz.

just read this off wikipedia, take it for what it is.

"On December 12, Gorky and Pedro announced on a MySpace bulletin that Marina had left the band. However, on Jan 17, they were unexpectedly included as part of the announced Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2008 lineup, seemingly dispelling fears of a break-up."

I think there is hope MArina will show up for Coachella. one can only hope

I thought someone had said in another thread that they were auditioning a replacement singer and that Coachella would be their first show with her. Whatever the case, I got their CD (and the remixes, too) yesterday and they are fucking AWESOME. Can't wait to see them. Hopefully they play into MIA. (And rage, your irrational hatred of both is really unbecoming of you. )
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

well, if that is true, her vocals better be fucking spot on. they seem like theyd be a reallly fun live show.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    (And rage, your irrational hatred of both is really unbecoming of you. )
    Im sorry, but my hatred for both is completely rational.

I have TRIED to listen to MIA. When she first came out, she had HUGE buzz around her, so I decided to try it out. To me, it wasn't anything special. Her beats sounded just like everyone elses and her monotonous voice got on my nerves. Then last year, before Kala came out... the buzz came around again. I tried listening to her old music again and still, it did nothing for me. Then I listened to some new songs off of Kala, and it just confirmed my dislike for her.
    The defining moment where I really discovered what the extent of dislike for her was when I was at a party. There was an iPod hooked up to the stereo for music. This popular sounding R&B song came on, I THINK it was Rihana but Im not to sure. Anyways, I didn't think anything of it because the whole night has had a wide variety of music playing. Then right after, another song came on. So, as a joke, in a sarcastic tone I said "ANOTHER Rihana song?" Then, these two hipster kids looked over at me and on said "This is MIA."
    As for Bonde De Role... I read up on them on wiki and they actually sounded really promising. So I checked out their myspace. Damn was I ever disapointed. Her voice bothers me and her music is like TRYING to be funk... but failing hard.
    So yeah, its no irrational. I have given MIA a listen on MANY occasions in many different moods. Im glad you all like, and I actually hope Bonde Do Role plays into MIA. Hell, why not have Yo! Majesty play before Bonde De Role too. It would make conflicts a lot easier for me.

fair enough

05,06,07,08,09,10,11, 12 #1, 13 #1

fucking lame!. this pisses me off real bad, i really wanted to see the original lineup. ugh. thanks for the post though, jonprc

ya that sucks

went from being a 'maybe' to a 'stars really need to align'