Thread: why is everyone so upset?

Default why is everyone so upset?

this is a festival. there are a finite number of tickets available. not everyone can go to everything they want to go to.

festivals do not equal all accessable. the sob story posts on here are getting a tad boring. do you have solutions to your problems and complaints or are you just complaining that you didn't save the money in time to buy the 3-day passes? it is what it is

Default Re: why is everyone so upset?

Thank you

I was mad for about an hour when I couldn't get a sunday pass. (tried like hell at 10am and everything). I gave in and bought a 3 day pass. Now I guess I'll be making a full weekend out of it, and will see a lot more acts.... poor me.

yeah, poor you who gets to see arguably one of the greatest lineups not only for coachella but for any recent "FESTIVALS" in the united states. people can argue all they want but the lineups for a price of under $100/day for the 3-day passes are stupid reasonable. go to a lakers game and you're paying $100 for average seats. people also forget that it is a festival!!!! there is so much going on you probably won't be able to absorb everything.

FUCK YOU GOLDENVOICE, GREEDY BASTARDS!!! MAY STAGECOACH SET YOU BACK FOR RIPPING YOUR DEVOTED COACHELLA'ERS OFF.

I think people are upset because it was so easy to get single day passes last year (I got mine about a month before, a friend got his two weeks before), and probably every year before (I wouldn't know).

I do know that I had grand plans of having 10 people stay in a house all day Saturday, party, and then go to Sunday and just go all out for one day. Those are now completely shot because myself and my wife were the only ones that could get Sunday tickets.

I understand that this is a festival and that all of the purists feel that it's about the three day experience, but that's not really being fair to those who either simply cannot afford a 3 day pass (the potential to sell the other two days isn't as good as still having that cash in your bank account, or off your credit card) or really just like the lineup for only one day, or can't take that much time off, etc etc etc.

The idea of a festival is that everyone can pick and choose their own good time, and those of you calling everyone else who's plans for the perfect weekend were shot are being pretty oppressive by yelling and saying to just suck it up and buy a 3 day pass.

I, for one, wish that Rage was not on the lineup so all of this frenzy passed by and you didn't have people buying tickets for just ONE BAND, which I think is reproachable and not in the same vein at all of buying a single day tickets to go the entire day. Sure, I'd like to see them, but not at the expense of something I've been looking forward to for an entire year.

Now most of my casual friends have lost their mojo in terms of trying to hunt down tickets and it's just frustrating. Really really frustrating.

There's no need for this much venom on either end of the spectrum, but I say to each his own and if someone's weekend got ruined, they have a right to be angry, especially with the completely lack of information coming from the festival organizers.

IF WE JUST KNEW the math behind everything, knew how many 3 day passes were left, how many one day passes went on sale, and if there is a finite goal for the 3 days that IF IT IS NOT HIT, a certain amount of one day passes will be RE RELEASED on a certain date, I think everyone would be a lot more easy going about this because you could at least still plan. As it stands now, this takes a lot of effort and coordination and ton of people are now in the dark about whether or not they can even go, much less find lodgings, airfare, etc.

That's my two cents.

i like coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

i hear what ur saying but they did post all of the information about the gig. i didn't get tix and i'm not planning on buying scalped ones either. i was bummed at the beginning but gv gave all the info ahead of time. i'm a little surprised at the term "limited". they really meant LIMITED supply. it's all marketing and making money but in their defense they did tell us.

Oh my God! I have 4 tickets for each day! And they are not for sale, but I know how to save and buy tickets! Why Goldenvoice!? Why!? Why is it so easy to be smart!? I mean, I'm a college kid barely making minimum wage in an ice cream store! How was it that I could get 4 Sunday & Saturday tickets, when others cant even get 1?
    Last edited by Alchemy; 01-30-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: I wrote "ice cream truck"... I mean store.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    FUCK YOU GOLDENVOICE, GREEDY BASTARDS!!! MAY STAGECOACH SET YOU BACK FOR RIPPING YOUR DEVOTED COACHELLA'ERS OFF.
    People say very stupid things.

Here is one of those times.

Just how is GV ripping you off, again?
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Oh my God! I have 4 tickets for each day! And they are not for sale, but I know how to save and buy tickets! Why Goldenvoice!? Why!? Why is it so easy to be smart!? I mean, I'm a college kid barely making minimum wage in an ice cream store! How was it that I could get 4 Sunday & Saturday tickets, when others cant even get 1?
    hey jackass - I could buy 4 x 3 day passes right now and be in the same boat.

That's not what people are taking issue with.

YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE FUCKERS!

Quote Originally Posted by airguitarvet View Post
    YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE FUCKERS!
    The tickets went on sale on the fucking 27th they sold out in like 3 days. Before payday. Its kinda fucked, so if you wernt in the loop on the message board or a Coachella vet, you wernt saving up to buy tickets. They sold out too quickly, I remember the Coachella that i went to was still selling tickets up to that day. 01

I already have my tickets, so this doesn't affect me at all, but if this many people are upset, GV better sit up and take notice. I don't think I've ever heard of such a controversial Coachella, and this will be my seventh.