Thread: The Knife and Elbow guest on new dEUS album

Default The Knife and Elbow guest on new dEUS album

This makes me very happy.

dEUS will return this spring with a new album, band member Tom Barman has announced.

Vantage Point is the Belgian quintet’s first new material since 2005’s Pocket Revolution, and will be released on the 21st of April.

Featuring tracks called ‘Smokers Reflect’, ‘Eternal Woman’ and ‘The Vanishing Of Maria Schneider’, the album also boasts guest vocal contributions from Elbow’s Guy Garvey, (“who sent his vocal straight from the Massive Attack studio where he was working”) and Karin Dreijer Andersson of The Knife.

Lies Lorquet from Mintzkov is on there too, on a track called ‘Slow’ and the band are apparently “all secretly in love with her”. A video for Mintzkov’s track will appear soon, Barman confirmed.

“Hi everybody, just a word from me to tell you that our record Vantage Point is finished,” began Barman. “It was recorded in Antwerp in our brand new studio by the same name.

“I can’t wait to go on the road again,” he continued, stating that the band will tour intimate venues across Europe’s big cities in April and May before heading on to the summer festivals and then a “more extensive” set of dates in the autumn.

“Vantage Point was produced by Dave McCracken and mixed by Joe Hirst. Two young but experienced Englishmen who never stopped working until they got it right. I think they like the Belgian food too.

“Only problem was, Dave beat me at playing pool and made me lose a lot of money. I’m never gonna work with him again,” proclaimed a clearly distraught Barman.

The line-up is the same as it was on the last tour, apparently, with the benefit being that the band sound “like a damn tight outfit… some songs are loud and groovy, others… are as melody-driven as you’ve ever heard us… We experimented a lot with the voices so expect some fucked up Gregorian chants over Stef’s and Alan’s rhythm-section.”

Expect the fucked up at a London live date, scheduled for the Scala in Kings Cross on the 16th of April.
    From Drowned In Sound
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Default Re: The Knife and Elbow guest on new dEUS album

best thing ... "the album also boasts guest vocal contributions from ... Karin Dreijer Andersson of The Knife."

Well at least we know Karin is active again...maybe we'll see some The Knife tour dates soon?

No biggie. I don't even like her voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

That IS exciting. dEUS are awesome; seen them live a few times and they always deliver. "Instant Street" is a classic. Can't wait to hear the song with Guy Garvey on it!
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

I'm very excited and have been waiting on dEUS' (awesome band indeed!) Vantage Point.

dEUS' Pocket Revolution is one of my very best albums of 2005.
    Last edited by idrive1life; 02-27-2008 at 03:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    It's time to get rid of wknd 1.

EVERYBODY PUT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING HANDS IN THE AIR!!!

Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

I just saw the video of the single Slow. Very promising.

I can't wait for the new album and it is good to hear that it this soon after Pocket Revolution.

To bad most of the concerts near my place are already sold out. Maybe another good reason to go to Werchter.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by noisemachine View Post
    Well at least we know Karin is active again...maybe we'll see some The Knife tour dates soon?
    How does this in any way possibly imply that we'll see tourdates soon?

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    How does this in any way possibly imply that we'll see tourdates soon?
    He's probably referring to her taking extended time off while having a baby. Since she's apparently working again, The Knife may soon become active again...thus the possibility of a tour is raised.
    07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Quote Originally Posted by TonyWonder View Post
    He's probably referring to her taking extended time off while having a baby. Since she's apparently working again, The Knife may soon become active again...thus the possibility of a tour is raised.
    Correct.

Coachella Junkie

I can see what you're saying from that point of view, but that approach doesn't work with every artist. The Knife very rarely tours, to my knowledge they've only done a few dozen gigs ever, and that was two years ago. In my opinion, the only way to raise speculation of them touring is for them to come straightforward and say "we're touring soon".