Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 735

Thread: CUT//COPY

  1. #31

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Just thought I'd bump this one...I can't get enough of these guys! I was listening to both their albums non stop yesterday and I am SOOO excited to see these guys.

    Here is another awesome remix of Lights and Music...my favorite one so far. Check them out!!!

    Cut Copy - Lights and Music (Boys Noise Remix)

    Most of their songs posted on myspace are from their new album:

    Cut///Copy
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post

    You fucking napster generation dipshits don't have a clue.
    >>>acquiescetomusic<<<

  2. #32
    Member send me ctrpllrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    I really like In Ghost Colours. Should be a fun show.

  3. #33
    Barbara, the ninja
    Guest

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    I like Bright Like Neon Love more than their new one, but both are on repeat for me.

  4. #34
    Member Psicosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    338

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Saw them on Saturday at the V Festival in Melbourne and they killed it. Really looking forward to seeing them at Coachella.
    Up Next: Cobra Starship, Gogol Bordello, Talib Kweli & Jean Grae

  5. #35
    old school MassiveChemicalPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of God
    Posts
    3,235

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    HOT CHIP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CUT COPY

    but, i have to say the new CutCopy album is really damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

  6. #36
    Member Beef Jerky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    I just heard them the other day too. This is what I love about Coachella.
    Discovering awesome new music

  7. #37
    Member TonyWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    I just have to say that I like the new album a lot. It's just as good as the first.
    07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

  8. #38
    Member lawbstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CalifornI-A
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Quote Originally Posted by send me ctrpllrs View Post
    I really like In Ghost Colours. Should be a fun show.
    OH HELL YA

  9. #39
    Member TonyWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    OK, I've changed my mind...after repeated listens, In Ghost Colors is emerging as obviously superior to Bright Like Neon Love.
    07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

  10. #40
    Member digitalface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    511

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Okay, does anyone else feel that this band is just rehashing -albeit informed by house- the same parts of electronic Britpop sounds that were even corny back in the 80's? The better new bands that borrow this heavily from retro sounds are at least cheeky about it. This stuff just reeks of a lack of inspiration. It's pleasant and all, I guess, but it's missing the spark that made bands like Depeche Mode legendary and classic house producers so much fun. Some of their tracks might make some dancefloor magic if tweaked a bit, but they'll need to lose a lot of these inane lyrics. This is a nice band. Nice, but unfortunately... forgettable.

  11. #41
    Member Foucault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Trans-California
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalface View Post
    Okay, does anyone else feel that this band is just rehashing -albeit informed by house- the same parts of electronic Britpop sounds that were even corny back in the 80's? The better new bands that borrow this heavily from retro sounds are at least cheeky about it. This stuff just reeks of a lack of inspiration. It's pleasant and all, I guess, but it's missing the spark that made bands like Depeche Mode legendary and classic house producers so much fun. Some of their tracks might make some dancefloor magic if tweaked a bit, but they'll need to lose a lot of these inane lyrics. This is a nice band. Nice, but unfortunately... forgettable.
    Yes, there is some rehashing, but mostly early 80s: The Fixx, Simple Minds (pre-popular), Spandau Ballet (pre-"True"), Duran Duran (first album), New Order, and so on and so forth. My thought on the rehash thing is that if a particular genre was never fully worked out, never fully appreciated, why not give it a second try? A lot of 60s bands 'rehashed' 1920s blues, but that didn't make the music any less compelling or worthwhile. So, here's to Cut Copy doing an awesome and, in fact, better version of what originally was!

  12. #42
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    8,198

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Quote Originally Posted by Foucault View Post
    Yes, there is some rehashing, but mostly early 80s: The Fixx, Simple Minds (pre-popular), Spandau Ballet (pre-"True"), Duran Duran (first album), New Order, and so on and so forth. My thought on the rehash thing is that if a particular genre was never fully worked out, never fully appreciated, why not give it a second try? A lot of 60s bands 'rehashed' 1920s blues, but that didn't make the music any less compelling or worthwhile. So, here's to Cut Copy doing an awesome and, in fact, better version of what originally was!
    You're darn tootin...I've got a double header to see Goldfrapp and then Cut//Copy w/ Simian Mobile Disco in SF on the 26th of April and it is going to be hot on those dance floors.
    4/11 Chela / Classixx @ The Independent
    4/14 MSMR / Jagwar Ma @ The Fillmore
    4/18 Disclosure @ The Greek Theater
    4/18 Flight Facilities @ The Mezzanine
    5/13 Broods @ The Independent
    5/30 Goldroom @ The Independent
    6/07 Jungle @ The Independent
    7/02 EMA @ The Independent
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5

  13. #43
    Member Foucault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Trans-California
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    You're darn tootin...I've got a double header to see Goldfrapp and then Cut//Copy w/ Simian Mobile Disco in SF on the 26th of April and it is going to be hot on those dance floors.
    If I wasn't going to Coach, I'd be doing the "Bay Area" Coach too -- so many good acts coming through town!

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    L.A., Chicago, North Carolina, Virginia Beach, Central cali, Oregon, L.A.
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    man this show is off the heezy

  15. #45

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Quote Originally Posted by Foucault View Post
    Yes, there is some rehashing, but mostly early 80s: The Fixx, Simple Minds (pre-popular), Spandau Ballet (pre-"True"), Duran Duran (first album), New Order, and so on and so forth. My thought on the rehash thing is that if a particular genre was never fully worked out, never fully appreciated, why not give it a second try? A lot of 60s bands 'rehashed' 1920s blues, but that didn't make the music any less compelling or worthwhile. So, here's to Cut Copy doing an awesome and, in fact, better version of what originally was!
    I like the new one better then the first... on track Nobody Lost, Nobody Found I'm hearing 84/85 Bryan Ferry vocals all over it

  16. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    L.A., Chicago, North Carolina, Virginia Beach, Central cali, Oregon, L.A.
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    are these guys even good?

  17. #47

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Quote Originally Posted by cr8vbeats View Post
    are these guys even good?
    yes especially if you grew up on good 80's electro-new wave

  18. #48

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Cut Copy's great. They'll be one of the best sets on Friday.

    I do agree on some of the lyrics being corny, but that's all part of the fun. For me it's more about the rythm of the music than the words being sung.

    In Ghost Colours is a great album. not sure it's better than Bright Like Neon Love, but definately on par.

  19. #49

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    they are pretty damn great live. I've seen them 5 times, and were pretty amazing in all of them.

  20. #50
    Member DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Oh hello there. Bump.

    New Cut Copy track "Where I'm Going" is up for free download on Cut Copy's site: http://www.cutcopy.net/

  21. #51
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Good bump.

    Bring em back for 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  22. #52
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,643

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Agreed. I'm digging the new single and In Ghost Colours is one of my all time favorite albums. I need to see this band.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  23. #53
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    wow that song was boring. What the hell happened?
    The White Stripes 9/18

  24. #54
    Member DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    wow that song was boring. What the hell happened?

    Really? It's a good summer jam. Looks like they're looking for an audience participatory "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!"

    Also, they're mixing their 3rd album this August...so Cut Copy for 2011 is looking very possible.

  25. #55
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,188

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    I've decided there needs to be at least 5 bands/acts I really, really, need to see at Coachella 2011 to get me to go there, and Cut Copy is definitely one of them. Their Windish Agency page says that they'll be doing a headlining tour in 2011, so I wouldn't doubt that they will be making a few festival appearances.

    PS DFrank I'll be at Vessel next week too!

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  26. #56
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    This so needs to happen. I just decided to go back and listen to a couple of tracks from Bright Like Neon Love and became excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  27. #57
    Member DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,454

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I've decided there needs to be at least 5 bands/acts I really, really, need to see at Coachella 2011 to get me to go there, and Cut Copy is definitely one of them. Their Windish Agency page says that they'll be doing a headlining tour in 2011, so I wouldn't doubt that they will be making a few festival appearances.

    PS DFrank I'll be at Vessel next week too!
    Yeaaahhh! A new cut copy album can only mean a Coachella appearance for 11'.

    Checking out Digitalism is in the air at this point...hopefully i can make it.

  28. #58
    Member Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LA & Vancouver
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    Cut Copy 2011 has to happen, one of the few bands I absolutely adore that I haven't seen yet!

  29. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    west la
    Posts
    1,529

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    cut copy was awesome last year at nokia live
    Upcoming Shows: Updated

  30. #60

    Default Re: CUT//COPY

    They were great at Lolla this year.

Similar Threads

  1. Good Copy Bad Copy (download this documentary)
    By dorkfish in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 06:23 AM
  2. how can i get a hard copy of my ticket?
    By jgd855 in forum Passes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •