Page 1 of 25 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CUT//COPY

Hybrid View

Default CUT//COPY

I just discovered this guys...and I am soooo excited to see them perform live! Their album Bright Like Neon Lights = AWESOME.

Check out this remix of their recently released Lights and Music (be prepared to dance/rock out/flail uncontrollably):

Cut///Copy

Default Re: CUT//COPY

there's a thread on Cut copy here:

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...hlight=cutters

I suppose we can let that one die though, as yours is named more appropriately. Thanks for the Lights & Music remix link. sounds good.

if you really want to get your blood pumpin' DL this mix they put together.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6323046640ca06/

and check out the Spinner article on the new album:

http://www.spinner.com/2008/02/07/spinner-rpm-cut-copy/
    what?

thank you both for the links, Ive been looking forward to their set since I saw they were on the line up. However, I will be fanboy #1 for boys noize and have no problem with that. See you there!
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Yes! Anyone and everyone,please check these guys out. They were excellent and one of my highlights when they performed at Coachella 06'.

Quote Originally Posted by JBird View Post
    Yes! Anyone and everyone,please check these guys out. They were excellent and one of my highlights when they performed at Coachella 06'.

I think you're thinking of Coldcut.
    what?

I too, randomly bought Bright Like Neon Love a while back and like it a lot. It's very warm and reminds me of all sorts of good stuff like New Order, Daft Punk, even the Pixies. Saturdays is excellent. I'll be checking out their new album and their show at Coachella.

06/30 Jack White - L'Olympia
    07/01 Slow Magic - Le Batofar
    07/29 Boris - The Mohawk
    08/31 Little Dragon - The Moody Theater
    10/03 Shonen Knife - Red 7
    09/12 GvsB IV w/Panda Bear, SOPHIE, DOSS, Ejecta - Granada Theater
    11/7,8,9 Fun Fun Fun - Auditorium Shores
    11/12 The Horrors - The Parish
    11/23 Caribou, Jessy Lanza - The Mohawk

07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Anyone else check out their show at The Echo last night? it was a bitch getting in if you didn't already have tickets, but I was able to get myself thru the doors.

I caught about the last 15 minutes of the opener, Walter Mego? they were pretty dope. Cut copy was great as well, but they played a set equal to the length they'd get at Coachella so I almost wished I saved my money.

I have to say though, the after party fucking rocked! those boys can spin. It would be great if they could also perform a DJ set in the dome or somewhere on Friday. I am almost inclined to say their DJ set is greater than their live performance. Both are great however.

Quote Originally Posted by JBird View Post

I agree, that's when I first discovered them and they were badass

i bought bright like neon love randomly last year and loved it. i'm totally looking forward to seeing them.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Thanks for the show response i wanted to go last night so bad but couldnt make it i hope they play a dj set at coachella.
    Coachella is better than Christmas

The show last night as awesome. Walter Meego was amazing (too bad they're not half as good on record as they are live), and Cut Copy played a great set, although like KungFuJoe said, I wish it had been a little longer. When they said they were playing their last song I almost thought they were kidding due to how short their set was.

Didn't make it to the afterparty, but I wish I had. Would've loved to see The Juan Maclean spin.

Quote Originally Posted by dnham View Post
    I just discovered this guys...and I am soooo excited to see them perform live! Their album Bright Like Neon Lights = AWESOME.

Check out this remix of their recently released Lights and Music (be prepared to dance/rock out/flail uncontrollably):

Cut///Copy
    Yes CUT//COPY are good... I read a while back that they were recording the follow up to Bright Like Neon Lights but I have not seen or heard anything yet

Smile Re: CUT//COPY

yes is probably one of the best indie rock/dance acts that there is right now they also have a fabric live dj set wich is awesome, been checking them out like a year and a half ago, i Dj sometimes and always play some cut copy on my set, look for the song future remixed by chromeo its a very good one

the new album "In Ghost Colours" will be available in the U.S. April 8th. March 22 in Australia. this is the follow up to "Bright Like Neon Love".

the new single "Lights & Music" is already out. Also, new tracks "So Haunted" & "Hearts on Fire" have been out for a while.

don't sleep on their most recent mix tape either - http://www.zshare.net/audio/6323046640ca06/

it features Aphex Twin & Fleetwood Mac for christs sake!

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    the new album "In Ghost Colours" will be available in the U.S. April 8th. March 22 in Australia. this is the follow up to "Bright Like Neon Love".

the new single "Lights & Music" is already out. Also, new tracks "So Haunted" & "Hearts on Fire" have been out for a while.

don't sleep on their most recent mix tape either - http://www.zshare.net/audio/6323046640ca06/

it features Aphex Twin & Fleetwood Mac for christs sake!
    Thanks

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jazzz View Post
    Yes CUT//COPY are good... I read a while back that they were recording the follow up to Bright Like Neon Lights but I have not seen or heard anything yet
    Well, I agree with you. CUT/COPY are good is some way. Before do this, Check-out the whole album, Where you need do this.

This still doesn't make sense to me, although I accept it's not happening. If GV can book Hot Chip every time they release an album, why not Cut Copy? So bummed.

o yeah, i wonder when the new presets album comes out too....
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

i believe the new Presets album "Apocalypso" drops in Australia on April 8th. You can preorder now from their websit & get a free scarf with it.

I'm going to wait for the U.S. release which is May 13th, because the import is mad expen$ive.

I am not going to Coachella, but I am going to see Goldfrapp and Cut Copy in the same night in San Francisco.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine

i feel they could've done a much better job putting this video together, because I'm sure they had much more footage, but oh well ... here's a glimpse into Cut Copy's day in L.A., at the Echo & afterparty.

Talking Re: CUT//COPY

I am excited to see them....
    Upcoming Shows

Budgetchella Here I come!

wish I could've been in NY this monday. these videos make me feel like i was there. i am grateful

Last edited by KungFuJoe; 03-18-2008 at 02:33 AM.

Modular Records can do no wrong!

listen to the whole new album on their myspace now.

http://www.myspace.com/cutcopy

it's so great.

I'm really excited to see these guys. I'm loving the new album.

A better look at the L.A. show

really?/

In Ghost Colors = Awesome

Similar thoughts?

P.S. Check out the Cut Copy - Lights and Music Boys Noize remix...it is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post

You fucking napster generation dipshits don't have a clue.
    >>>acquiescetomusic<<<

the new album is really great - LOOK FOR IT