Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moby Live? Roni Size live?

Default Moby Live? Roni Size live?

Are either of these live?

Roni Size is likely a live set but come on Moby. If he plays live i'd be pretty stoked.

COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Default Re: Moby Live? Roni Size live?

Moby is DJ set, sorry. I feel the same way.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    Moby is DJ set, sorry. I feel the same way.
    I figured as much, really disappointed on this one as it is like 90% likely
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Moby is a lazy dude, plays mills of dj sets

Yep I was hoping for a live moby set, but I guess that would have put him higher up on the poster. I checked his twitter, and he posted that he was excited to do a dj set for Coachella. Still awesome though

Here's a screenshot of it if you care. Or you can just check his twitter
    moby.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedesert View Post
    Moby is a lazy dude, plays mills of dj sets
    Yeah but I wonder if GV and other promoters even try to push him to do a live set
    COACHELLA 2014

His DJ sets are all fucking cheesy electro house, he really pissed me off at the 20th anniversary Lizard Lounge gig in Dallas. Was expecting him to play all old school rave tunage given the fact that he played there 20 years ago yet all he did was electro house and even threw a working CDJ in the crowd lol

So, if Roni Size is live, will it be Roni Size Reprazent? Is there another degree of "live" he does? Either way, I was amazed to see his name on this lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    His DJ sets are all fucking cheesy electro house, he really pissed me off at the 20th anniversary Lizard Lounge gig in Dallas. Was expecting him to play all old school rave tunage given the fact that he played there 20 years ago yet all he did was electro house and even threw a working CDJ in the crowd lol
    Yeah I've only seen his DJ sets and they suck dick. I want to see a live set but since 06 I don't think i've seen him booked with a live set...

Why the fuck can't Moby and Groove Armada just do live sets god dammit
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by OddZilla View Post
    So, if Roni Size is live, will it be Roni Size Reprazent? Is there another degree of "live" he does? Either way, I was amazed to see his name on this lineup.
    Roni Size live is a full band, usually he has Reprazent but if not he has Dynamite MC
    COACHELLA 2014

I think he could play the techno if he wanted too ....there is still a chance he could kill it

Strange, I saw him at EDC a few years ago and he played a whole slew of old school tracks. We'll have to wait and see I guess. It's his first time there since the first Coachella right?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i doubt reprazent would want to come back after the lackluster crowd from when they were last hear while everyone watched PVC pipes and flags. such a shame that conflict was as reprazent killed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i doubt reprazent would want to come back after the lackluster crowd from when they were last hear while everyone watched PVC pipes and flags. such a shame that conflict was as reprazent killed it.
    They had Roni Size up against Etienne? Fucking brutal. I can't wait for this. One of the biggest surprises to me on the lineup.

Biggest mistake of my Coachella arguably was watching EDC instead of Mista Size
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    They had Roni Size up against Etienne? Fucking brutal. I can't wait for this. One of the biggest surprises to me on the lineup.
    yep. seemed like a no brainer choice to me. a live DNB band reuniting or sheets with lights on theM?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    Biggest mistake of my Coachella arguably was watching EDC instead of Mista Size
    change your screenname! fail!

Aren't Moby's DJ sets rather good? I've heard he is solid. Someone enlighten me.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 01-25-2013 at 09:11 AM.

change your screenname! fail!
    It's like the superbowl field goal kick that gets shanked right... it will haunt you forever.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Aren't Moby's DJ sets rather good? I've heard he is rather solid. Someone enlighten me.
    Meh they are nothing special; however, if he did a live set and he played all of his jams from throughout the years that is something he does not do on a DJ set and that would be awesome.
    COACHELLA 2014

what was the last roni size/reprazent good tune?

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

I'm sure Roni will be live. Which works for me.

I saw Moby do a live show in Amsterdam in 2011 and it was great, but to be honest I would prefer a DJ set at Coachella. It would serve the mood I want to enjoy much better than a live set. To bad he can't do both on different days. But that would be a great deal of work.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by artisticcreator View Post
    I'm sure Roni will be live. Which works for me.

I saw Moby do a live show in Amsterdam in 2011 and it was great, but to be honest I would prefer a DJ set at Coachella. It would serve the mood I want to enjoy much better than a live set. To bad he can't do both on different days. But that would be a great deal of work.
    What?? You would rather him do a DJ set than live set because of the mood?
    COACHELLA 2014

Woops sorry it double posted
    COACHELLA 2014

Pardon my ignorance, but is there any supporting evidence for Roni Size live over DJ set? Does he just not DJ anymore? I know he recently did a live band show with the Joker ... I just want to make sure I have my info straight before I spread it around.

he pretty much never been "just a dj". he's into live vocals, live instruments, and with reprazent, even live drum & bass with drums & a double stand-up bass. that's what made him so famous.

[Double Post, whoops.]
    Last edited by OddZilla; 01-25-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OddZilla View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but is there any supporting evidence for Roni Size live over DJ set? Does he just not DJ anymore? I know he recently did a live band show with the Joker ... I just want to make sure I have my info straight before I spread it around.
    It's more "likely" to be a live band but he still does DJ sets and he could still do a DJ set usually for music festivals he goes all out, but we'll see.
    COACHELLA 2014

FWIW, Consequence of Sound posted an article a little bit ago that stated Moby would be bringing his full band. I don't know how reliable this is, especially considering what he posted on his twitter, but figured it was worth mentioning. Either way I am stoked for both his and Roni's sets.

Quote Originally Posted by CoS Article
    This wonít be your average Moby DJ set. Instead, the Brooklyn-turned-Hollywood resident will be stringing along his full band. Thatís a good thing for two reasons: One, itís been two years since he released Destroyed, which means heís bound to have some new material. And two, after reigning champ at Moogfest 2011, thereís no reason to think he wonít bring the gloves to Indio.
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...one-day-later/
    .:07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.1, 13.1:.

Wow I'm glad I saw moby post that it was a dj set on twitter before I saw that CoS article, I would have been so built up and then crushed haha

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    That's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by scole11 View Post
    FWIW, Consequence of Sound posted an article a little bit ago that stated Moby would be bringing his full band. I don't know how reliable this is, especially considering what he posted on his twitter, but figured it was worth mentioning. Either way I am stoked for both his and Roni's sets.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...one-day-later/
    Did they remove the Moby part?
    COACHELLA 2014