Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why MBV is not playing Coachella...

Default Why MBV is not playing Coachella...

http://www.nme.com/news/my-bloody-valentine/34384

Article is from NME, so who knows if it's worth anything, but it does quote Paul Tollett. Also (in my mind), hints that MBV will be at All Points West.

Default Re: Why MBV is not playing Coachella...

funny how they list verve as a headliner
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

FUCK. why does APW get everything. that is a really obvious hint by the way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

oh SHOCKER.

A BAND decision.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveChemicalPunk View Post
    FUCK. why does APW get everything. that is a really obvious hint by the way...
    Although I agree that it is a nice hint at APW, I wouldn't say APW gets everything considering the lineup hasn't even been announced.

Psychic Friend: At least it may quiet down the conspiracy theorists who believe that GV is trying to push bands like My Bloody Valentine towards All Points West instead of Coachella so they can make a big splash with the initial lineup. I don't think anyone regards this article as "shocking" by any stretch of the imagination.

nobody believes me when i talk so why does it matter?

fact: we can't force a band to re-route or change their plans for us or be ready earlier or not have kids or not have plastic surgery or tell their mom not to die or get out of rehab early or whatever the million possible reasons they might have for not being in indio, ca in april of any given year.

Haha! The plastic surgery one is for Robert Plant isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by mandelbaum View Post
    Although I agree that it is a nice hint at APW, I wouldn't say APW gets everything considering the lineup hasn't even been announced.

Psychic Friend: At least it may quiet down the conspiracy theorists who believe that GV is trying to push bands like My Bloody Valentine towards All Points West instead of Coachella so they can make a big splash with the initial lineup. I don't think anyone regards this article as "shocking" by any stretch of the imagination.
    GET OVER IT WHO CARES, ITS JUST ONE BAND.

Oh and the logistics for MBV at APW is a tough one, check their tour schedule and match it with APW. Yes, they will magically fly a red eye to get here and play right?

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post

Oh and the logistics for MBV at APW is a tough one, check their tour schedule and match it with APW. Yes, they will magically fly a red eye to get here and play right?
    Not sure if this is directed at me or not. Personally, I don't care if MBV plays Coachella. I wouldn't mind seeing them, but I never really listened to them years ago so I'm pretty indifferent. And I just looked at MBV's dates, and yeah, doesn't look like APW is in the cards. I only pointed this article out because I get sick of reading posts from people that think that GV is spending all their money on APW or Stagecoach instead of Coachella like it is one big pot of money. Or GV is directing certain bands (i.e., Radiohead and MBV) to All Points West instead of Coachella. I, for one, don't believe any of that nonsense and understand that all these events are singular in nature and have their own operating budgets. And, bands don't route tours simply to play Coachella.

Kevin Shields is some chancer. 'Too early' my arse. What has he been doing for the last 10yrs ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Between posts like these and your unique avitar, I get the feeling that being the moderator of this board insn't as gratifiying as you'd like it to be. Perhaps "All Points West" is looking for someone to run their message board? Just think of all the Radiohead threads there will be.......

fact: we can't force a band to re-route or change their plans for us or be ready earlier or not have kids or not have plastic surgery or tell their mom not to die or get out of rehab early or whatever the million possible reasons they might have for not being in indio, ca in april of any given year.
    What about blackmail?

"If you don't play our festival, you will be blacklisted from all out venues and you'll have to play a shitty live nation venue when in LA, which means a pitiful turnout unless you're someone like Radiohead because they can't promote worth a damn! MUAHAHA!" *twirls mustache and puts on black hat*

Okay, maybe not.

LOL...plastic surgery. Kevin Shields wants bigger tits? Whose mom died, besides Kanye's?

I wonder if Kevin Shields would get his shit together if he got thrown over a hotel balcony like Suge Knight did to Vanilla Ice.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Between posts like these and your unique avitar, I get the feeling that being the moderator of this board insn't as gratifiying as you'd like it to be. Perhaps "All Points West" is looking for someone to run their message board? Just think of all the Radiohead threads there will be.......
    Given that PF is the moderator for both Coachella and Stagecoach, I wouldn't be surprised if she is also ALREADY the mod for APW's yet-to-come-into-being forum, and a small fraction of her aggravations on this board are the result of not only dealing with all of the Coachella/Stagecoach crap, but also having to get a third board and website up and running.

All this is to say: cut Dani some slack; she works hard for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Does the Stagecoach board have any aliases running around?
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

just some trolls from here

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    funny how they list verve as a headliner
    yeah and they are right

we can't force a band to re-route or change their plans for us or be ready earlier or not have kids or not have plastic surgery or tell their mom not to die or get out of rehab early or whatever the million possible reasons they might have for not being in indio, ca in april of any given year.
    ...yet

i do

Yeah, My Bloody Valentine not playing is Kevin Shields' fault, not Goldenvoice's. A lot of times it is the band's mean decision and not gv's, probably more often than not for the bigger names*. The problem is that it is easier to take your disappointment/frustrations out on a somewhat faceless company than a band you love, hence the scapegoating. It's irrational and pretty stupid. It's human. After all. Doesn't make it right, but you know what I mean.

I guess the fair thing to do is balance out all the negativity most of us have put out. This usually happens during the off-months when we are bored and have nothing to talk about but our fondest Coachella memories, but we should probably make an effort to start focusing on the positive now. PORTISHEAD AND ROGER WATERS! w00t. Like so.

Now that my fears have been confirmed, I find myself skipping My Bloody Valentine whenever they pop up on iTunes.

* = It's official that MBV, The Smiths, The Knife have been invited to perform at some point, but they turned down said invites. Someone on here claimed that R.E.M. wasn't invited this year, though, but that could be false. But Final Fantasy wasn't invited, according to Mr. Pallett himself. I had my friend ask Asobi Seksu on myspace if they were going to play after the SXSW lineup was announced because I didn't want to keep bugging them (recently asked about vinyl, new album, tour, other silly stuff) and he said they said they had not been asked. Oh, and Daft Punk turned down invitations every single year until 2006.
    Last edited by Boourns; 02-15-2008 at 09:06 PM.

The fact that FF and Asobi haven't even been approached by GV for Coachella just fucking sickens me. Slightly Stoopid? God, what the hell.

What label is Slightly Stoopid on? The only logical explanation I can come up with is they are a mandatory part of a package deal, like how Uffie is probably part of a Ed Banger party package.

now does this all relate to one artist? they must be the most missunderstood soul in the universe...
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    What label is Slightly Stoopid on? The only logical explanation I can come up with is they are a mandatory part of a package deal, like how Uffie is probably part of a Ed Banger party package.
    Believe it or not... Slightly Stoopid are on their own record label. Stoopid Records.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post

This is funny because people were tripping out over Radiohead, who are also just one band and have never made a record as amazing as Loveless.

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    The fact that FF and Asobi haven't even been approached by GV for Coachella just fucking sickens me. Slightly Stoopid? God, what the hell.
    They're both good bands but there are far too many bands on that level for GV to ask them all.

And Slightly Stoopid - though I have no desire to see them - adds more sonic diversity than either Final Fantasy or Asobi Seksu would.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Has anyone else suggested that they might not be playing because they blow?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    They're both good bands but there are far too many bands on that level for GV to ask them all.

And Slightly Stoopid - though I have no desire to see them - adds more sonic diversity than either Final Fantasy or Asobi Seksu would.
    Worst post in the history of the internets. Sonic diversity? For starters, there is not a single band in the lineup this year that makes the same music as final fantasy or asobi seksu.

Creed and hannah montana would bring more "sonic diversity" than portishead and kraftwerk, hope they get replaced.

It's a shame that slightly stoopid already fulfilled the juggalo band affirmitive action quota because i was hoping for badfish or blaze to be added.
    Last edited by Boourns; 02-17-2008 at 05:03 PM.

you have a juggalo band affirmative action quota?
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

The government requires every festival to adhere to such requirements for the sake of sonic diversity and indie guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The government requires every festival to adhere to such requirements for the sake of sonic diversity and indie guilt.
    What would you do if Asobi Seksu was added to the line up of that festival where STP and Kid Rock are headlining?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.