Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "I think it was the second-fastest selling Coachella," Tollett said.

Default "I think it was the second-fastest selling Coachella," Tollett said.

Single-day Coachella fest tickets sold out

Single-day tickets for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival are no longer on sale - at least for now.
    Advertisement

Paul Tollett, president of Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice, said individual tickets for the three-day event - slated for April 25-27 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio - were cut off at 6 p.m. Saturday.

"I think it was the second-fastest selling Coachella," Tollett said.

He added, however, that "last year was kind of crazy" with headliners like Rage Against the Machine and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. This year's headliners include Jack Johnson, Portishead and Roger Waters.

Tollett, who pioneered regional music festivals with the first Coachella in 1999, said they cut off the tickets to try to keep the crowd around the same size as last year, which was about 60,000 people per a day.

"We gave people a whole day to get single day tickets Friday and a half-day Saturday," Tollett said. "Now the three-day passes are available. They didn't (sell out) all at the same time. One sold out, then the other and then the third. Now all three are sold out."

However, Tollett said anything could happen between now and the festival's kick-off.

"I want people to have a good time," Tollett said. We have 90 days still to ensure that it's super memorable.

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dl...5/-1/newsfront

Default Re: "I think it was the second-fastest selling Coachella," Tollett said.

hmmm, interesting.

Default Re: "I think it was the second-fastest selling Coachella," Tollett said.

It seems really unbelievable to me that this year's tickets sold more quickly than 2004 or 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakewc151 View Post
    Paul Tollett, president of Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice, said individual tickets for the three-day event - slated for April 25-27 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio - were cut off at 6 p.m. Saturday.
    "They didn't (sell out) all at the same time. One sold out, then the other and then the third. Now all three are sold out."
    I also don't understand how these two statements can both be true.

saturday
    sunday
    friday

IN THAT ORDER
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

This is a duplicate thread. Try the search button.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthrea...ght=desert+sun
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I also don't understand how these two statements can both be true.
    They can't.

As a journalism student I think these are weak quotes. He uses the qualifier "think". That covers his ass in the event that he’s BSing us and someone finds the actual numbers indicate this year was the second slowest selling year ever. Courtney also pointed out that his statements don't totally match up. How can you cut off single day ticket sales if they were already sold out earlier in the day?

Maybe I'm just too cynical but I have a hard time believing this. His job is to create a buzz and promote the concert. Nothing gets more attention than a crowd which is this case is announcing how quickly your tickets are selling.

well maybe they cut out the first wave of single day tickets? which doesn't make any sense..

I'm with you on this man
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    It seems really unbelievable to me that this year's tickets sold more quickly than 2004 or 2005.
    If you remember correctly, tickets for both those years didnt sell out until much closer to the date of the event. Yes even the mighty Radiohead year took a while to sell out. It just seems crazy because it was the first to do so in advance.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

"I want people to have a good time," Tollett said. We have 90 days still to ensure that it's super memorable.

I hear Radiohead has super memerable concerts. Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJesus28 View Post
    Paul Tollett do something!
    Daddy P! Help

idrive1life already quoted this in another thread. i still say it's complete bullshit, and tollett is really playing people for idiots saying something like that.

i'm not exactly sure what you're saying psychic friend.....are you SUPPORTING tollett's statement, backing it up? or what?

there's no way in hell the single day tickets sold out that fast unless they were EXTREMELY limited this year....in which case they should have just sold 3 day passes instead. why sell a tiny amount of single day passes, switch the acts on the fucking lineup around, and then come out and say it was the second fastest selling coachella???? that's so stupid.
    RESPEK

i was just pointing out some info.

your neutrality is killing me
    RESPEK

Perhaps you should just stop caring so much and accept that the tickets are selling really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Banned

It's pretty simple guys. Either believe GV's BS and buy the 3 day pass. Or do like myself and tell GV to go fuck themselves by not going to Coachella. Or if you decide you want to go last minute, then just go... you will find plenty of tickets outside of the festival for a good price. They also always have tickets at the gate without the ticketmaster fees. They even had tickets at the gate for Radiohead.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Perhaps you should just stop caring so much and accept that the tickets are selling really well.
    yeah, what with scalpers like you i'm sure they're flying off the shelves like hotcakes.
    RESPEK

right, just go into the thread where people were keeping track of the GA numbers on the tickets. It clearly shows that the tickets were selling well.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Angry Re: "I think it was the second-fastest selling Coachella," Tollett said.

Single-day Coachella fest tickets sold out

Tollett, who pioneered regional music festivals with the first Coachella in 1999, said they cut off the tickets to try to keep the crowd around the same size as last year, which was about 60,000 people per a day.

per a day? That just makes my brain hurt. Why can't it be PER DAY or A DAY?

...and if anyone is counting, (which I'm sure someone is) I just bought our camping tix and they were GA67 and GA68.
    tomato soup looks and tastes like vegetable menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's pretty simple guys. Either believe GV's BS and buy the 3 day pass. Or do like myself and tell GV to go fuck themselves by not going to Coachella.
    there really is only one loser in that equation. hi, loser!

if it sells out then you need to take a good long look in the mirror and repeat that "fuck you" with gusto.

Quote Originally Posted by Encaitare View Post
    ...and if anyone is counting, (which I'm sure someone is) I just bought our camping tix and they were GA67 and GA68.
    Last year camping tix sold out at GA30 on Feb 13th.
    Which leads me to the inevitable conclusion that GV has installed multi-level,"tenement" style camping this year to sell double or triple the tickets.I hope you don't have noisy upstairs neighbors!
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

hmm interesting breakjaw. I wonder if there will be more than one campsite like at stagecoach this year.

http://stagecoachfestival.com/visitors/onsite-camping
    The White Stripes 9/18

Oh dear God Randy, please don't tell me that's who I think it is in your fucking avatar...
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

It is.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

SO.... dose Goldenvocie think that we are all made of money and have all the time in the world that they could not wait at least 2 - 3 whole days befor they stopped selling single day tix?

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    hmm interesting breakjaw. I wonder if there will be more than one campsite like at stagecoach this year.

I saved this when the "onsite-lodging" section was accidentally posted with wrong info which is why its not up now and would be silly to post now so i wont.

http://disconformity.net/~joe/pics/08map.jpg
    Last edited by coldstart; 01-28-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

I think that they actually DID sell those tickets quickly...

Either way, I'm going to wager that some of the single day tickets will be held down till a bit closer to the festival. Have a little hope, in that respect.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post

"The entire Coachella 2008 onsite camping area is on one BEAUTIFUL LUSH GRASS field ADJACENT to the main entrance of the festival grounds"

one
    I'm a loner Dottie, a rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by fasttrack View Post
    "The entire Coachella 2008 onsite camping area is on one BEAUTIFUL LUSH GRASS field ADJACENT to the main entrance of the festival grounds"

one
    Two actually. See the map above.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

the faster the tickets sell out the better, if you want to go, buy some tickets before the unholy scalpers do