Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultra

Default Ultra

Hey everyone. I live in Orlando and am driving to Miami for the first time ever for Ultra this year with a big group of people. I have NEVER been to a big music festival(except for EarthDay Birthday when I was like 16) or a rave. I am nervous and would love to hear some feedback on past experiences with Ultra and advice. I can not afford Coachella this year. Since Ultra is held in Florida and that is where I live it is going to be cheaper then going to California. If I could have afforded it I probably would have chosen Coachella over Ultra. Because honestly, I haven't been in the "rave scene" in a long time and if it wasn't for all my friends going I wouldn't have thought to go Ultra. But I absolutely love the music, I am just nervous about the whole "strict body search" thing. The "mean crowds" really don't scare me, it can be that way anywhere, and I plan on being with my friends, not strangers. Although, if strangers are friendly and interesting I'd love to talk to them. I have done drugs in public plenty of times, but this is such an obvious drug event, and such a huge one, just wondering how that is. Advice appreciated, thanks!
    Nicole

Default Re: Ultra

I'm in Orlando too.
    I can't speak for Ultra, but I did go to Bang Music Festival in 2006 (held at the same place as Ultra).
    It's a nice place.

I stayed at a kinda gritty hotel. The front desk man was SMOKING a cigarette at the front desk, just to give an idea.
    But it served its purpose. Just needed a place to hold my belongings and grab a nap.

I'd imagine the ULTRA crowd may differ slightly from Bang, but at Bang the crowd was nice and all. Wasn't filled with assholes.

As far as the body search, once you get in, they do a simple pat down and metal detector (i think...i honestly can't remember if they did a little metal detector check...I think they did...).
    But no problems.
    If drugs is your thing, i guess, i wouldnt be too worried about sneaking it in.

Hell, some random guy asked me if I wanted some hash when I was watching Damian Marley (i said no thanks, fyi...weed..has..been there done that in high school).

But Ultra should be fun! Have a good time!

Banned

Ultra is Coachella withouth the Main Stage and all the Arts part of the festival. And all the tents have different genres of EDM. It's a good party if you've never been to a festival. But if you're over 21 and have some cash to spend, you'll have a much better time going to Miami clubs around the festival to see a specific DJ spinning for at least 3 hrs VS a condesed set at Ultra.

Ultra really isn't like coachella. But if you like EDM its great really. You get about an hour and a half sets from most artist. The best visuals(lcd screens, laser, fog that will cool you down, lights) you will see for EDM music and theres a lots of space for you to walk around.

what thelastmejia said.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    I'm in Orlando too.
    I can't speak for Ultra, but I did go to Bang Music Festival in 2006 (held at the same place as Ultra).
    It's a nice place.
    ultra is at bayfront park, which is next to where they had bang.....not the same venue....
    the first two ultra's were cool but it's become too trendy/mtv spring break for my taste.
    e

Quote Originally Posted by boredofcanada View Post
    ultra is at bayfront park, which is next to where they had bang.....not the same venue....
    the first two ultra's were cool but it's become too trendy/mtv spring break for my taste.
    e

Ultra is at Bi-Centennial Park not Bayfront anymore

Go the week before and enjoy the WMC parties. Many of them are cheap/free and with the same DJs who will be spinning at Ultra.

And stay away from Space.

This is the schedule for some of the shows during the WMC. It's not the last updated version, but you can have an idea about who will be there.

3/25: Nic Fanciulli @ TBA
    3/25: Fischerspooner @ Mansion
    3/25: Jody Wisternoff @ TBA
    3/25: Nick Warren @ TBA
    3/25: Simon & Shaker @ TBA
    3/25: Dirty South, Serge Devant, Faarsheed @ The Fifth

3/26: DJ Sneak, MastikSoul, 1200 Warriors, Bobby & Klein, Soydan, DJ Mes, Easily Influenced, Vaughan Lazar & Jason Wiggill @ Blue
    3/26: Danny Tenaglia @ Pawn Shop
    3/26: Erick Morillo @ Cameo
    3/26: Fred Everything, Amenti, Solid Tokyo, Lazy Days @ Beach Plaza Hotel
    3/26: Halo, Deep City Sessions @ Beach Plaza Hotel
    3/26: Lot49 Label Party w/ Meat Katie, etc @ The Laundry Bar
    3/26: Lust4guesthouse w/ Sneak, MastikSoul, etc @ Blue
    3/26: PURE BEHROUZ @ Mokai
    3/26: SAW Party w/ Satoshi Tomiie, Hector Romero, Lexicon Avenue, & Audiofly @ Shine
    3/26: Sci + Tec Recording Night w/ Nic Fancuilli, Dubfire, David Squilance, Behrouz @ Stereo
    3/26: Tocadisco @ TBA
    3/26 Craze : Bass Sessions V.2 Craze,ZTrip,Krafty Kuts,Stanton Warriors, Deekline & Wizard feat DJ Assault & Ivory,Killa Kela,DJ Assault,Scratch-D ,BabyAnne, etc

3/27: Erick Morillo, Thurs Morning @ Space
    3/27: Adam Freeland, Evil Nine, Alex Metric @ Bed
    3/27: Richie Hawtin @ Nocturnal Terrace
    3/27: Above & Beyone @ Nocturnal
    3/27: Get Physical w/ M.A.N.D.Y. @ Studio A
    3/27: Mind Control w/ Richie Santana & Peter Bailey @ Gem
    3/27: Steve Lawler @ Stereo
    3/27: Fedde Le Grand, Flamingo Night @ Set
    3/27: Ferry Corsten @ Space
    3/27: Fire Miami @ TBA - 10pm
    3/27: Green Velvet @ Set
    3/27: Hyde, Digital Mix Set @ TBA
    3/27: Jackal, Digital Mix Set @ TBA
    3/27: Juicy Beach w/ Benny Benassi, Starkillers (4PM-5PM), Robbie Rivera, Antoine Clamaran @ Nikki Beach
    3/27: Onionz @ Shelly
    3/27: PH Recordings Launch w/ Steve Porter @ TBA
    3/27: Victor Calderone @ Shelborne
    3/27: Wet Grooves Pool Party @ TBA - 12pm

3/28: Bob Sinclar @ Set
    3/28: Adam Beyer @ Bed
    3/28: Boris @ Stereo
    3/28: Pacha Ibiza w/ Sander Kleinenberg, David Morales, Frankie Knuckles and Axwell @ Shine (11AM a 11PM)
    3/28: ULTRA Music Festival Day 1
    3/28: Bodyrox, Antoine Clamaran, Eddie Thoneick - Mns2 @ Opium
    3/28: Future Sound of Breaks @ TBA flyer DJ Icey,Krafty Kuts& Dynamite MC,Freestylers,DJ Craze,Zinc vs Friction,Jackal + Hyde,Deekline + Wizard,Soundweapon/Fresh+MC Ivory,Hyper,Utah Saints,Ed Solo.Splitloop,BabyAnne,Scratch D - More tba
    3/28: Minimoo Party w/ David Squillace @ TBA
    3/28: One+One @ Studio A
    3/28: Paul van Dyk @ Space
    3/28: Slide Into Miami w/ Mike Monday, Hipp-E, Justin Martin, Etc @ Aquabooty Warehouse
    3/28: Techno Block Party by Teggno Records @ 700 block Lincoln - 12pm-10pm
    3/28: Wet Grooves Terrace Party @ TBA
    3/28: BBC Radio 1 Pool Party at the Surfcomber
    3/28: Fedde Le Grand, Todd Terry, Tom Novy, Mark Farina, Joey Negro, Bodyrox, Joe T. Vannelli, Kaskade, Martin Solveig, Brian Tappert, Jon Cutler, Johnny Fiasco, Outwork, George Morel, Jay-J, Jamie Lewis, Outwork, Ian Pooley, Tedd Patterson, Halo, John Julius Knight, Eddie Thoneick, DJ Heather, PA With Darryl D'Bonneau @ Opium
    3/28 Viram 2008 Drum and Bass Showcase Andy C, Goldie, Ed Rush, Optical, Subfocus, Xample, Hive, Teebee, John B, Evol Intent, Vicious Circle, Plastician, Joe Nice, Rob Paine,

3/29: Andy Caldwell @ The Beach Plaza Gardens
    3/29: Boris @ Surfcomber Hotel Pool
    3/29: Jonathon Peters @ Shelborne Hotel
    3/29: Swedish House Mafia w/ Axwell @ Set
    3/29: ULTRA Music Festival Day 2
    3/29: Yoshitoshi w/ Cedric Gervais @ Space
    3/29: Eddie Thoneick @ Stealth
    3/29: Jackal & Hyde, Contagious After Party @ TBA
    3/29: Menno de Jong @ TBA
    3/29: SOS Balance Release Party w/ Omid 16b & Desyn Masiello @ TBA
    3/29: Stonebridge @ Gryphon, Hollywood, FL
    3/29: Lee Burridge @ Pawn Shop
    3/29 Made Event presents Loco Dice and Marco Carola

3/30 : Beatport Pool Party @ The National Hotel (12PM-9PM)
    3/30: Sleaze w/ Cedric Gervais @ Mynt Lounge
    3/30: Circoloco w/ David Squillace @ TBA
    3/30: Little Mountain Recordings w/ Dan Sanders, Fine Taste, Patch Park, Matthew Dekay, Sander Kleinenberg @ Shine
    3/30 - We Love Techno WMC Edition Paco Osuna, Misstress Barbara, Adam Beyer, Lopera, Dsan Powell, Tomas QuiceƱo, Zbastian & more artist TBC

You can find the updated list here
    Last edited by orbit; 02-18-2008 at 06:54 PM.

MSTRKRFT, Benny Benassi, Boys Noize, Fischerspooner & friends @ Mansion...that sounds pretty damn awesome for $30

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    MSTRKRFT, Benny Benassi, Boys Noize, Fischerspooner & friends @ Mansion...that sounds pretty damn awesome for $30
    wow, that does sound fun.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Its a lot easier for me to take off time during the weekend, otherwise I would probably do the week before. But, I've never been to a festival, certainly nothing like this, so I want to go for that experience! I've been watching videos on you tube from Ultra, and I get goosebumps. I intend to do some snorkeling in Key Largo and check out South Beach while I'm there too.
    Faith No More-Massive Attack

never been to ultra, but if you're in doubt, put your stash in your underwear.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Finally going back to WMC this year after a 5 year absence. Yeah, I'll be eating Ramen for the 3 weeks between South Beach and Coachy, but it's worth every last noodle. South Beach is fucking electric during that week, and the parties are white hot.

If you can, don't hesitate.

i'm THIS close to scoring tickets!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Just take the strongest hallucinogen you can find and see Rabbit In The Moon and it'll all be worth it.

How come Coachella can't get Bunny, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

wanna trip for Moby too
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

I went the second year, when it was still on the actual beach. in the sand. when x was in full swing. it probably peaked then.
    I'm going to put your sidekick in my mojito.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    wanna trip for Moby too
    very good idea. I plan on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Just take the strongest hallucinogen you can find and see Rabbit In The Moon and it'll all be worth it.

How come Coachella can't get Bunny, huh?
    Oh, sorry..you said Coachella.. yeah, why can't they get him?

Quote Originally Posted by RAINBOWS View Post
    very good idea. I plan on it too.
    you seem like you reek of awesome, is this a fair assesment?

you seem like you reek of awesome, is this a fair assesment?
    haha that cracked me up. Well..I guess so. You'd have to ask my boyfriend..aphxtwinin.

you seem like your pretty awesome yourself, considering there are not too many people thinking about tripping for moby. MOBY IS AWESOME WHY THE HELL WOULDNT YOU??!!! My cat is named after him thats how awesome he is. hahaha

oh shit, thats really funny!

are you guys heading out to coachella?

edit: and how can i NOT trip for moby? i actually really wanna see crystal method and rabbit in the moon, im in no way familiar with any of their music but theyre supposed to be great, i'm an extreme novice at all this EDM
    Last edited by sbessiso; 03-25-2008 at 12:40 PM.

I remember before the Coachella line up was announced, that RitM was confirmed for Coachella, what happened. and musically there not that good, there a decent acts, but its all about the show they put on

oh shit, thats really funny!

are you guys heading out to coachella?

edit: and how can i NOT trip for moby? i actually really wanna see crystal method and rabbit in the moon, im in no way familiar with any of their music but theyre supposed to be great, i'm an extreme novice at all this EDM
    Of course we're going! Bought our tickets pre-sale. We went last year, and we told ourselves we'd be crazy to miss another Coachella.

trip for everything. just trip all day... i suggest taking whatever (im guessing your talking about rolling) maybe an hour to a half an hour before sunset. It gets waaaayyyy too hot during the day, and can get mighty expensive when it comes to refilling on water. Plus everything is tripper at night. heh Definitely during Rabbit in the Moon. Oh jesus..thats trippy sober. Crystal Method..havent had a good experience with them before, they were underwhelming last time i saw them at Ultra...maybe this year they will redeem themselves.

Ssbessio this is them from last year, they are awesome to catch at least for a lil while

wanna trip for Moby too
    If he played God Moving Over The Face Of The Water ever, I would take a ridiculous amount of e for his set just in hopes that it would be on there. I used to insist every time I was on ecstasy with friends that we all take an eight-minute break from everything to put that song on at absurd volume and all just sit with our eyes closed. You seriously feel like you're moving at least 20 mph.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNate View Post
    I went the second year, when it was still on the actual beach. in the sand. when x was in full swing. it probably peaked then.
    i also went to that.....that was the most out of control rave i have ever been to.....it was like a sardine can in there....all of collins was closed off and all you heard on the streets were ambulance sirens....thats why they moved it to downtown, commercialized it, and jacked up the prices....
    e

Man I almost went that year, but i decided against it cause I had to study like crazy that week

Where is everyone staying for Ultra? And what after parties is everyone going to? We have a hotel with a private beach, I'm guessing our hotel room will be our after party. Blowing doors Friday night....planning on taking it once we get in around 6 30. Tripping Saturday, but not sure when I'll make it out. Or when I'll sleep. As you all know I'm sure if there's an abundent amount of xtc floating around its bound to get eaten and sleeping is not a priority. We will see......Rabbit in the Moon show looks intense. It would be crazy for him to be in that huge ball right over your head.
    Faith No More-Massive Attack