Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2637

Thread: Breaking Bad

Default Re: Breaking Bad

you would
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

amy just wants to feel something again. even if its her crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Oh look it stopped snowing...

When am I going to be able to stop obsessing over this show? I even called vamanos pest.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

There are some obvious holes in this theory, but still pretty fascinating : http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/10/nor...-breaking-bad/
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    There are some obvious holes in this theory, but still pretty fascinating : http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/10/nor...-breaking-bad/
    The theory that it's all a dream the moment he finds those car keys in the visor has been all over the internet for days.
    If you're going to have a theory about a TV show it better be supported by more than convenient plot devices. The whole point of the show is that he was wicked smart, and sometimes TV heroes get lucky. big surprise.

Norm's complaint about the ricin is bogus though. A lethal dose is only a couple micrograms, about the amount of couple grains of salt, which could have been inserted into the packet through a small tear or some other way. The amount he appeared to have in that vial could have killed dozens if not hundreds of people.

I suppose in the end the finale is whatever you want it to be. If you choose to believe walt died (or was caught) behind the wheel of the car in NH then that's up to you. Nothing in the show proves or disproves it.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 10-02-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    If this is the case, the ending really was Taxi Driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Let's not forget, Norm MacDonald is a professor of television theory at Rutgers
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Jesse does say to Hank "He's smarter than you, and he's LUCKIER than you". Which has been true throughout the entire series. He gets himself into situations that he doesn't plan for, then somehow bumbles his way out of them.

It's an interesting theory, but broken up by the fact that there's no way he could have known Jesse was, in fact, imprisoned by the gang.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I like that theory. But I also think some family members (other than Hank) should have died. It pisses me off that he got away with this without any of his nuclear family getting killed. I DON'T WANT TO THINK OF WALT AS A GOOD GUY DAMNIT. HIS FAMILY DESERVES TO SUFFER FOR HIS ACTIONS, if only to make him feel awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I like that theory. But I also think some family members (other than Hank) should have died. It pisses me off that he got away with this without any of his nuclear family getting killed. I DON'T WANT TO THINK OF WALT AS A GOOD GUY DAMNIT. HIS FAMILY DESERVES TO SUFFER FOR HIS ACTIONS, if only to make him feel awful.
    Originally Vince wanted Jesse to die in the end of S1 and have the bad guy who did it get tortured by Walt in S2. During torturing this bad guy, Walt also was going to rig a trigger of a gun so that the bad guy could kill himself at anytime during the torture. After a few weeks of this and many body parts being hacked off this bad guy, Walt Jr. somehow stumbles across him and after the bad guy realizes it is Walt's son, he pulls the trigger when Jr. is in range to kill both of them in one shot.

Also, Vince originally wanted Walt to walk in on Skyler killing herself in Ozymandias when he comes home to pack the family's stuff.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Jesse does say to Hank "He's smarter than you, and he's LUCKIER than you". Which has been true throughout the entire series. He gets himself into situations that he doesn't plan for, then somehow bumbles his way out of them.

It's an interesting theory, but broken up by the fact that there's no way he could have known Jesse was, in fact, imprisoned by the gang.
    he knew the blue meth was on the streets. The only other guy who was ever capable of producing blue meth Jesse already shot.

We know that Jesse was actually being held hostage outside of Walt's dream though, and Walt did not. He knew that Jesse was alive and cookin' but nothing beyond that. If it was indeed a dream then his subconscious certainly got the facts completely right when he showed up to the Nazi compound.

That theory is alright but I think it kind of misses the point that Walt was just a super lucky motherfucker, in addition to being really intelligent, and that they wanted to end the show on a (relatively) positive note. He did outsmart nearly everyone over the course of the series, even if it meant destroying his family in the process, and I think that just continues in the finale.

Plus the dude built a meth empire from nothing but his own determination, I think he could have put ricin in a stevia packet without too much trouble.

Major jump in logic to assume that, because the blue meth is back, that Jesse is imprisoned by the nazis and being forced to cook.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    he knew the blue meth was on the streets. The only other guy who was ever capable of producing blue meth Jesse already shot.
    I don't remember, but was Walt ever aware of Jesse's woodbox making storyline? That segment wouldn't fit in with this theory of the finale being Walt's imaginative redemption...

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Major jump in logic to assume that, because the blue meth is back, that Jesse is imprisoned by the nazis and being forced to cook.
    not really, IMO for the reason I quoted, and if he knews Jesse is cooking it's a shorter leap to believe he's doing it against his will. If it were in his head it wouldn't be hard to make that leap, especially if he was harboring guilt.

DISCLAIMER: I don't believe the dream theory. just playing with it.

I don't remember, but was Walt ever aware of Jesse's woodbox making storyline? That segment wouldn't fit in with this theory of the finale being Walt's imaginative redemption...
    true. But even if the writers did intend it to be in Walt's head I don't know if they could resist tossing that in there. The episode was startlingly light on Jesse screentime for him being nearly half of the show to that point. ... which I suppose might be an argument for the dream theory.

if this was indeed a fabrication of Walt's mind couldn't he have mustered up some self fulfilling fantasy where he and Flynn patch things up and part on good terms? I dunno, this is a very big leap in logic. I mean, of all episode for some sick fantasy playing out uin Walt's head during 5O+ episodes I think it'd be cheating the audience out of a proper resolution to have the series finale just be a fantasy. Vince Gilligan is better than that. Some of Norm Mcdonald's tweets just seem like digs at the writing which has otherwise been superb.
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Yeah but he thought they were partners; he didn't know Jesse was a prisoner. Vince Gilligan stated that on both Talking Bad and on the Colbert interview on Monday.

It's sort of a fun theory to play with though.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Yeah, I just see the thought of Jesse being a prisoner is quite a leap in Walt's reasoning if it were so. Like Jen said, he thought they were partners, as that's the theory that makes the most sense for blue meth coming back if you don't know the whole story.

Yeah, I just see the thought of Jesse being a prisoner is quite a leap in Walt's reasoning if it were so. Like Jen said, he thought they were partners, as that's the theory that makes the most sense for blue meth coming back if you don't know the whole story.
    But let's remember Walt's last memories of Jesse: He was despondent and guilt-ridden and didn't seem to care about the money. He knew the nazis knew Jesse was working with the DEA (and they might have assumed the whole DEA knew), thus they were likely to torture him for info at worst, they couldn't let him simply run back to the DEA now that he'd seen all their faces. Walt didn't have any good faith with the nazis, certainly not enough to assume they'd strike an amiable partnership with Jesse It stands to reason that that the nazis could only do two things with him: Kill him or use him. In any case it was a very safe bet he was a prisoner if not already dead. It's completely out of Jesse's character to get in bed with the nazis willingly even if they trusted him to do so.

So existence blue meth suggested Jesse was alive and cooking, reason suggested he was being forced to do so.

The way I remember it, Walt's last encounter with Jesse more revolved around Jesse hating Walt to the point of spitting in his face (such hatred subsequently exacerbated by the fact that Walt subsequently told him about Jane and by the fact that Walt paid Nazis to kill him,) and then being terrified of the death that Walter was bringing down on him. If they offered him a chance to 1) live and 2) use Walt's formula to (the way Walt would see it) take credit for work that Jesse wasn't doing, I could see Walt being convinced Jesse would take it, both to save himself and to lessen Walt's legacy by removing the need for Walter as the producer. And, "Cook for us or we'll kill you," doesn't lead to prisoner in most instances, at least in the literal sense of the term. It still seems like quite a leap to me.

Wasn't Walt's last encounter with Jesse seeing him hiding under the car? At the point he'd finally come to terms with the fact that he'd lost any control he thought he had over the nazis and that they were out to overtake him/his money/everything?

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

The way I remember it, Walt's last encounter with Jesse more revolved around Jesse hating Walt to the point of spitting in his face (such hatred subsequently exacerbated by the fact that Walt subsequently told him about Jane and by the fact that Walt paid Nazis to kill him,) and then being terrified of the death that Walter was bringing down on him. If they offered him a chance to 1) live and 2) use Walt's formula to (the way Walt would see it) take credit for work that Jesse wasn't doing, I could see Walt being convinced Jesse would take it, both to save himself and to lessen Walt's legacy by removing the need for Walter as the producer. And, "Cook for us or we'll kill you," doesn't lead to prisoner in most instances, at least in the literal sense of the term. It still seems like quite a leap to me.
    ???? seriously? The MUCH bigger leap is that Jesse could somehow cook for the nazis by his own will (which is implied if you don't believe he was a "prisoner" in any sense of the word). After he saves his own life you think he's so grateful that he'll partner up with them because he wants to? The nazis would never cut him loose to make up his own mind, it's too risky for them, and Jesse would bolt instantly if they had.

"lessen Walt's legacy"? Why on earth would Jesse give a shit about that? Regardless of he believe's Walt's killed, the Heisenberg shit couldn't matter less to him.

Wasn't Walt's last encounter with Jesse seeing him hiding under the car? At the point he'd finally come to terms with the fact that he'd lost any control he thought he had over the nazis and that they were out to overtake him/his money/everything?
    yes that was the literal last memory Walt had of seeing him, but I'm referring to what Walt knew about him leading up to and including that moment. He never saw him die. He was a DEA snitch. He was in the hands of people that don't simply bargain with people who were with the DEA. Walt's control was irrelevant. It was the nazis control of hte situation that mattered
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 10-02-2013 at 04:00 PM.

I forgot why I stopped ever joining in arguments in which you participate. Look at what I wrote: Prisoner in the literal sense of the word. You reply to a completely different argument, prisoner in any sense of the word. And, I didn't say JESSE would care about the Heisenberg legacy, I said that Walt would view it in that way, because Walt is always Walt's biggest concern and the one thing he thinks about the most. At no point in my post did I say that was Jesse's line of thinking, but rather how Walt would view it.

I was glad to see all the bad guys (and Lydia) die, but it seemed wrapped up a bit too neatly. But then again, it does not beg for a sequel or leave too much unanswered, so it was satisfying in that way.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

The creator of the show has stated that Walt didn't know Jesse was being held prisoner, and that he wanted Jesse dead. Why is this still being argued?
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

By Olly Moss
    24 hour open edition (stops at 6am PST)

Random 1 for $12
    or
    set of 6 for $60
    http://ollymoss.bigcartel.com/

I forgot why I stopped ever joining in arguments in which you participate. Look at what I wrote: Prisoner in the literal sense of the word. You reply to a completely different argument, prisoner in any sense of the word. And, I didn't say JESSE would care about the Heisenberg legacy, I said that Walt would view it in that way, because Walt is always Walt's biggest concern and the one thing he thinks about the most. At no point in my post did I say that was Jesse's line of thinking, but rather how Walt would view it.
    christ you completely lose track of what you said and once then blame me for ruining a thread AGAIN. If you only knew how tedious that is. It's me who's making the mistake of assuming you are really reading your posts I'm responding to. In this particular case you mock my interpretation of what you said about Jesse immediately after saying this:
    If they offered him a chance to 1) live and 2) use Walt's formula to (the way Walt would see it) take credit for work that Jesse wasn't doing, I could see Walt being convinced Jesse would take it, both to save himself and to lessen Walt's legacy by removing the need for Walter as the producer.
    In what language does that not sound like Jesse is the subject of your sentence when saying "both to save himself and to lessen Walt's legacy..." Please read your own post again before jumping on me for misinterpreting.

And then you're completely obtuse with this "'Cook for us or we'll kill you,' doesn't lead to prisoner in most instances, at least in the literal sense of the term" while trying to argue that Walt likely assumed Jesse was cooking willingly. Does not follow. You can go ahead and keep assuming that was coherent but if you truly read the words instead of assuming what you wrote matches your thoughts you'll realize you're in trouble.

If he's a prisoner than what the fuck difference does it make? Whether he was tied up in a cellar or otherwise coerced via threats to his or anyone's safety. The point is he was making meth against his will, that is what Walt could have safely assumed. Whether that idea manifested itself as Jesse tied up in a ditch or Jesse living in constant threat of death, the point is Walt could assume Jesse was being forced to do it against his will (your preferred notion "prisoner" notwithstanding)

I'm not replying to a completely different argument. It just seems the words you're typing don't appear match the argument you think you're making.

Try not to forget your advice to yourself again I guess, starting now.

You guys need some excitement in real life.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."