Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 79808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2637

Thread: Breaking Bad

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Goddammit, why is xanman making good points today?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    So what was the deal with scene where Jesse is making the wood box?
    I think they were trying to make Jesse seem Christlike.

Haha, Lydia in an old Suede video:

9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Goddammit, why is xanman making good points today?
    It's been all over redidt for a week. Let's not give him too much credit.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I think a show about Saul managing a Cinnabon in Omaha and getting mixed up in local rackets would be amazing.
    This is way better than the prequel idea. Isn't the Midwest (Nebraska in particular) known to be a major drug running hub?
    Last edited by captncrzy; 09-30-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Not sure about Nebraska, but Missouri has problems with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

That's a big issue for Nebraska. My best friend's wife's parents are both public defenders in small town Nebraska and they say that's 90% of their work.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I cut trees in a little meat packing town called Schuyler Nebraska that was 90% Mexicans and everyone seemed twacked out of their minds. Sketchy hotels for 3 weeks until I got a horrible case of poison oak.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

The smokin blonde on Big Bang Theory said once in an episode that she "was from a small town in Nebraska outside of Omaha where there were beautiful farms and a lot of meth."

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    But do you think that would be a comfort to Walter Jr. at all? "Uncle Hank died while trying to arrest your dad, but hey, guess what? Your dad didn't pull the trigger, he just made it out of the situation alive due to a bunch of people who killed Hank and stole your dad's money. Oh, and your dad was working with them. But your dad didn't kill them."
    yes it's a huge difference. Walt Jr. currently believes that Walt literally murdered Hank. If he realized that Walt did not engineer the situation that eventually (and he DID NOT, Hank and Jesse did that) led to Hank's death, and that Walt did everything he could to save Hank's life after the events (beyond his control) were set in motion then yes that's a massive difference. If you don't accept that difference and insist that any reason that Hank's dead MUST be Walt's fault the moment he started making meth then there's no point continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems this isn't the full scene but it refers to this:

Here's the full thing from imdb ("Kafkaesque"). I guess Walt was the woodshop teacher (figuratively)
    I took this vo-tech class in high school, woodworking. I took a lot of vo-tech classes, because it was just big jerk-off, but this one time I had this teacher by the name of... Mr... Mr. Pike. I guess he was like a Marine or something before he got old. He was hard hearing. My project for his class was to make this wooden box. You know, like a small, just like a... like a box, you know, to put stuff in. So I wanted to get the thing done as fast as possible. I figured I could cut classes for the rest of the semester and he couldn't flunk me as long as I, you know, made the thing. So I finished it in a couple days. And it looked pretty lame, but it worked. You know, for putting in or whatnot. So when I showed it to Mr. Pike for my grade, he looked at it and said: "Is that the best you can do?" At first I thought to myself "Hell yeah, bitch. Now give me a D and shut up so I can go blaze one with my boys." I don't know. Maybe it was the way he said it, but... it was like he wasn't exactly saying it sucked. He was just asking me honestly, "Is that all you got?" And for some reason, I thought to myself: "Yeah, man, I can do better." So I started from scratch. I made another, then another. And by the end of the semester, by like box number five, I had built this thing. You should have seen it. It was insane. I mean, I built it out of Peruvian walnut with inlaid zebrawood. It was fitted with pegas, no screws. I sanded it for days, until it was smooth as glass. Then I rubbed all the wood with tung oil so it was rich and dark. It even smelled good. You know, you put nose in it and breathed in, it was... it was perfect.

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    The smokin blonde on Big Bang Theory said once in an episode that she "was from a small town in Nebraska outside of Omaha where there were beautiful farms and a lot of meth."
    Also, her brother is a chemist.

That flashback scene with Hank telling Walt that he should come along during their next bust, that Walt needed some excitement in his mundane life - and Walt innocently/sheepishly playing along really killed me. This show does heartbreak very well, and now more heartbreak - my favorite show has ended. Breaking Sad, indeed.

Did you guys see the pictures from the Hollywood Forever 'party'? Most costumes were goofy but I thought this was amazing:

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Walt Jr. is going to take the 9 mil and start his own empire of breakfast dinners called Flynn's. Why go to IHOP or Dennys when you can get Flynn's world famous Heisenberg sauce!? Complementary bacon and eggs with the bacon in the shape of your age when you come in on your birthday! (Turkey bacon optional)
    I've often thought to myself that certain TV or Movie themed restaurants should exist, because there is a large enough fan base to make a killing off of, but this one has real potential.
    Last edited by Fourthisto; 10-01-2013 at 06:00 AM.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

If Los pollos hermanos opened maybe. I'd eat there for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Bubba Gump Shrimp seems to be doing alright as an overpriced tourist trap.

I seriously doubt the Breaking Bad fanbase would be a significant factor in a Los Pollos Hermanos chain. It would be as successful as any other chicken QSR venture. That niche is already pretty full (at least in CA).

Yeah, but there aren't any that serve fried chicken that is more 'picoso' the way those in Mexico like it. I was always surprised that Pollo Camparo was so bland for a hispanic fried chicken joint.

I think Americans have somewhat of a skewed view as to what Mexicans like to eat. We don't bathe everything in hot sauce as surprising as that might seem nor do we use any kind of cheddar cheese. I've never seen a chicken joint in Mexico that serves super hot spiced chicken, they're all bland like you say, and we like it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Yeah, but there aren't any that serve fried chicken that is more 'picoso' the way those in Mexico like it. I was always surprised that Pollo Camparo was so bland for a hispanic fried chicken joint.
    you have El Pollo Loco down there?

I'm fairly certain Don Eladio's praise of Pollos Hermanos' chicken was based around the fact that it was spicy, flavorful and with more chilis than they would enjoy in Chile. You know, like when he said, "es tan picoso, como los mexicanos les gustan."

Jack, we have El Pollo Loco, and I love it. But it's also a different beast than fried chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Trent View Post
    We don't bathe everything in hot sauce as surprising as that might seem
    This is untrue. I have lived with you people for years and you guys love hot shit. At least your snacks. you guys put hot sauce on chips,ramen and you guys eat super hot candies.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Ooooh those watermelon lollies, wrapped in chili! Those are deadly!

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Trent View Post
    We don't bathe
    Lol cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    This is untrue. I have lived with you people for years and you guys love hot shit. At least your snacks. you guys put hot sauce on chips,ramen and you guys eat super hot candies.
    note that I said "not everything" and you just confirmed it with "at least"

Snacks does not equal all food, specially main dishes

Vince Gilligan Shares 5 Alternate Endings

The writers of “Breaking Bad” gave Walter White his M60 before they knew who it would kill.

Vince Gilligan says in the final “Breaking Bad Insider” podcast that he and his team had no idea, when they gave Walt the machine gun at the start of the final season, that he would eventually motorize it mow down Neo Nazis. They didn’t even know the show would have Neo Nazis.

It was a classic case of the “Breaking Bad” writers writing themselves into a corner and trying to find a way out. They created Uncle Jack’s gang in part because they needed villains worthy of a massacre, Gilligan said.

“We went through every possibility in the book,” he said. “You’re planting a flag at that point… We were saying you know what? An M60 machine gun, Rambo’s machine gun, something cool has to happen with that. We’ll figure it out later.”

As he has done since the start of the podcast, Gilligan gave fans a remarkable look inside his team’s writing process – and the potential endings they tossed out. Fans will want to listen to the podcast in its entirety, but here are some of the rejected ideas:

1. Walt Goes Rambo
    “Our original version was that Walt would use it somewhat in Rambo fashion,” Gilligan said. “Hand held. But the closer we got to the end we realized how Walt’s cancer would resurface and how sick Walt would be. That felt wrong for Walt to go out brawn over brain, go out like Rambo. Walt on his best day was never Rambo. Very late in the game we came up with mounting it in the trunk and using the garage door motor as a way of sweeping it back and forth and automating the process. Everyone, me included, loved the moments where Walt was MacGyveresque.”

2. Walt Kills Cops
    “We thought, gee, is it too obvious he’d use it on a bunch of bad guys? … He wanted to be known as Jesse James. He wants the credit. So we had versions that we talked about for instance where the police come to get him. He uses it on the police. But we didn’t like that. It just didn’t seem right.”

3. Walt Takes Out a Jail
    “We had a version where he goes and breaks Jesse out of jail just as the Nazis were gonna knock Jesse off in jail, and he comes in and uses an M60 to lay waste to an entire prison or a prison bus.”

Gilligan says of the alternate M60 scenarios: “I’m not saying we got far with those, but we would talk them through for hours on end. … We were like, you know what? as bad as Walt is we don’t want to see him killing good guys. If he’s going to use this M60, even if it’s slightly less surprising, let’s see him use it on guys even worse than he is.”

4. Skyler Kills Herself
    “I was leaning toward that and the other writers were like, that’s a bridge too far. Let’s not do that. And they were right. I think that would have been very unnecessary. … I was thinking at some point she went with the Disappearer. We talked about every option under the sun… and one of them was that Skyler leaves with Walt and the Disappearer. … We could almost kinda sorta see where Skyler would go if she was sort of like zombified. But we could never figure out how to get Jr. to go along. … There’s no bringing Jr. if Jr. doesn’t want to go. We talked about a possible version where Skyler and Walt are tied up at a Motel 6 kind of place and he’s talking to her in a bathroom saying, ‘It’s going to be alright… I’ve got a plan. Skyler? Skyler?’ And he finally forces the door open and she’s in a bloody tub or something like that.”

5. Jesse Dies, Then Walt Jr. Dies
    This wasn’t necessarily a finale ending, but it was an idea Gilligan kicked around before Season 1 even began. He says he considered a sequence in which a very ruthless drug dealer – he would include elements of Gus Fring, Krazy 8 and Tuco Salamanca – would kill Jesse. Walt, “filled with rage,” shackles him in a basement. He rigs a tripwire with a shotgun, so that the dealer can kill himself by pulling it. Walt wants the dealer to do it, so he begins torturing him from the ground up. He starts at the toes and begins “lopping off bits of this guy and cauterizing it with a blowtorch or something.” This goes on for weeks, but the dealer won’t kill himself. Eventually Walt Jr. discovers him and tries to give him some water. When the dealer realizes Walt Jr. is Walt’s son, he trips the wire and kills them both.

Gilligan said no one at AMC was wild about the idea, and eventually his team of writers – “people with more sense,” he joked — reined him in.

“And you’ll notice we never actually did that scene,” he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

The writers did something similar with Hank being outside the RV in season 4 in the car junkyard. They had no idea how they were gonna get Walt out of it for a long time.

Flynn should have died.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what