Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2637

Thread: Breaking Bad

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Pre-finale predictions/wishes for ending, via someones tumblr

VigoTheCarpathian

I wish pinkman walked away with the money

At the very end I thought for sure Jesse was going to crash the car.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    Apologies for bombing your thread, but I'm just tired of seeing shit like this on television.
    Then why are you watching it? It seems like you're watching it? Have you watched it? You can choose to ignore it. I know that I can't stand a majority of TV out there but I just don't feel the need to tell people who like it that it's dumb. Honest question... Why do you keep coming in this thread? I mean, yeah it's a message board and you're free to state your opinion but it seems like you spend quite a bit of time focused on negative things. I'm bored so that's why I'm even posting this right now.

one of the greatest series finales of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Was the episode called Felina because it's an anagram of "finale"?
    Supposedly it's "FeLiNa," for iron, lithium, and sodium... or blood, meth, and tears. There's a picture explaining it I could attach, but I'm too lazy to do that from my tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Then why are you watching it? It seems like you're watching it? Have you watched it? You can choose to ignore it. I know that I can't stand a majority of TV out there but I just don't feel the need to tell people who like it that it's dumb. Honest question... Why do you keep coming in this thread? I mean, yeah it's a message board and you're free to state your opinion but it seems like you spend quite a bit of time focused on negative things. I'm bored so that's why I'm even posting this right now.
    I never called it dumb, exactly. I come back here because the people who enjoy the show have a genuine opinion to express in contrast to mine, which is healthy, and I can appreciate it a little more than the bashing taking place in certain other threads.

For all your message board needs

Falina is also a reference the song that played at the beginning of the episode:

The song is a first-person narrative told by a cowboy who is in El Paso, Texas, in the days of the Wild West. He recalls how he fell in love with a young Mexican woman, Feleena,[2] a dancer at "Rosa's Cantina". When another cowboy made advances on "wicked Feleena," the narrator gunned down the challenger, then fled El Paso for fear of being hanged for murder or killed in revenge by his victim's friends. Exiting El Paso, he hides out in the "badlands of New Mexico."

The narrator switches from the past to the present for the remainder of the song, describing the yearning that drives him to return to El Paso: "It's been so long since I've seen the young maiden / My love is stronger than my fear of death."[1] Upon entering the town, he is attacked and fatally wounded by a posse or his victim's friends. At the end of the song, the cowboy recounts (or hallucinates) that he is found by Feleena, and he dies in her arms.
    I think Falina/Feleena is the meth.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Ice Burn

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    The eco-friendly formula never works. It better be cranking out some serious CFC's if you expect results.

That was a great ending! The skinny Pete and badger scene was priceless. I love that Lydia got ricined in her damn stevia and tea and Walt told her about it before she died! "Feeling under the weather?"
    Jesse killing Todd was very satisfying, and the machine gun was badass. It cracked me up that Walt actually built a robot. It reminded me of when Jesse made to ridiculous suggestion to build a robot when their rv died in the desert.
    I can agree that everything worked out too perfectly for Walt, but that is in keeping with the whole series.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Last night was fantastic! I think the episode was a little slow leading up to the end but thats probably because I was so anxious to see it.

@captncrzy & nathanfairchild : Six feet Under is my favorite as well! Not too many people I know have watched the show so it's awesome to see some more supporters for it
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

That was indeed a quality show, last night's final episode met all my expectations but SFU had me with all the feelings flowing, I was in tears.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I didn't shed a tear last night but the episode the week before where Todd kills Jesse's ex with him watching got a couple to stream down my cheek
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    I never called it dumb, exactly. I come back here because the people who enjoy the show have a genuine opinion to express in contrast to mine, which is healthy, and I can appreciate it a little more than the bashing taking place in certain other threads.
    OK. I can understand the healthy debate idea. But you kinda come across as the guy standing on the street corner telling everyone that they are sinners and are going to hell. And nobody likes that guy, not even God.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Trunk gun was fucking legendary

Couldn’t help but laugh at the oft desert rat, New Mexican Walt fumbling around that frozen car looking for comfort during the opening scene. It was time to go home, back in his element, to ensure everyone got what they deserved (i.e. revenge on his ex-Biz partners big ears and his wife who’ll have to live knowing they turned into Walt’s bitches, Jesse’s loveable hooligan buddies getting paid, a proper goodbye to Skylar sans hug or kiss, etc.). Great finale, great all time show.

Recorded and watched Talking Bad for the first time too. Was disappointed Flynn spoke that way in real life and said he didn’t know if he’d use the trust fund money (oh please). Mike was there praising Mike. Skylar kissing writer arse. Fucking actors.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

So was Stevia

Revenge is sweet

Great ending to a great show. I actually got choked up on the final scene because I'm going to miss having new episodes to look forward to.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I'm just so glad Walt finally admitted that he did all this for himself. Even though we all knew it, it was so refreshing to not hear him lie about how he did all of this for his family. That was probably my favorite scene last night.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    The episode felt sloppy, but I'm satisfied with the outcome.
    I sort of agree with this but I'm not sure sloppy is the word. Maybe a bit rushed? Part of my problem is that I've been reading Reddit and everything that happened last night had been speculated in spoilers. That's my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    Walter admitting he did it for himself gave me a boner.
    This was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    At the very end I thought for sure Jesse was going to crash the car.
    I thought he was going to run Walt over

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I didn't shed a tear last night but the episode the week before where Todd kills Jesse's ex with him watching got a couple to stream down my cheek
    No tears last night, but I cried both times I watched the scene with Walt hugging Jesse.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post

Recorded and watched Talking Bad for the first time too. Was disappointed Flynn spoke that way in real life and said he didn’t know if he’d use the trust fund money (oh please). Mike was there praising Mike. Skylar kissing writer arse. Fucking actors.
    I felt bad that Flynn spoke that way in real life, because we make fun of it all the time. NNNNOOOOOBODY IS TELLING ME JACKSHIT AROUND HERE.

I'm satisfied with the way they ended it. I just really wanted to know if Jesse ends up being ok. I just want him to be at peace.
    I'm also really happy that Randy was right and that Walt got some sort of redemption at the end.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i wonder if walt giving skyler the location of hank's body would have been enough for the DA to make a deal.

did jesse have any cash left when he bailed on the disappearer?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    did jesse have any cash left when he bailed on the disappearer?
    I doubt it. I figured the DEA would've kept the money they found in his car in lockup.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

oh yeah. that sucks. hope he's ok.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

It was a good ending, very fan-pleasing, but in some ways almost fan-pleasing to a fault. I thought they hit perfect notes with Walt's final confession to Skyler, and with Jesse's refusal to do Walt's bidding after he saved him. At the end of the day, the Nazis, and Todd, and Lydia were characters who were brought on to the end of the show as a means of ending the show. It's hard to feel invested in the resolution of the story with their demise. For me, the narrative and thematic elements of the show were all satisfied (and better satisfied) in "Ozymandias." I like that Walt was made to suffer and look small in that episode. The Taxi Driver/Pulp Fiction redemption-through-massacre ending of the finale felt in some ways tacked on to all of the richness that came earlier.

An interesting parallel I thought of last night: my favorite episode of season 4, maybe the entire series, was "Crawl Space," where Walt absolutely loses it when he realizes Fring has got him and he's seemingly lost everything; two episodes later in "Face Off," Walt emerges victorious against Fring in a grand spectacle of a MacGuvyer action set piece, and I really didn't like it all that much. Something similar happened for me with this season as well, right down to the chronology of the episodes. I always thought this show was at its best when it reveled in despair rather than triumph. And although Walt met his end (was there any doubt he would?), his it ultimately felt more triumphal than dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Was the episode called Felina because it's an anagram of "finale"?
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    oh yeah. that sucks. hope he's ok.
    I would have liked it if maybe there was a safe in the clubhouse that maybe they busted open with some cash, or maybe even Walt giving him a little fresh-start money (that he set aside before going there), but at least he's free.
    Last edited by HunterGather; 09-30-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Why the fuck would Jesse take a bunch of drug money in light of everything that happened this season?? Terrible thematic conclusion if they had done that.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Yep. Jesse seemed to struggle the most with his conscious, so no drug money equals a fresh start mentally. Clean slate, peace of mind. Or maybe he starts cooking again because he’s a fucking tweeker.

And that song is awesome.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Walt Jr. is going to take the 9 mil and start his own empire of breakfast dinners called Flynn's. Why go to IHOP or Dennys when you can get Flynn's world famous Heisenberg sauce!? Complementary bacon and eggs with the bacon in the shape of your age when you come in on your birthday! (Turkey bacon optional)

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Great finale. Wish Marie had died.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House -