Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2637

Thread: Breaking Bad

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    I was surprised that Jesse didn't immediately want to kill Walt after realizing that he had killed Mike. The way Jesse was acting made me believe that he must have just had a conversation with Lydia recently where she shared her understanding that Walt wouldn't have killed Mike's guys with Mike still in the picture. Why else would he now snap a month after Walt gave him the cash?

Didn't Jesse get a gun last time he was at that Hot Dog joint? He may have just bought a gun to go after Walt.

Jesus Christ. Do you even watch the show? Jesse doesn't want anyone else to die.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    My official predictions, some of which are based on general extrapolation of the act structure they've been using over the course of this season:

If Skyler dies, it won't be by Walt's hands, but it is very likely she might die indirectly as a result of the situation Walt has gotten her into.

Skyler will, at some point, get involved in the "dirty work." This will likely happen shortly before her own demise (Ep 5-7 of this run, depending on how they disjoint the timeline). She'll have blood on her hands before this is over.

Walt's return to his home at the beginning of the episode with his house in shambles and HEISENBERG scrawled all over the wall indicates to me that, finding him impossible to successfully prosecute, Walt's effective comeuppance--prior to the sequences we're seeing foreshadowed at the beginning of these episodes where he's got all his hair and stuff, expect that whole timeline to take up the last two-three episodes depending--will be him being exposed publicly through unofficial channels as the meth kingpin of New Mexico. Hank will find a way to expose him without being able to successfully bust him.

Agreed on all three--especially Skyler. I think she's willing to protect the kids and the fact that she's gotten her husband back at all costs. I don't think Walt will kill her, but I do think his actions will cause her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Seems like that would be career suicide for Hank, wouldn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    "Job" is not a reason a character does things. Hank had an opportunity for promotion--he gave it up in part because he couldn't handle the brutality of El Paso, but the second time he was due to return he turned back because of the mere mention of blue meth being back on the scene.

You guys are not looking at this the right way. To say that Hank's priority is his job is only partially correct. Hank's priority is his sense of self and manhood and being good at what he does. Heisenberg is his white whale. I assure you before this season is done, you will see him turn against both his family and his career in the pursuit of revenge against Walt. Because Walt has made him a FAILURE. His purpose in life has been stripped from him by Walt.
    All true. That and the fact that Hank cannot turn Walt in without implicating himself. Walt paid for Hank's medical treatments. Hank was first on the scene when Tuco was shot. Hank was almost hit by the twins. Hank wouldn't let go of the Heisenberg case even after he was told it was time to turn it over. Hank and Walt were hanging around the chicken joint watching Gus. It all looks like Hank was consipiring with Walt this entire time.

Hank will not sacrifice his pride and his manhood to put Walt away.

I read a theory about the gun yesterday that I liked. Jesse is kidnapped by Lydia's Czeck gang and forced to make high quality meth (since the meth quality has dropped to unacceptable levels). Walt returns from wherever he is to rescue Jesse. In the end, he sacrifices himself. I think Walt really does care about Jesse (he called him 'son' in the last episode) and will feel guilty for the things he's done to him. Mostly I like it because I want Walt to have some sort of redemption in the end.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I never heard this before (I'm not a Godfather geek) but a lot of people think oranges signal death. In the Godfather, oranges or the color orange shows up, and that person ends up dead (or some shit).

When Walt said "Hello, Carol" and she dropped her grocery bag, oranges rolled out into the street.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Jesus Christ. Do you even watch the show? Jesse doesn't want anyone else to die.

If you don't think Jesse is getting trapped in a box that he can only get out of by killing Walt (or running I suppose but he has been urged to do that for half a year now), you must be the one not be watching the show. I also suspect Jesse et al. to go after Hank once he finds out Hank knows.

Some points I want to be touched on before the end:

-Jesse's brother, I'd like to see him back in an important way. Possibly as a catalyst for what Jesse does in the end.

-Marie's theft problem.

-Walt Jr. now being able to drive his own car leading him to follow one of his parents and catching them engaging in illegal activity (I would rather him catch Skyler first at this point if he finds out this way).

-Grey Matter in any shape or form.

-The Jane secret coming out.

-Hanks' minerals
    Last edited by xanman86; 08-13-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

If you don't think Jesse is getting trapped in a box that he can only get out of by killing Walt (or running I suppose but he has been urged to do that for half a year now), you must be the one not be watching the show. I also suspect Jesse et al. to go after Hank once he finds out Hank knows.

Some points I want to be touched on before the end:

-Jesse's brother, I'd like to see him back in an important way. Possibly as a catalyst for what Jesse does in the end.

-Marie's theft problem.

-Walt Jr. now being able to drive his own car leading him to follow one of his parents and catching them engaging in illegal activity (I would rather him catch Skyler first at this point if he finds out this way).

-Grey Matter in any shape or form.

-The Jane secret coming out.
    The Jane secret is the only one that I think would be even remotely compelling. And who is Jesse's brother? Maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't remember him having a brother who played a big role in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    The Jane secret is the only one that I think would be even remotely compelling. And who is Jesse's brother? Maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't remember him having a brother who played a big role in the story.
    He hasn't. He was in one (maybe two?) episodes in the first season. He was the "perfect child" in the eyes of their parents. The last thing we saw of him was that the joint their parents found and kicked Jesse out for was actually the younger brother's.

Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

My guess about why they haven't expanded on Jesse's brother, or any of the other things you mentioned, is because Vince Gilligan and the other writers know that the audience doesn't give a shit.

I don't know. You people seem to give an endless amount of speculative shits about everything in this show.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I mean, seriously. Out of all the things that are happening, you really give a single fuck about Marie's shoplifting problem?

My guess about why they haven't expanded on Jesse's brother, or any of the other things you mentioned, is because Vince Gilligan and the other writers know that the audience doesn't give a shit.
    The writers have made it a point to make everything mean something on the show. These are just a few points that haven't really had a resolution yet is all. To make them interesting they would have to play out in the craziness that will happen in the next 7 episodes so I'm sure if done right it would be majorly compelling to watch.

If Hank's minerals don't play a role in the end game I will be slightly disappointed. At least they are utilizing the ricin as a major part of the end.

Upcoming shows
    Events

I don't think they've talked enough about how Skinny Pete likes to play the piano, I'd like to see it serve as Walt's downfall.

Victor was bald and got killed........and Hank is bald. That can't be a coincidence. I hope they expand on that.

I don't think they've talked enough about how Skinny Pete likes to play the piano, I'd like to see it serve as Walt's downfall.

Victor was bald and got killed........and Hank is bald. That can't be a coincidence. I hope they expand on that.

Upcoming shows
    Events

You've spent too much time watching shows on the Disney Channel. This is for grown ups.

The grown up thing to do is to ignore all the little details that didn't interest you in the first place

Upcoming shows
    Events

The writers are doing these things to tell us something.
    They're trying to tell us that either on accident or on purpose, Walt is going to kill Skyler.
    It makes sense... but then, maybe too much sense, like they're trying to throw us off the trail. I'd think it's more of a "We're not so different, you and I" kind of theme that keeps coming up again and again in the series, if the precendent hasn't been set - but since it has, fake ID'd "Walter Lambert" (Skyler's maiden name!) spelling out '52' means you're probably dead right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    Maybe the ricin is for Skyler?
    I thought of that too - and then maybe that Holly would get into it somehow, instead. But I have the sneaking suspicion that Skyler is already dead in these future scenes.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

I mean, seriously. Out of all the things that are happening, you really give a single fuck about Marie's shoplifting problem?
    Seriously. And why the fuck would the minerals of all things come back into play? That was nothing more than a hobby Hank took up to pass the time when he was bedridden. Good grief.
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Also, Lost seems to have made people crazy. Sure there is a lot beneath the surface with this show, but not every little thing in every scene is some kind of camouflaged clue. A lot of the past few pages makes sense, but a lot of you are reaching big time.
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I never heard this before (I'm not a Godfather geek) but a lot of people think oranges signal death. In the Godfather, oranges or the color orange shows up, and that person ends up dead (or some shit).

When Walt said "Hello, Carol" and she dropped her grocery bag, oranges rolled out into the street.
    Hasn't pink been a "death color" on this show? Kinda disconcerting that the baby is seen in pink quite often.

I think Holly survives. The guy that plays Hank gave an interview and he said that there will be a surprising twist at the end for Holly. A lot of people have been speculating that Marie takes her and raises her after everyone dies. I'm wondering if Jesse takes her and raises her.

Final flash forward: Ms. Heisenberg

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

He hasn't. He was in one (maybe two?) episodes in the first season. He was the "perfect child" in the eyes of their parents. The last thing we saw of him was that the joint their parents found and kicked Jesse out for was actually the younger brother's.
    The brother was only a device to help explain his estrangement from his parents. He's useless now.

Right, the Breaking Bad writers were careful to not waste an instant of time with anything they ever did, but not all of it -- especially in the early seasons -- was done for the service of plot. The xanman list of stuff is akin to someone wanting the final episodes of The Sopranos to spend time on the issue of what happened to the ducks in Tony's pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

My stupid thoughts.

Everyone in Hank's family dies. The show was originally about a man trying to provide for his family who then turned to evil things to provide for them after he was gone. In turn, trying to do good for his family by doing bad things has ultimately led to their demise. In the future you see him with a beard looking relatively alive. He beat cancer again. He went to the house to get the risen so he could kill himself since he has nothing left. Not sure about Jesse but I think maybe he kills Skylar (not sure why), Walt kills Jesse. Walt kills Hank. Saul makes off with the dough. I'm probably wrong.
    Last edited by shotglass75; 08-13-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

I don't think Future Grizzly Walt's cancer is gone. His hair is back, but he has medication on him (seen in the first episode of season 5A).

He's probably off of chemo (hence the hair) and is the final stages (hence the gaunt appearance) in the flash forwards. That's why I think the ricin is suicidal; he takes it before whatever he has planned with the M-60. If he somehow survives the shootout and is arrested, he dies quickly in custody.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

You guys remember details better than I do thats for sure.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

To be fair, we just rewatched the entire series.

Now I REALLY want Hank's minerals to play a part lol

I agree that most of those points are just random pieces of the show, I would just like them to have resolutions that people can look back on and say that nearly everything in the series was for a reason. Grey Matter and Jesse's brother in season one were clearly only put there as motivation and depth for their respective characters but I would still like a little more than that.

It also looks like Walt is wearing Jesse's jacket in the "flash forward" which does not bode well for Pinkman.

I have so many radical ideas about what can happen this season

Upcoming shows
    Events

Aaron Paul is currently doing an AMA and this was his answer to what his favorite vacation spot is:

Thank you bitch. I will send my wife your love. Favorite vacation spot is anything music festival related. Me and Lauren are addicted to musical festivals. We met at Coachella. We fell in love at Coachella. We had our first kiss on a ferris wheel at Coachella. So anything that reminds us of that we're very excited to do.

Upcoming shows
    Events

I don't think Walt is using the ricin on himself. They've already said that it takes days to die from it. The only reason I could see him using it on homself is for insurance purposes because it looks like a natural death....but I highly doubt that's the plan.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...