Page 26 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Fuck the baby. Baby lives are worth dick compared to adult lives. The point is that Walt is an anti-hero, not a villain. You can say that poisoning that kid is unforgivable, but Walt was looking at a situation where he knew both Jesse and Walt's family were almost certain to be murdered if Gus was allowed to live. He couldn't convince Jesse of this because Jesse had blinders on. What's he supposed to do in that situation? Take no action in the name of some kind of morality that gets good people killed and lets Gus expand his network of evil, or take whatever extreme steps might be necessary to get Jesse thinking the right way? In this case, Walt had to frame Gus for a crime in order to get Jesse to see the threat right in front of his nose.

Anti-heroes are about to what extent we're willing to accept people who take questionable means to to an end. The thing that makes them so interesting is whether or not we can say that what they did is actually "wrong."
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i guess my point was more that skylar probably wouldn't forgive him, or at least get over it enough to trust him. that's the love walt is seeking. and i'm saying i don't think he's going to get it.

i also agree that walt will live to see the full extent of the mess he made.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Is he seeking love anymore? It seems more like he is seeking revenge or respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

For those questioning the authenticity of including the Scarface scene: remember that there is a history...

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I'll gladly take any bets anyone wants to make about whether or not Walt will live. He will. Y'all are some dumb fucks.

Also, he doesn't need to be forgiven for poisoning a child. He's a pragmatist. The entire premise of the show is how a very intelligent man can adapt to a world he was morally unfamiliar with when driven to make those compromises by his love for his family. He was in a difficult situation and poisoned that child to not only save his own life but also Jesse's and keep everybody from getting arrested. Far as I'm concerned, several adult lives outweigh the value of one child being sick for a week.

Walt is evil as fuck, buddy.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

He should have given up cooking meth when that one guy offered to pay for his cancer treatment first season.
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

He should have given up cooking meth when that one guy offered to pay for his cancer treatment first season.
    Then the show would be boring.

No, I'm saying from a moral standpoint. Because he did not do that, he IS evil.

Coachella Junkie

Is he seeking love anymore? It seems more like he is seeking revenge or respect.
    Shut the fuck up Amy. This isn't Dawson's Creek.

I don't think that equates to being evil. It just seems like it was pride getting in the way. He didn't want charity.

Coachella Junkie

i guess my point was more that skylar probably wouldn't forgive him, or at least get over it enough to trust him. that's the love walt is seeking. and i'm saying i don't think he's going to get it.

i also agree that walt will live to see the full extent of the mess he made.
    You too. Abandon the thread. Go watch Charles In Charge.

I was talking to Ivy. I don't think he is seeking love.

I look forward to meeting you someday, Pot.

Coachella Junkie

I said shut the fuck up. You're dumb and you have dumb opinions.

What do you propose that people discuss here?

Let's discuss why Skylar told Marie to shut up because....like....oh my god....Marie was being SUCH a bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    I said shut the fuck up. You're dumb and you have dumb opinions.
    I love you so much

Oh fuck off, Tommy.

Shut up, Amy! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Nicely done, Tim.

Thank you, Amy.

Speaking of which, I wonder if that scene wasn't so much for making Skyler have a breakdown, but to give a voice to all of those who hate Marie.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

you apparently slept through the whole season where they explained Walt's history with that guy and his bitterness over the missed opportunity to be in on the business venture and also his anger of possibly being exploited (although it's all a intentionally vague and ambiguous).

His choice to manage his own destiny is a fucking central theme to the whole damn show.

Coachella Junkie

Can you rephrase your comment in terms of vague one-word results? Will he find love? What about redemption? What about revenge? Will the crip ever get a sweet girlfriend? How do you feel about Skylar's wardrobe this season?

Jackstraw, he should have sucked it up and taken it. Managing his own destiny this fully is destroying everyone around him.

Amy, you should just write for tv. Your plot choices and character developments would "wow" the world.

It's sad to see everyone so convinced that Mike will die and I can see him getting it too. Walt is blind to everything except the stacks that Mike had to take away for the Legacy fund. All of those scenes where Walt acts unbearably smug when Mike was basically laying it down for him were...well, unbearable. Mike is my favorite character on the show and he keeps getting better, it's painful to see him slowly land in Walt's cross hairs only because he needs the money for his granddaughter and to keep his associates quiet.

If it really does come down to Walt killing Mike I wonder how he can do it. Killing Mike seems just as difficult as killing Gus, I just don't see how Mike won't see it coming from any angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Last edited by captncrzy; 08-01-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

The fact that she was appalled and continued trying to talk over Skyler shows what a douche she is.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

I hate Marie so fucking much. If Hank had a fucking wife who acted like a genuine human being he wouldn't have had such a break down and slow mental and emotional recovery after the parking lot shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Coachella Junkie

ITT: People who can't distinguish between real life and television.