Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 8182838485868788 LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 2637

Thread: Breaking Bad

Default Re: Breaking Bad

grannok, dispensing advice on how to live the good life.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

jackstraw strikes again!

Reading comprehension is hard and infuriating.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

jackstraw is my soulmate.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    In what language does that not sound like Jesse is the subject of your sentence when saying "both to save himself and to lessen Walt's legacy..." Please read your own post again before jumping on me for misinterpreting.
    IN the English language, where all the words in a sentence matter. Like, you know, the phrase "I could see Walt being convinced..." which immediately precedes the part that you're reading on its own. I also included the parenthetical in the first half of the sentence to make clear that I'm referring to what Walt would be thinking. And we were clearly discussing how Walt would view things. I may not have written the best-constructed sentence in the world, but if you can't pick up on the many signs that Walt was my subject, both within the sentence and from the larger context of the discussion, then you're in trouble.

Anyone got 10 G's laying around?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121186212836

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    The Field 7/18, Yung Lean & Sadboys 7/19, Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    IN the English language, where all the words in a sentence matter. Like, you know, the phrase "I could see Walt being convinced..." which immediately precedes the part that you're reading on its own. I also included the parenthetical in the first half of the sentence to make clear that I'm referring to what Walt would be thinking. And we were clearly discussing how Walt would view things. I may not have written the best-constructed sentence in the world, but if you can't pick up on the many signs that Walt was my subject, both within the sentence and from the larger context of the discussion, then you're in trouble.

This is your quote, you damn loon (and please spare me your "I know what I wrote, why are you insisting on quoting it again". It's clear you need another reading so I'm saving you some scrolling)
    If they offered him a chance to 1) live and 2) use Walt's formula to (the way Walt would see it) take credit for work that Jesse wasn't doing, I could see Walt being convinced Jesse would take it, both to save himself and to lessen Walt's legacy by removing the need for Walter as the producer.
    Your parenthetical (the way Walt would see it) seems to then trial off into what Walt is inferring about JESSE's thought process. You can't write worth fuck all if you honestly think what you wrote there after "Jesse would take it" is still referring to Walt's thoughts about himself. If you're still talking about Walt then it obviously should have read "HIS legacy and "HIMSELF as the producer". You wrote a convoluted clusterfuck and then act all shocked when it's misinterpreted. (and btw even if you are talking about Walt there it's still a mess)

Don't worry I keep the context of the whole discussion in mind. That's precisely why your post made no sense. It's you who either did not remember what you're talking about, or had a stroke while you were typing.

So stop fucking flailing if you're so exhausted posting in threads I post in.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 10-03-2013 at 10:37 AM.

I actually kinda do wish Walt had tried some of his product on his way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Seriously. It would've been kinda corny during the last scene but the dude was dying anyway, he should've finally consummated the relationship

I was thinking that was what he did? but I couldn't tell if that is what happened. He looked peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Seriously. It would've been kinda corny during the last scene but the dude was dying anyway, he should've finally consummated the relationship
    Exactly. It was one thing about the finale (besides the kind of all too convenient tying up all the loose ends [I don't really think that's as necessary in finales as other people, I still think The Sopranos was a way better ending]), if you'd really destroyed your whole life and the lives of countless others in the name of this thing you made and were so proud of... wouldn't your last thought as you were in extreme pain from being gunshot be to see what all the fuss was about?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

100% agreed.

I like the concept but it wouldn't have worked with this ending. They clearly wanted Walt to go out on his own terms and it would have just been another stain on his legacy if he has methamphetamine in his system during the autopsy.

Speaking of wish fulfillment, I kinda wanted Walt to end up desolving in his barrel of money.

Upcoming shows
    The Field 7/18, Yung Lean & Sadboys 7/19, Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Exactly. It was one thing about the finale (besides the kind of all too convenient tying up all the loose ends [I don't really think that's as necessary in finales as other people, I still think The Sopranos was a way better ending]), if you'd really destroyed your whole life and the lives of countless others in the name of this thing you made and were so proud of... wouldn't your last thought as you were in extreme pain from being gunshot be to see what all the fuss was about?
    It seems out of character for Walt, but I would have enjoyed seeing him go out on a high note.

hiyooooo.

Yeah I think it just didn't fit with the tone of the last 5 minutes of the show but in real life if you knew you were minutes from death and surrounded by your drug baby you'd probably just take it because really what does it matter at that point

Walt taking meth is so completely out of character that it would have made a joke of the show. Power was Walt's drug. The meth was just the vehicle, and for him to try it is just goofy.

Besides he knows Jesse is too well trained than to leave product lying around.

That's a good point. Part of the fondness Walt feels in the end is seeing that Jesse learned to keep the lab pristine and "up to Heisenberg" standards.

Upcoming shows
    Events

Walt taking meth is so completely out of character that it would have made a joke of the show. Power was Walt's drug. The meth was just the vehicle, and for him to try it is just goofy.

Exactly. I don't know what the rest of you are talking about. For me, a small part of the impact of his character was that he wasn't into doing the drug himself. As Jack said, the drug was just a vehicle for him to achieve a goal. It would be fucking stupid if he tried it before he died.

YEAH I KNOW! Damn his code. He has a code that he follows.

I mean, you're all correct and it would have been really weird if he'd gotten high in the last shot of the show. On the other hand, he must have been curious and what better time to experiment with drugs than when you know you're minutes from death?

Terri Gross asked Peter Gould and Thomas Schnauz about the ricin-in-the-stevia packet thing today. They didn't really have an answer.

6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham
    7/3: Sigha, Marcel Fengler @ Monarch
    7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/16: James Zabiela @ Mighty
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Can you expand on that? What did Gross ask them, specifically?

Oh man, I need to listen to that episode of Fresh Air!

She told them that she, and other fans most likely, has been racking her brain about how Walt got the ricin into the stevia packet in the first place -- wouldn't there be a hole? Would someone as fastidious as Lydia take notice to something off about a stevia packet?

They said that they probably easily could have pitched a scene showing Walt in his car going through packet after packet trying to open and close it -- and that a scene such of that probably would have made it to air. Then they mentioned that if Walt could rig a machine gun up like that, he could get it into the stevia packet! They also discussed how the whole ricin thing was with them since season 2, and it became this sort of curse, like they knew someone was going to have to die from it, but they didn't know who and they didn't know how. They also discussed other times where they've written themselves into a corner and didn't know how exactly to get out of it (the "sunset" episode in the RV)

Also of note (I only caught like 20 minutes of the interview) was that they discussed what became known as the "Tom law" in the writing room -- basically that he didn't see it fit to have characters explaining things to other characters as a way to let the audience know that a character had been made aware of a plot point. That sometimes characters should just be able to appear in a scene, already knowing something, and that the audience should just be able to assume that they've been made aware of a fact. Which I think speaks to the issue of Gomie all of a sudden being up to speed with things

6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham
    7/3: Sigha, Marcel Fengler @ Monarch
    7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/16: James Zabiela @ Mighty
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Think about it this way: at least ricin in the Stevia was better explained than how Brock was poisoned back in season 4.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

http://jimromenesko.com/2013/10/04/b...erque-journal/

‘BREAKING BAD’ FANS PLACE WALTER WHITE OBITUARY IN THE ALBUQUERQUE JOURNAL

High school science teacher David Layman and other members of the “Unofficial Breaking Bad Fan Tour” Facebook group, paid for the Walter White death notice that appears on 4A in today’s Albuquerque Journal.

“I’ve been a humongous ‘Breaking Bad’ fan since the beginning,” says Layman, who notes that he has a student named Jesse. “I was actually in the pilot, and putting the obit in the paper was fitting, because the series was based in Albuquerque and it provides some of us some closure.”

Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

I forgot why I stopped ever joining in arguments in which you participate. Look at what I wrote: Prisoner in the literal sense of the word. You reply to a completely different argument, prisoner in any sense of the word. And, I didn't say JESSE would care about the Heisenberg legacy, I said that Walt would view it in that way, because Walt is always Walt's biggest concern and the one thing he thinks about the most. At no point in my post did I say that was Jesse's line of thinking, but rather how Walt would view it.
    Don't you know, Bryan? Jack is always right. Christ, you can't even remember or understand what you wrote!

Don't worry I keep the context of the whole discussion in mind. That's precisely why your post made no sense. It's you who either did not remember what you're talking about, or had a stroke while you were typing.

So stop fucking flailing if you're so exhausted posting in threads I post in.

I'm obviously a stroke-patient, and it's not the fact that Jack continually runs into this issue every time he gets into an argument on the board. Because he can read, but apparently nobody else can craft an argument that he can comprehend.

I'm obviously a stroke-patient, and it's not the fact that Jack continually runs into this issue every time he gets into an argument on the board. Because he can read, but apparently nobody else can craft an argument that he can comprehend.
    You're just stung because you wrote an incoherent statement and then jumped down my throat because your fuckup was read as it was written. Go ahead and state honestly that the sentence can be objectively understood. You know you can't.
    proof-read, bro. You were the first to get nasty and then are shocked when you get spit back at? This "reading comprehension" issue is not pervasive on this board, it's not typically why I mix words with others. It's your issue, you just seem to be assuming that's why I argue with everyone because that's what you remember. You're not random in this respect.
    (and way to pull unwitting allies into your sob story btw)

Just put me on ignore. I've had theresalwaysone on ignore for a long time now and it's been fabulous
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 10-05-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Apparently Hannibal Lecter is a fanboy

Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. [Ed note: There are in fact five seasons of Breaking Bad; this might have been wishful thinking.] (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths