Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Default Re: Breaking Bad

my guess is that Gus wants to ruffle Walt's ego. by giving him half the dough for Jesse's meth, Walt is now linked to the "inferior" meth -- we know how much Walt prides himself in cooking the purest meth, so this will probably just push Walt into cooking again.

i always thought that the show started off as black comedy. comedy obviously took a backseat in the second season when shit got heavy. they're slowly injecting back the humor (pizza on the roof, for instance). i like how it straddles both comedy and drama now.

Cherita Chen !
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Good take, Bleep. On both accounts.

There’s always been a heavy share of dark comedy on the show. Remember when Walt was stashing something under the ceiling tiles in his classroom, I think it was his cell phone, and the slimy lawyer came in at that precise moment (“what are you doing here? Can you at least knock?”). Or last night with the potted plant through Ted’s office window FAIL. Ha. Walt naked in the grocery store. Some of the most tense moments are the most absurdly funny. Tuko’s old crabby Mexican Uncle with that fucking bell on his wheelchair. Haha. (*Ding*).

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I just started watching this over the weekend. I've seen 2 episodes of Season 1 and it's really not doing it for me. I was expecting to really enjoy it but I think my mistake was watching all 4 seaons of Dexter first. It gave me high expectations because the same person recommended both shows to me. The Captn drug dealer guy is really fucking annoying and cliche. The way the teacher and him hooked up was almost comedic. I won't give up yet but this is how fast I was fading when I tried Weeds as well, another show I thought would be fantastic but dragged on and had too much filler in each episode.

This show is made of win. I crawled out from under my rock and ordered the first season from Netflix. I can't wait to finally get caught up so I can stop ignoring the shiny new episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    The Wizard didnt resist the police, the police resisted The Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    This show is made of win. I crawled out from under my rock and ordered the first season from Netflix. I can't wait to finally get caught up so I can stop ignoring the shiny new episodes.
    just watched the latest episode... AWESOME! wonder what's gonna happen now w/walt & jesse?
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

^ ^ ^ ^

I agree! Very much so. Won't give anything away, but I have to say that I love the new lab.
    Always wear a helmut

just finished episode 7, one more ep to go before i get caught up. holy hell, that parking lot scene w/ Hank so suspenseful, i was near breathless when it was over. Hank always has the best showdowns.

Alright, I gave it another go and of course now I think this show is fantastic. I'm almost caught up. I'm on season 3 episode 6. I really dislike the actor who plays Jesse. In fact he might be the most annoying character on any TV show. That said Walt, his wife, the kid are all fantastic in this show. I'm wondering how long before Walt's cancer starts dragging him down again. I prefer irrational Walter and he is far more irrational when he's dying.

My stepdad introduced me to this show about a month ago. It's the first fictional television series I've actually enjoyed watching in a very long time. The last episode was so amazing.

attaboy, faxy. knew you'd come around to this show.

season finale per Wiki is June 13. same day that season 3 of True Blood premieres. oh happy day!

Quote Originally Posted by bleep View Post
    attaboy, faxy. knew you'd come around to this show.
    I thought I would get into it easiliy but for some reason the Jesse character was ruining it for me big time. I started watching as soon as I caught up with Dexter and it's interesting how similar they are with regards to the lead male characters having a criminal double life they are keeping secret. Mind you Dexter's secret is much more sadistic but Walter's character is much more volatile. Their justifications for the things they do are are a big part of the success of these characters. Either way i'm on board and will be watching til' the end. I just want Jesse to die. The only time I found Jesse interesting was when he was completely done with all things regarding drugs for a couple of episodes. Next up kill the attorney. The rest of the characters are great.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I'm wondering how long before Walt's cancer starts dragging him down again. I prefer irrational Walter and he is far more irrational when he's dying.
    yeah i DID enjoy "heisenberg" and his antics...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

faxy.. I love Jesse.. Though It was not love at first site. Love them all.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Two episodes ago a steamed Jesse was sitting in his hospital bed metaphorically grabbing Walt by the balls when I predicted a "bitchhh" out of his mouth right before he said it.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    faxy.. I love Jesse.. Though It was not love at first site. Love them all.
    He definitely got less annoying as the series progressed but I have no love for him.

Series highlight has to be Danny Trejo's head on a tortoise.

lol @ donkey sex he really can be that obvious at times.

lol, i have no idea what's going on...is tonight's episode really revolving around a fly? my gut tells me something ominous is 'bout to happen any second now.

edit: slowest episode ever in the history of cable television, i was this close to gnawing my arm off. i thought for sure Walt's gonna blab 'bout him seeing Jane die and Jesse's gonna fall off the ladder in shock/anger. nope, didn't happen. in fact, nothing ever happened.
    Last edited by bleep; 05-23-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Jesse is annoying, but I find his character (and look) endearing in weird way. I think it's because since Walt has come into his life, he really wants to be a good person. He's just hasn't figured out how.
    Always wear a helmut

Last episode showed how great these actors are to be able to carry an hour episode with pretty much one set piece. Brando-ish ala 'The Fugitive Kind'. Well done.

Wait donkey, so you think this episode was really just a vehicle for the actors to show off their talents?

That's some pretentious unnecessary shit right there. This episode was ridiculous. I thought it was directed by Gus Van Sant. This episode detracted from a great show and story that had a consistent and steady flow since the beginning. It adds little to nothing to the story. While I can see your point about how it makes the actors look all the more talented to be able to carry an entire episode it does absolutely nothing for the viewer and the series itself in my opinion.

There were some good moments. I can't wait to start using the phrase "gatorade me, bitch". There were also a few really tense scenes. I just think overall an episode like this detracts from the story. I just want to see the next episode now.

I think it did a lot for plot and character development. While not completely settling some issues between Walt and Jesse, it narrowed the dynamics of the relationship greatly. It was a "where we are up to now" event. We've seen quite a bit happen between these two, and frankly it was getting a little hard to keep it all straight and understand where each was coming from. From a story writing point of view, it recentered each character and laid the groundwork for whatever comes next. I like plot twist and unexplainable actions in a drama, but bravo to the writers for getting back to writing a solid story. I think they cleaned up a good bit of mess with this one.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

You needed a full hour of chasing a fly around a room to keep the story straight? I was following just fine and this entire series Walt and Jessie have changed how they feel about the business, their personal lives and their relationship over and over again and they did it without being isolated in a room for almost an entire episode chasing around a fly.

I didn't hate the episode I just think it was a whole lot of filler with some interesting sequences intertwined. I almost though it arched just like the Gus Van Sants movie "Jerry". Especially when we seemingly reached a climax with Walt hanging onto the rail and then falling. I was amazed his chest wasn't crushed from hitting the giant boiling vat.

I’m not saying the episode’s sole purpose was as a “vehicle” for the actors. Why masturbate for the sake of masturbating? Just saying that they succeeded in carrying an hour long show on one set, which can be difficult to do unless you have strong acting.

And I agree with Koryp that this wasn’t a wasted episode. It showed a lot of emotional depth. I mean, the events lately have been “bang bang bang” (Indian bros out for blood, Hank being shot, Skyler fucking her boss, etc.) we need to understand how Walt and Jesse are coping. Well, we find out Walt is breaking down without direction and Jesse is dialed in and manipulating his new situation. There was a lot of interesting subtleties too like when Jesse leaned in towards Mr. White in a moment of true personal concern and caring for him. And that particular moment was completely non-verbal. Great acting.

Because it was so stark, minimal, and plain, in that only the lab and no other characters besides Walt/Jesse were featured, I’m sure it's a controversial episode for fans of the show. Maybe the most of any of em. Love or hate…we still watch.

I can appreciate all of that, apparently I have some unresolved issues with the movie Jerry and Gus Van Sant lol. I'm just used to the faster pace the show had displayed in every other episode but you are making some good points and ultiamtely it didn't detract from the story, it just slowed it down a bit and now I can understand why that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

lazer tag, University of American Samoa, Gus and Walt breaking bread...ah, lots of chuckles tonight.

not sure how i feel about Skyler trying to insert herself into Walt's operation. but Jesse seems to be down to his last life, so i can see Walt being in need of a new business companion soon. Jesse's dumbness is infuriating, i'll be gobsmacked if he survives to the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bleep View Post
    lazer tag, University of American Samoa, Gus and Walt breaking bread...ah, lots of chuckles tonight.

not sure how i feel about Skyler trying to insert herself into Walt's operation. but Jesse seems to be down to his last life, so i can see Walt being in need of a new business companion soon. Jesse's dumbness is infuriating, i'll be gobsmacked if he survives to the next season.
    Gus is fucking scary. A fully vertically integrated operator with artistic approach to making a point.

I wasn't really that suprised about Skylar. The writers laid the backstory well with her participation in cooking the books at Beneke. She has shown her willingness to act in the morally grey when it meets her wants and needs.

Prepare to be gobsmacked. Jesse is gonna survive to create more mess yo!

Talking Re: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by donkey sex View Post
    I'm putting this one up in our NA clubhouse. Fucking sweet!

holy shit. i don't think i've ever laughed so hard out of shock. speechless.

That was the best episode I have seen in a long time. Fucking show is brilliant!!!
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff