Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: I'm From Barcelona

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default I'm From Barcelona

    Who else is STOKED for these guys? Seriously. They are one my most anticipated bands for not only Sunday, but for the whole festival. Seeing their name on the poster put a big smile on their face.

    For anyone who doesn't know these guys... they are 22 piece band from Sweden. Think the Polyphonic Spree, minus robes and even happier.

    Anyways, go see these guys. They are going to be so much fun live!


    All the people in this video are band members.


    Lollapalooza 07 was their first ever show in the US, and Coachella will actually be their fourth. Its a long intro, but its great. But if you REALLY want to... skip to 5:00, when the lead singer jumps intro crowd and scrowd surfs on an inflatable pool mat.

    We will all be from Barcelona!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  2. #2
    Member noisemachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara and East Bay Area
    Posts
    1,288

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    I'm pretty excited for them. I "discovered" them a while back when the radio station i program on got the CD and I decided to give it a listen since the name was catchy. I ended up really liking it and played it quite a bit on my show.

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,662

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    They are most definitely a must see for me.

  4. #4
    Member garrett222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I might be wrong
    Posts
    2,450

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    how is the album? are they more of a live experience, or is the whole album as good as, lets say, the vampire weekend cd?
    Upcoming Shows:

    Sasquatch Festival

  5. #5
    Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Citty upon a Hille
    Posts
    15,979

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    They were so much fun and so adorable at Lolla. More fun live than on album, because their music is really simple and the lyrics aren't anything to write home about but their enthusiasm is infectious in the best way possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,833

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    since they are playing on Sunday, I may see them, I dont have that many acts i wanna see that day.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  7. #7
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    There's no way I will miss I'm From Barcelona. I've gotten into them pretty heavy since the line up came out, and that's after a friend of mine recomended them heavily after Lolla last year.

    Of the new bands I've familiarized myself with so far this year, they're right at the top of my list next to MGMT on Saturday.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,967

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    They are great live - a real party atmosphere. If you've been to a Flaming Lips show in the last couple of years, it's a similar kind of vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  9. #9

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post

    For anyone who doesn't know these guys... they are 22 piece band from Sweden. Think the Polyphonic Spree, minus robes and even happier.
    happier than polyphonic spree? ill have to check them out

  10. #10
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Who else is STOKED for these guys? Seriously. They are one my most anticipated bands for not only Sunday, but for the whole festival. Seeing their name on the poster put a big smile on their face.

    For anyone who doesn't know these guys... they are 22 piece band from Sweden. Think the Polyphonic Spree, minus robes and even happier.

    Anyways, go see these guys. They are going to be so much fun live!


    All the people in this video are band members.


    Lollapalooza 07 was their first ever show in the US, and Coachella will actually be their fourth. Its a long intro, but its great. But if you REALLY want to... skip to 5:00, when the lead singer jumps intro crowd and scrowd surfs on an inflatable pool mat.

    We will all be from Barcelona!
    god, the gap between stage and audience is annoyingly distant. do photographers need that much room to work?? As far as the band goes, looks like a must see!
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  11. #11
    Member MonsoonSeason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Achewood, CA
    Posts
    2,091

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Quote Originally Posted by misterpickles View Post
    happier than polyphonic spree? ill have to check them out
    polyphonic is all sad and mopey now that they're decked out in army gear

    IFB is Sweden at its most blithe silliness--saw them right after matt & kim and they matched up so well
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    More people should be posting in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  13. #13

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    I thought I had found something fresh and new when I found out about them like 6 months ago.
    But frankly, they are an average, who cares?, kinda band.

  14. #14
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    I defintley want to see them basically because I want to be singing along to "We're From Barcelona."
    Does anyone else think they'll play on the main stage?
    COnsidering no other stage can contain them.

  15. #15

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Actually, you'll be singing along to "We're I'm From Barcelona" which is even better.

  16. #16
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    I defintley want to see them basically because I want to be singing along to "We're From Barcelona."
    Does anyone else think they'll play on the main stage?
    COnsidering no other stage can contain them.
    I can see them playing the main stage early in the day and tiring me out for the next few hours. But that doesn't sound so bad.

  17. #17
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Im guessing they are gonna play the Mojave actually. Its a tent yes... but the stage is still actually pretty big.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  18. #18
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Im guessing they are gonna play the Mojave actually. Its a tent yes... but the stage is still actually pretty big.
    That would be perfect. I'm seeing them regardless, they just look like a party.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,833

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Outdoor or Mainstage....ill put 10 bucks on them not being in the Mojave. Ill give u 3-1.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  20. #20
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Outdoor or Mainstage....ill put 10 bucks on them not being in the Mojave. Ill give u 3-1.
    Outdoor would be good and probably make more sense. The Mojave just seems like it would be really cool to see them in.
    But the chances of that are probably the same as seeing Battles in the Gobi...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,833

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Outdoor would be good and probably make more sense. The Mojave just seems like it would be really cool to see them in.
    But the chances of that are probably the same as seeing Battles in the Gobi...
    so....3-1 ok?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,119

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    I'll probably be there. Sunday is going to be conflict city in the evening, but there's only a few things low on the list I want to see.

  23. #23
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,125

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    i'm from barcelona might open the mainstage =(

  24. #24

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    just got "let me introduce my friends".. will definitely be seeing them

  25. #25
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Outdoor or Mainstage....ill put 10 bucks on them not being in the Mojave. Ill give u 3-1.
    Im going with outdoor theater
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  26. #26
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    Quote Originally Posted by RickeyinLA View Post
    Actually, you'll be singing along to "We're I'm From Barcelona" which is even better.
    Oops.
    Got the name wrong.

  27. #27
    Member indiekid89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    286

    Default Re: I'm From Barcelona

    I Am Looking Froward To Them!
    I <3 Their Song Britney!

Similar Threads

  1. I'm From Barcelona
    By The Sssnake in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •