Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where We Bitch About TicketBastard

Default Where We Bitch About TicketBastard

To lay down the backstory here...

I ordered my pass on presale day, as did my friends. Several days later, Ticketmaster called me to verify my billing address. I gave it to the gentleman over the phone, he read it back to me---everything was fine and dandy.

My friends get their tickets in the mail....But I don't. I wait. I wait some more. I call TicketBastard and they tell me to wait.

So I do.

I wait.

I check my order status online today, only to find that the douche who took down my address over the phone added THREE EXTRA DIGITS to my mailing address and had my apartment number wrong. (I live in #111, he put #231).

So, I call the goons at TicketBastard. The first woman I speak to apologizes and says she will transfer me so I can arrange for complementary UPS shipping for the replacement tickets.

I wait on hold, and Sir Grumpy picks up.

I tell him what the lady told me, and then...Blamo.

He tells me I cannot do that, that I must wait to see if someone returns the tickets to me yadda yadda yadda. I tell him that there is no way someone can return the tickets because said address doesn't exist on my street. He tells me I don't make sense and I have to wait. He says that "replacement tickets are impossible because they have a barcode."

"Wait," I say. "You have my order number, which means you have my barcode, which means you can disable the initial barcode and print me new tickets. I wouldn't be going through all this trouble if I already had my tickets in hand."

"We cannot do that. No replacement tickets can be made. They use barcodes."

"So you're telling me that because one of your phone operators fucked up my address, I won't get my tickets because you won't give me replacements when the first person I spoke to said I would be able to get new ones?"

"Yes."

"So you just conned me out of $300?"

"Tough luck, ma'am."

"You insolent bastard!"

I hung up the phone.

GODDAMNIT, TICKETMASTER. Go suck some hairy testicles.

Default Re: Where We Bitch About TicketBastard

You should call back and talk to another person, just start over.

This is same with any company. cable, cell phones, banks, etc. so annoying i know. keep trying for new person.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

'Tis my plan for tomorrow morning.

Right now, after 40+ minutes on hold, I really don't feel like getting back on the phone with those trolls.

Sucks. I took an extra long time entering my order because the order form said that the name and address had to match exactly. My credit card has a middle initial but the order form did not have a section to enter it in. I thought for sure they were going to kick mine back. Sorry to say in this conversation that they were at my PO Box this week. Just lucky I guess.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I always have problems because my billing zip code changed 6 years ago, but sometimes the billing address only works with the old one. Problem is, sometimes it only works with the new one too.

How did someone misinterpret 111 for 231? Sounds like some phone operator is pissy cuz he can't make it to Coachella...

no, they're pissy because the best job they can get is as a ticketmaster phone rep.

Unhappy Re: Where We Bitch About TicketBastard

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    To lay down the backstory here...

I ordered my pass on presale day, as did my friends. Several days later, Ticketmaster called me to verify my billing address. I gave it to the gentleman over the phone, he read it back to me---everything was fine and dandy.

My friends get their tickets in the mail....But I don't. I wait. I wait some more. I call TicketBastard and they tell me to wait.

So I do.

I wait.

I check my order status online today, only to find that the douche who took down my address over the phone added THREE EXTRA DIGITS to my mailing address and had my apartment number wrong. (I live in #111, he put #231).

So, I call the goons at TicketBastard. The first woman I speak to apologizes and says she will transfer me so I can arrange for complementary UPS shipping for the replacement tickets.

I wait on hold, and Sir Grumpy picks up.

I tell him what the lady told me, and then...Blamo.

He tells me I cannot do that, that I must wait to see if someone returns the tickets to me yadda yadda yadda. I tell him that there is no way someone can return the tickets because said address doesn't exist on my street. He tells me I don't make sense and I have to wait. He says that "replacement tickets are impossible because they have a barcode."

"Wait," I say. "You have my order number, which means you have my barcode, which means you can disable the initial barcode and print me new tickets. I wouldn't be going through all this trouble if I already had my tickets in hand."

"We cannot do that. No replacement tickets can be made. They use barcodes."

"So you're telling me that because one of your phone operators fucked up my address, I won't get my tickets because you won't give me replacements when the first person I spoke to said I would be able to get new ones?"

"Yes."

"So you just conned me out of $300?"

"Tough luck, ma'am."

"You insolent bastard!"

I hung up the phone.

GODDAMNIT, TICKETMASTER. Go suck some hairy testicles.
    Best of luck, hopefully you get your tickets in the end.
    I can sleep in till noon anytime I want
    Though there's not many days that I do
    Gotta get up and take on that world
    When your an adult it's no cliche it's the truth

wow, what a horrible story. i would ask for a supervisor immediately on the next call, and go as high up as you can...don't bother with the basic rep who answers the phone.

good luck though, seriously.

ask for a superviser if that dosent work put a stop payment on your cc to tm . and if all else fails ask them to put the tickets on print at home and cansal the other tickets.
    Last edited by cooperb1; 02-08-2008 at 07:50 PM.

kitt kat must have acted like a biatch on the phone....that's the most likely reason why the guy put 231 instead of 111.

You could also try Ticketmaster's email customer service. When they sent me the email with my tickets, the attachment wouldn't open. I wrote and explained what happened (with my confirmation number and everything), and about five minutes later I received a very apologetic email from someone in customer service with a new attachment. I was even more impressed because I emailed around 9:30 in the evening, and wasn't expecting to hear anything until the next day or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Banned

Jesus, WTF... go here.. 123 click done.

i promote scalping

Quote Originally Posted by alfie1 View Post

i promote scalping
    Fuck scalping, and you for recommending them. They're not the answer to anything, unless the question is "what company is even more worthless and evil than Ticketmaster?"
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

i promote scalping
    Yeah man you gotta be fucking joking all they do is buy tickets from ticketmaster and resell them at a way higher price.

sutbhub also charges a $20 shipping fee yikes!

I thought this was classy:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear Cpt. Funkaho,

You have received a new private message at Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival Message Board from alfie1, entitled "fuck off idiot".
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Why isn't he banned yet?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Psychic Friend, why hasn't Coachella gone the way of Bonnaroo and simply sell the tickets themselves? surely they have the infrastructure and man power to do so....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

agreements with ticketmaster. i'm sure tm has them by the balls. maybe the venue owner has the deal with ticketmaster, so gv is shit outta luck on that front.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    agreements with ticketmaster. i'm sure tm has them by the balls. maybe the venue owner has the deal with ticketmaster, so gv is shit outta luck on that front.
    I know Live Nation is going to go on their on very soon....isn't Goldenvoice and Live Nation connected somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

nope, goldenvoise is part of aeg.

Live Nation also bought House of Blues and i read somewhere that their contract with Ticketmaster is expiring in 2009 or thereabouts...someday we'll have a real ticketmaster alternative for concert tix, just hope this actually drives prices down, not up.

Smile Re: Where We Bitch About TicketBastard

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    You could also try Ticketmaster's email customer service. When they sent me the email with my tickets, the attachment wouldn't open. I wrote and explained what happened (with my confirmation number and everything), and about five minutes later I received a very apologetic email from someone in customer service with a new attachment. I was even more impressed because I emailed around 9:30 in the evening, and wasn't expecting to hear anything until the next day or two.
    KittKat I would do what roberto73 did and send Ticketmaster an e-mail to there customer service department. Calling would be the worst thing. You would get a rep on the phone and have to explain the situation again...then the supervisor would get on the phone and you have to explain yourself again...in the end they will have to look through there data base and look up all your information to see what happened. The problem can be researched by the supervisor and they can get a better answer back to you. Sounds like the supervisor you talked to on the phone just blew you off. They might have though it was fraud and made up some excuse as to why they could not send you out new tickets. Things get really sticky when they have all these different address (right or wrong) for you. He should have taken down your info and got back to you but in that time talking with you he made a snap judgment to get rid of you...that sucks! Hope you get this resolved.

I miss Dillards ticketing. Sure, you had to go down to the mall on Saturday mornings and wait in line on a loading dock, but the fees were, what, $2.00 flat?

The only thing ticketmaster has going for it is that it's huge and usually if an event is canceled I always get my money back.

I have had problems with smaller ticketing companies like groove tickets and want tickets of not being able to get my money back when an event goes wrong. Like that year that giant was canceled. My friends and I never got our money back...

Before computers lining up for tickets was way more annoying but definitely more fair than going on line and competing with ticket brokers from here to NY to get seats to an LA show.

Ticketmaster makes venues and promoters sign exclusivity agreements with them.

I remember when we use to have Tickettron.

And the bay area use to have their own indie ticketing system. Forget the name. Basstickets or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    And the bay area use to have their own indie ticketing system. Forget the name. Basstickets or something.
    Bass was connected with someone else, I think. It seems like I used to see ads that said "Available at all _________ and Bass ticket outlets." And I never lived in the bay area.

Maybe it was "Diamonds"...that's what Dillards used to be called, and they were the king around here, so I'm sure I would have heard that in ads.

I wonder what happened...it used to be that Ticketmaster only controlled a few tiny venues in Arizona. Dillards had everything else right up until the late 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Live Nation also bought House of Blues and i read somewhere that their contract with Ticketmaster is expiring in 2009 or thereabouts...someday we'll have a real ticketmaster alternative for concert tix, just hope this actually drives prices down, not up.
    This is true. LiveNation just sent me an extensive survey last week about Depeche Mode tickets. They're supposedly going on another tour in 2009 and I guess they're getting a feel for what kind of prices/things to offer with ticket purchases. Pre-sales, merchandise, fan clubs, backstage/rehearsal access. There's a lot of things that they're tossing around to make it a nice competitor to Ticketmaster. I also hope this ultimately drives ticket prices down.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

i promote scalping
    I seriously hope you get a text-book-picture-grade case of facial herpes.

ticketmaster is the devil,
    i learned this from last years will call debacle...

hey Kitt Kat good luck, keep trying until you get your tickets!

Good luck with TM, I would try the email route also (except sometimes the webpage with the email form does not work!)

I don't see that LiveNation would be any improvement over Ticketmaster. The Ticketmaster website is usually functional. I can't say that for LiveNation. They take over venues, and suddenly the very nice website for the venue is replaced by the tacky and basically non-functional LiveNation website. For instance, the Wiltern LG.