Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Science/Science News Thread.

Default Re: The Science/Science News Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Even if they can create these bubbles at a sub atomic level, they will certainly not behave te same way on a human sized scale.
    So it's best to pack up, go home, and not even try? That dual-major was money well-spent, you are one heck of scientist.

Unrelated EDIT: Sagitarius 3* (the supermassive blackhole our galaxy rotates around) belched out a stream matter superheated to 180 million degrees F after gobbling up surrounding matter. Fuck yeah. The next decade will be a feeding frenzy as a large dust cloud moves in and is wiped out by Sgr3*. Looking forward to those x-ray images.

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2...sal-black-hole
    Last edited by greghead; 10-24-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Jack, im not sure what you do, but do you really think it is prudent that people at nasa are working on technology that is not only questionable in terms of theory, but worthless in terms of practicality? They have only maybe seen this phenomena on the 10^-25 meter ish scale. All they are talking about is the data capture of a new type of inferometer, basically a em radiation defraction microscope. Why someone at nasa shot his entire nerd load all over a gizmoto article is scary to say the least.

Id like to ask him how they plan to compress spacetime when the plank quanta of space at 10^-35 m is the smallest unit of space possible...

Basically the entire concept is built on waaaaaaaaaaaay to many untested, untestable, and comeplete vague theories in the field of quantum mechanics (impossibly small) and they are claming that these type of phenomena can be replicated on a human scale? Complete bullshit.
    I'm not sure what you do either, but I do know it's not NASA science.

Of course this is only an attempt to prove a concept. They are trying to build warp field interferometers that work on incredibly tiny scales. Any comment you've seen where they hope to one day build something capable of transporting humans is, of course, obviously a vast extrapolation. If they can prove the concept in a tiny scale, then it stands to reason that when sufficiently large (and economical) power sources are available, it should be possible on a larger scale. And the technology could have massive impacts on the direction of technology even well before it ever reached that stage. And I'd love to see you ask those scientists who actually know what they're talking about whether your "plank [sic] quanta" question is comprehensible in context.

I'll bet 100 years ago some dude like you was telling people that general relativity was retarded because it's built on waaaaaay to many untested, untestable, and complate vague theories.
    Now you'll happily use your GPS and all the other shit built on it.

I can't access the article. I'd like to read it.

Gunz, add a colon after http. It's missing in that link
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Thank you, b.

I still find that technology unsettling. The article indicates that others do too, so why should I not be scared?

because they have found it unsettling and don't seem like they want to take it much further
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie

What's unsettling about it?

bad Uma Thurman movies
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

VigoTheCarpathian

only the best shit is unsettling

It's cool, gunz. I hate children and think they should suffer and struggle throughout their lives too.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    because they have found it unsettling and don't seem like they want to take it much further
    But it's only a matter of time until someone does.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    It's cool, gunz. I hate children and think they should suffer and struggle throughout their lives too.
    I get the possible benefit, but I have, since I was a little girl, been hyper aware of the potential for nightmares.

Coachella Junkie

VigoTheCarpathian

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Snort.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

VigoTheCarpathian

I hadn’t noticed that Hannah started this thread with that rewritable holography out of ASU. If anyone is interested in old school hand made laser to mirror holography, Dutch hobbyist Kris Meerlo is a hero. Here is some of his work:

Mr. Meerlo hangs out in these forums if you'd like to speak with him: http://holoforum.org/forum/

Lenticular is where its at now :

If any young computer savvy entrepreneur is interested in methods to produce lentiucular displays this here is an excellent resource : http://www.lenstar.org/
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 11-29-2012 at 01:03 PM.

VigoTheCarpathian

Also, if any one here is interested in Kinetic Art like this:

or distributed/swarm robotics like this :

PLEASE SPEAK UP !

To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    Also, if any one here is interested in Kinetic Art like this:

PLEASE SPEAK UP !
    This is 1,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better when I just scroll my mouse of the elapsed time bar. Thankfully I didn't waste my time or possibly money like those people watching it live. And you even see some of them move along before the piece is finished, HA!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

VigoTheCarpathian

that's the idea vajajay

I want to rip these last two video post off of youtube in highest format (1080p) - any nerds wanna chime in on how one can hacketh?

Using a mac
    OSX 10.6.8

Google Chrome is preferred browser, but have Safari and Firefox

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

So MIT is holding a free week long cold fusion seminar at the end of the month.

http://student.mit.edu/searchiap/iap...2852F4A61.html

Despite the complete lack of media attention, this is the biggest day for modern science in decades. Finally, after years and years of verified foreign independent testing, the mainstream scientific community is finally admitting that they suppressed the most important physical phenomenon that mankind has ever witnessed and criminally defrauded respectable scientists. FnP observed an anomaly over twenty years ago and were run out of the scientific community because what they observed didn't obey archaic and inaccurate "laws" of physics. Thank god that the big players in the game are admitting to the mistake, and perhaps the mainstream scientific community will finally fund LERN or cold fusion research so we can enter a new era of clean limitless energy.

If you want to read up on the last 20 years of cold fusion, this is a pretty good website to start.

http://www.e-catworld.com/

For a personal note, as a senior in undergrad school I wrote a summary article on the past 20 years of cold fusion experiments and the obvious fact that over 500 scientists all over the world were not involved in some giant hoax, and that these phenomena were misunderstood, but very real. It was hilarious that the dean of the chemistry department told me that the paper was good, but could never be brought up for publication because the topic was "controversial" and "unproven". This idiot could have helped me get that published and he would have been on the ground floor of the next technological revolution (3 years before MIT and NASA confirmed it), but instead was scared and encouraged me to write a paper about bio-diesel, a well funded science topic.

I wrote some rants about fantasy science and warp bubbles a few month ago and a lot of you guys didn't understand why I was so annoyed that we are spending millions to fund complete bullshit and special interests when the holy grail is in just out of grasp. It makes no sense, this technology has been suppressed by special interests (oil industry), and instead of scientists working to help humanity, they are working to help themselves or try to satisfy some inept viewpoint. Ah well, at least the page is finally turning on this nightmare, and maybe this country can actually put some money behind this and take us into the true new millennium.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

The cold fusion scam has been perpetrated before in case you don't remember.

but no I'm sure this is the real deal.

I wrote some rants about fantasy science and warp bubbles a few month ago and a lot of you guys didn't understand why I was so annoyed that we are spending millions to fund complete bullshit and special interests when the holy grail is in just out of grasp. It makes no sense, this technology has been suppressed by special interests (oil industry), and instead of scientists working to help humanity, they are working to help themselves or try to satisfy some inept viewpoint. Ah well, at least the page is finally turning on this nightmare, and maybe this country can actually put some money behind this and take us into the true new millennium.
    As I recall we didn't understand that frustration because you never voiced it, instead just going for generalities.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    The cold fusion scam has been perpetrated before in case you don't remember.

but no I'm sure this is the real deal.
    What?
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

So MIT is holding a free week long cold fusion seminar at the end of the month.

http://student.mit.edu/searchiap/iap...2852F4A61.html

Despite the complete lack of media attention, this is the biggest day for modern science in decades. Finally, after years and years of verified foreign independent testing, the mainstream scientific community is finally admitting that they suppressed the most important physical phenomenon that mankind has ever witnessed and criminally defrauded respectable scientists.
    Holy shit, where to start?

- Holding a seminar to discuss a hypothesis is not the same as agreeing the hypothesis is true.

- Scientific disagreement is not fraud.

- MIT and NASA have not "confirmed" cold fusion. They are merely agreeing to talk about it. This is not a new thing and the MIT seminar breaks no new ground:

Since 2006, the American Physical Society (APS) has included cold fusion sessions at their semiannual meetings, clarifying that this does not imply a softening of skepticism.
    Your brain must be a very lonely place. Well it would be if it weren't for all the conspiracy theories you have to keep you company.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.