Thread: guess who just bought a plane ticket to Palm Springs for April 25/29

Coachella Junkie

Default guess who just bought a plane ticket to Palm Springs for April 25/29

Me.

i'm officially going to coachella this year.

yes, I had to make a thread about it. This is awesome news (for me, at least).

oh, and I don't have a problem with this thread turning into a "silly picture sensation" thread.

proceed.
    Last edited by betao; 02-07-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Default Re: guess who just bought a plane ticket to Palm Springs for April 25/28

from where are you coming?

Default Re: guess who just bought a plane ticket to Palm Springs for April 25/28

There is nothing on the AP wire about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Coachella Junkie

I am venturing all the way from Richmond, Virginia. This will be my first coachella.

Default Re: guess who just bought a plane ticket to Palm Springs for April 25/29

Srsly? I thought you were a regular.
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: guess who just bought a plane ticket to Palm Springs for April 25/29

I joined the board last February when I read that RATM was reuniting. I didn't plan to stay long, but I found this board quite interesting in keeping up in the world of music (and, through this board, I have been introduced to alot of good music). I couldnt make it out to coachella last year (still in high school, didnt have money, and alot of other reasons), so I told myself last fall that I would do everything it took to go this year. As soon as I read Kraftwerk on the bill, I knew I would be going.

/\ Good stuff man.

Coachella Junkie

indeed. I am greatly looking forward to this experience, and hope that this weekend is the highlight of the year for me.

if i could go back in time, I would have done anything humanly possible to go in 2004.

aw man, first time is always the best.

You wont soon forget it!

i'm dragging a lot of my friends who havent gone before with me this year. Everyone's in for a quite a weekend
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

once you go you'll be hooked, see my signature...
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Coachella Junkie

oh i'm sure. I've only been to one music festival before, and that was V-fest last august. It was cool, but I expected a bit more.

I'm ready for the awesomeness that is coachella.

Seriously? You havent been to Coachella before?

I swear I thought you said you saw The Prodigy at Coachella 05?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie

nah, I saw the Prodigy in 06 when they did a small US tour. It was my favorite band ever, and my first real "concert". It was quite magical.

I do have prodigy's 05 coachella performance (the audio), in very good quality that I uploaded last novemember I think. Maybe thats where.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    oh i'm sure. I've only been to one music festival before, and that was V-fest last august. It was cool, but I expected a bit more.

I'm ready for the awesomeness that is coachella.
    This will be my first coachella too. Last year I couldn't make it cause of work. I did go to the Vfest in Baltimore too. It was ok... I had a bad experience with my hotel saturday night (they gave someone else our room) so sunday sucked. we got to the festival around 5 cause we didnt sleep shit. Did you have problems getting from the fest to your hotel after each night ended??? It was fucking insane. Baltimore sucks. Anyways, I have been wanting to go to Coachella since forever, but was to young/$$$ now that coming from ES is really expensive. Now I have enough money and have sweet talked tons of people to go with me. Had some friends convinced to spend the money, but then the lineup came up... and many where tremendously dissapointed. (take in mind that radio stations in my country don't play any indie music AT ALL). Still, i will be there with a couple of people, I'm counting the days to the fest. I just hope more artists get added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Coachella Junkie

We took a bus back to our hotel on the first night. The 2nd night we couldnt find a bus, so we took a cab instead. What bands did you check out at VFest?

saturday: Fratellis, Incubus, LCD Soundsystem (half of the set), Beastie Boys and the Police.
    sunday: Infected Mushroom, YYYs, Interpol and SP.
    It totally sucked that they placed SP, 311 and M.I.A. at the same time! Still, I had a great time, but I know that this year Coachella will forever spoil my festival experiences for the future.

Coachella Junkie

saturday, I caught Shout Out Out Out Out, Booka Shade, Petalpushers, Felix Da Housecat, LCD Soundsystem, a bit of Beastie Boys, and the Police

sunday I caught EITS, James Zabiela, Dieselboy, Infected Mushroom, some of TCM and Deep Dish, a bit of Wu-Tang and velvet revolver, and SP.

The SP, 311 and MIA conflict was easy for me - i didnt really care for MIA nor 311, and have a bit of an interest in SP (even though I didnt think they were all that great)

I had a good time, and since its only a 3 hour drive away, i'll probably go again next year if i like the lineup. i might also have a free place to stay in baltimore, so we'll see how that works out.

It really sucked that LCD played at 5pm and at the South Stage. They should have played the dance tent at night.

Coachella Junkie

I could not agree more. The crowd during their set sucked. Majorly. They were an act I was really looking forward to, and the crowd/setting ruined it. I would love to go see them again, but in an indoors venue where they are headlining.

Me.
    Awww...I was totally going to say you. Way to spoil the fun right off the bat.

Coachella Junkie

yeah, i try. sorry mate.

damn.. can't believe you have never been.. especially with a high post count like that.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

yeah that is crazy, you are going to have a great time. I went last year for the first with my younger brothers, this year they bailed because of money and the lineup. But i am draging some friends who have never been before.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Congrats Betao...Can the funny pictures start now?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Coachella Junkie

haha nice.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    damn.. can't believe you have never been.. especially with a high post count like that.
    you can thank boring and pointless classes in high school for my high post count.

fatboy slim is fucking in heaven.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I am venturing all the way from Richmond, Virginia. This will be my first coachella.
    what the hell? Dude, I thought you had been to at least one????
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Coachella Junkie

nope. Never said I had, maybe I mentioned somewhere that I hadnt, who knows.

but this will be my first, and I am getting more excited every day.