Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: greatest bands live according to spin.com

Lurker

Default Re: greatest bands live according to spin.com

GWAR
    Best 10 dollars I ever spent in my life. Blood cannons, ridiculous costumes, political/pop culture icons/giant alien monsters slayed in effigy. You really couldn't find a better way to spend 10 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyschmeck View Post
    GWAR
    Best 10 dollars I ever spent in my life. Blood cannons, ridiculous costumes, political/pop culture icons/giant alien monsters slayed in effigy. You really couldn't find a better way to spend 10 dollars.
    shitload of m & m's?

long bus journey?

several marker pens?

the list is endless

OK so i have seen greenday live and yes it was an amazing show but the same show i saw was seen by 3678647864723874897049 people all over the world the SAME show.So unoriginal i think they shuld have changed things up,like even the sets were pretty much the same

Paul is dead

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1642

What's the deal with everyone loving Tool live? I saw them at Download last year, and although admittedly I'm not a major fan (I like a couple of songs, Lateralus, Schism, the usual) I found the show to be plain boring. Maynard stood at the back of the stage behind some sort of prop, and the only conversation with the audience was some ramblings about how "you're all standing in piss". Was this a one-off bad show, or am I missing something?

Also, as I'm not really a big Radiohead fan (shock horror!), can someone tell me in like 10 words or less what is so amazing about their live shows, 'cus I'd love to see them, depsite not really being into them.
    Distortion 2002 - Download 2003 - Leeds 2004 - Glastonbury 2005 - Leeds 2005 - Download 2006 - Reading 2006 - Coachella 2007 - Reading 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    OK so i have seen greenday live and yes it was an amazing show but the same show i saw was seen by 3678647864723874897049 people all over the world the SAME show.So unoriginal i think they shuld have changed things up,like even the sets were pretty much the same
    Green Day now pales in comparison to Green Day of a decade ago.

In less than 10 words, they're not that great if you're not into them (9).

I'm trying to abstract myself from someone's point of view who's never heard "Karma police" or even "Creep", but unless you're into that stuff, there's nothing really there for you.

It's like going to see bloc party, or massive attack. Someone's done the show better, but the music is there if you like it, which sweetens the deal.

Daft Punk, on the other hand, made converts out of every single person I took with me to Coach last year. Anyone could have enjoyed that show, if you got close enough to see the lights.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I'd like to see Metallica on this list. Best live act I've ever seen and these days their sets are about 135 minutes. That takes some energy to play that fast for that long, breaks or not.