Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 59

Thread: Apple stage add?

  1. #1

    Default Apple stage add?

    I've been thinking for a while now on how Goldenvoice can improve Coachella. Obviously I think they've outdown themselves already with this lineup and I'm a nervous nelly just counting down the time until COACHELLA 2008!!!! (I would capitalize "2008" if only there were a way. Anyhow, I figured with Heinekin already a sponsor, it would make total sense to add someone new that could afford to actually "sponsor" an entire stage. I've got to hand it to Steve Joves and his marketing team...there iphone commercials really hit me where it tickles if you know what I mean. Wouldn't it be incredible to have an entirely new stage and feature all the up and coming bands from there commericals. That girl bad with all the "music is my hot, hot (expletive)", all the dreamy loopy stuff that the bands that sing them could play at sunset. What do you all think?

  2. #2
    Member Leckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    if they gave out free apple stuff then i'd be down

  3. #3

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Who is Steve Joves??? Is he anything like Steve Jobs???

  4. #4

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    No room for more stages. No need for more sponsors. That "girl bad" you mention is called CSS and they played last year. You sound like a 15 year old.

  5. #5
    old school invisiblerobots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: Apple stage add?


  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    The Apple Stage? Are you kidding?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,712

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    I would welcome CSS repeating this year. 100 times more deserving than Hot Chip.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  8. #8

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    I think you guys misunderstood.

  9. #9
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,887

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I would welcome CSS repeating this year. 100 times more deserving than Hot Chip.
    QF fucking T
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  10. #10

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    this is the worst idea i've ever heard. one of the reasons coachella is so great is that its not a giant corporate sell out with billboards all over. its nice to have 3 days out of the year where you dont have some kind of marketing shoved in your face from every angle.

    edit: and yes, i know there is heineken, but thats minimal.

  11. #11
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggbird View Post
    I think you guys misunderstood.

    Enlighten us .... your first post was comedy GOLD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  12. #12
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Who is Steve Joves??? Is he anything like Steve Jobs???
    Steve Jones - guitarist sex pistols, Hosts Jonesys Juke Box on indie 103 Los Angeles
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  13. #13
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I would welcome CSS repeating this year. 100 times more deserving than Hot Chip.
    agree to disagree?
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  14. #14
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggbird View Post
    I've been thinking for a while now on how Goldenvoice can improve Coachella. Obviously I think they've outdown themselves already with this lineup and I'm a nervous nelly just counting down the time until COACHELLA 2008!!!! (I would capitalize "2008" if only there were a way. Anyhow, I figured with Heinekin already a sponsor, it would make total sense to add someone new that could afford to actually "sponsor" an entire stage. I've got to hand it to Steve Joves and his marketing team...there iphone commercials really hit me where it tickles if you know what I mean. Wouldn't it be incredible to have an entirely new stage and feature all the up and coming bands from there commericals. That girl bad with all the "music is my hot, hot (expletive)", all the dreamy loopy stuff that the bands that sing them could play at sunset. What do you all think?
    So you want to commercialize coachella to the point where each stage is owned by a corporate sponsor?? and then GV would have to choose bands based on the marketing schemes of musically illiterate board members?? what are you saying? and even if there are good bands on the this one marketing scheme it wouldnt last forever. and I hate that css song not one of their best.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  15. #15

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    this is the worst idea i've ever heard. one of the reasons coachella is so great is that its not a giant corporate sell out with billboards all over. its nice to have 3 days out of the year where you dont have some kind of marketing shoved in your face from every angle.

    edit: and yes, i know there is heineken, but thats minimal.

    How can you say heineken is minimal? They are probably a multimillion dollars company?????

  16. #16

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggbird View Post
    How can you say heineken is minimal? They are probably a multimillion dollars company?????
    Dude. Seriously. What he means is that although they are a sponsor, their logo isn't plastered all over the polo grounds.

    Just stop posting anymore for your own good.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggbird View Post
    How can you say heineken is minimal? They are probably a multimillion dollars company?????
    as mandelbaum already said...minimal meaning the advertising you see for heineken inside of the festival grounds is minimal. and i think everybody would like to keep it that way.

  18. #18
    Member Psicosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    338

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    They need a Microsoft tent playing this over and over again..

    Up Next: Cobra Starship, Gogol Bordello, Talib Kweli & Jean Grae

  19. #19
    old school leo01g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,310

    Default Re: Apple stage add?



    I think this thread deserves this pic

  20. #20
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,660

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    I think you're right

  21. #21
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psicosis View Post
    They need a Microsoft tent playing this over and over again..
    A Microsoft tent would be 8 times larger than it needed to be, require you to rebuild it every morning and have several holes in it large enough to pass a smuggled ostrich through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Egg doesn't know what he's talking about - you have to have a beer sponsor to keep it real, and Heinken sells a lot of beer so excuse me for living. It is to late to add Apple this year (hello? 2009?) but those commercials with Justin Long kill me to death they are so funny. We're not gonna get free iPods so get over it. Justin doesn't need anymore money so if your all committed to it, let's petition GV to get him to do it for free (I'm offering to lead this cause); he is in some good movies right now. Apple has a pretty good image and I think a lot of people want this. I want this.

  23. #23
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,062

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    No thanks. What a shitty idea.

  24. #24
    Member Astrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    831/805
    Posts
    1,582

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    what if for like a little gimicky ha ha they also gave away Reaaaal apples for all the granola hippies. and oh my god. genius.


  25. #25
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus 7 Wolf Power Corn View Post
    It is to late to add Apple this year (hello? 2009?) but those commercials with Justin Long kill me to death they are so funny.
    are those the ones with the 2 dudes that say "im a mac, and im a pc"?

    god, if so, i already know you are semi retarded after reading one post. please dont post anymore.

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    are those the ones with the 2 dudes that say "im a mac, and im a pc"?

    god, if so, i already know you are semi retarded after reading one post. please dont post anymore.

    seriously....I hate those fucking commercials......and since that Justin whatever guy has been cast as a smug, uppity little prick "Mac" I never want to see his face again
    '99-'11...

  28. #28
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,062

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    macs are too pretentious for me

  29. #29
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggbird View Post
    How can you say heineken is minimal? They are probably a multimillion dollars company?????
    I dont see a Heineken stage anywhere on the grounds do you? Yeah, they are the beer sponsor, yes you will see some signs and stuff, but thats it. Why do we need an Apple stage? This isnt Lolla or ACL where any major corporation can just ask and they will make a stage for them. Also, for those 2 festivals it keeps prices down cause lord knows how much it would cost if they didnt have so much sponsorship backing. And C3 is the company who handles both of those festivals too, wonder why they need the sponsors so bad.

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Apple stage add?

    is it not enough that good indie bands we used to like have had to whore out there music to corporations to use in in commercials imploring us to mindlessly consume? I get sick every time I hear a song I formerly enjoyed on a commercial.....CSS??? Feist? I have to skip Walken on Sky Blue Sky every time now

    now I get ill when I hear Walk on the Wild Side....et tu, Lou Reed?
    '99-'11...

Similar Threads

  1. FIONA APPLE
    By mchertron in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-22-2013, 01:34 PM
  2. Fiona Apple
    By faxman75 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 11:36 AM
  3. Apple Drops Price Of Non-DRM'ed Songs
    By Cpt. Funkaho in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 04:49 PM
  4. New Apple Ipod?
    By brando4n82 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 256
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:31 PM
  5. New: Apple iPhone Commercial
    By elChurro in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •