Thread: Temple of the Dog

Default Temple of the Dog

Temple of the dog..... discuss

Default Re: Temple of the Dog

I think they played one show...ever.

I used to live within sight of a Purina plant...my roommate called it The Temple Of The Dog.

i'm growing hungraaaaay

Tacoma world theater June 15 91

Temple of the dog
    Tad
    Gas huffer
    rhino humpers

tacoma wa.

i was 13

I can see why the havent reunite because of A.Wood but they can turn it into a charity thing like pearl jam is so fond of.

It would be bad ass

on a related note, there's a pearl jam bootleg out there where they played hunger strike - they didnt complete the song - i think it was an intro to daughter, or another one of the songs that they play extended versions of. Either way, he starts off by saying, "dont tell anyone we did this". I mean, temple of the dog is basically pearl jam with chris cornell as lead singer and eddie singing occasional backup vocals. pearl jam is one of my favorite bands of all time, and i like TOTD fine, but if i had my choice, it would be Pearl Jam as the add, with cornell (who by the way, is a total douche) appearing midway through footsteps in the encore to fill in the lyrics to "Times of Trouble" by TOTD (same melody, for those who dont know). Then they'd follow up with pushin forward back, hunger strike, and end the night with say hello to heaven and yellow ledbetter.

More on TOTD from Wiki:
    At a Pearl Jam show on October 28, 2003, Chris Cornell joined them on-stage effectively re-uniting the band (Matt Cameron had been the drummer of Pearl Jam since 1998) for renditions of "Hunger Strike" and "Reach Down".[15] The version of "Reach Down" recorded that night later appeared on Pearl Jam's annual Ten Club Christmas Single that year. Pearl Jam has also been known to perform "Hunger Strike" live without Cornell on rare occasions.[16][17]

it would be cool.... but they would never put Temple of the Dog on the lineup......It would be Pearl Jam w/ Chris Cornell.
    aaaaaahhhgagagagagagagagoooooooo

yea it would be pretty cool, i'd watch. i'd take pearl jam too tho.

Quote Originally Posted by bludevil007 View Post
    More on TOTD from Wiki:
    At a Pearl Jam show on October 28, 2003, Chris Cornell joined them on-stage effectively re-uniting the band (Matt Cameron had been the drummer of Pearl Jam since 1998) for renditions of "Hunger Strike" and "Reach Down".[15] The version of "Reach Down" recorded that night later appeared on Pearl Jam's annual Ten Club Christmas Single that year. Pearl Jam has also been known to perform "Hunger Strike" live without Cornell on rare occasions.[16][17]
    Rare ocassions? didn't they performed Hunger Strike lots of times when they toured with Sleater-Kinney?, Eddie even got Corin Tucker to sing with him, I saw them play that song 3 shows in a row...

Rhino Humpers....that brings back Barenjager soaked memories.

Gas Huffer was a pretty good band.

vomit
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Memorial_07

this was just a tribute band to a dead friend.
    i forgot the friend's name.

Andrew Wood...and Temple of the Dog would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    this was just a tribute band to a dead friend.
    i forgot the friend's name.
    His name was Adrew Wood and he was the lead singer of Mother Love Bone who Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament also played in...Mother Love Bone was the first seattle grundge band to take off and open the doors for Soundgarden, Nirvana and Pearl Jam...Pearl Jam developed from the remaining members of Mother Love Bone with Eddie Veder taking position of vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by el chango View Post
    Rare ocassions? didn't they performed Hunger Strike lots of times when they toured with Sleater-Kinney?, Eddie even got Corin Tucker to sing with him, I saw them play that song 3 shows in a row...
    I've seen pearl jam over 25 times, including during that tour, and have never heard them play that song - not even the beginning of it. So it must be at least somewhat rare. I dunno...i believe you if you say you saw it, but then you are one of the lucky few.

ya, apparently they played it during several shows in the 2003 tour. i just happened to not be at any of them.

my friends mom saw them at some club called the vogue in seattle. and used to see motherlovebone and all those other people allt he time. she keeps telling me stories about how she watched alice in chains play at a skating rink and how itd be a weekened deal to go see soundgarden and pearl jam down at this litle club called the offramp. im a little jealous.
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

aaaanddd immmm grroooooooowwwwwiinn' hunnngraaaaayyyyy
    sooooooooooooooo hunnnngraaaaaaayyyyyyyy uhghghghghghhghghghghghhg
    annnnndd immmm grrrrrroooooooowwwwuuunnn hunnnnnngraaaaaaayyyy
    SOOOOOOO HUNNNNGRAAAAAAYYYYYY UGHGGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHG
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    i'm growing hungraaaaay
    i dont care...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

I bought that cd.

I don't miiind stealing brayyyyyd from the mouths of decadehhhhhhhhhhhnce ya uhhhh huhhhh

but I can't feed on the powerlesssss when mah cup's alreadayyyy ovahfayeellllld aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh huhhhhhh

Sure, why the hell not!

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    my friends mom saw them at some club called the vogue in seattle. and used to see motherlovebone and all those other people allt he time. she keeps telling me stories about how she watched alice in chains play at a skating rink and how itd be a weekened deal to go see soundgarden and pearl jam down at this litle club called the offramp. im a little jealous.
    your friend's mom is hot

Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    Andrew Wood...and Temple of the Dog would be fantastic.
    Still one of my favorite records of the nineties. Solid from open note to close note (And no, "Hunger Strike" wasn't what this record was all about). This would be a cool reunion to pull off. I'd pull up a piece of lawn for it. And maybe throw on some flannel or something.

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    the ok hotel was a classic joint!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bludevil007 View Post
    I've seen pearl jam over 25 times, including during that tour, and have never heard them play that song - not even the beginning of it. So it must be at least somewhat rare. I dunno...i believe you if you say you saw it, but then you are one of the lucky few.
    Wow... then I'm really lucky, I even have it on a bootleg!

Chris Cornell Rocks The Pepsi 500 At Auto Club Speedway

The iconic Chris Cornell, ranked one of the best voices in music history, will perform at the Auto Club Speedway Miller Lite Rock N’ Racing concert on Sunday, August 31, 2008, prior to the running of the Pepsi 500. Cornell will play in the Speedway’s Opportunity, California FanZone at 2:30 p.m. on race day, and admission to the concert is free for all Pepsi 500 ticket holders.
    “Chris Cornell becomes the latest rock and roll icon and Grammy award winner to entertain the fans at Auto Club Speedway, and I am thrilled that NASCAR fans will have an opportunity to see him live at the Pepsi 500 this Labor Day weekend at the Miller Lite Rock N’ Racing concert,” said Auto Club Speedway president Gillian Zucker. “He is an amazing singer and a great songwriter, and we are looking forward to hearing both his classic hits and songs from his recent solo albums. I’m also hoping we’ll get a preview of his new album, a collaboration with super-producer, Timbaland, which will be released this fall.”

An innovator who resists genre labels, Cornell was the chief architect of the 90s grunge movement. He has successfully maintained his own unique identity for more than two decades as a multi-Grammy award-winning musician and universally acclaimed singer, songwriter and lyricist for Seattle trailblazers, Soundgarden, his celebrated side project Temple Of The Dog and the multi-platinum supergroup Audioslave. Find out more about Chris Cornell at his website, www.chriscornell.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.