Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 780 of 1014

Thread: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

  1. #751
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    ya, Radio Retaliation does sound like world music. hence, in my opinion, it is their weakest work.

    thievery are at their best when they play an extended late-night set, at a small club, with their full lineup of singers.
    ... Like Vegoose 2007 - House of Blues Late night set? Started at like 1 a.m. went to 4 ish? BY FAR the best I have ever seen Thievery. Anyone else there? Am I wrong?

    Saw the bowl show last year too. Thought it was really good (not amazing), but what I remember most was they were on for less than an hour I think. It seemed like it was 10 pm and it was time to go home... wierd. DEFFINITELY more of a late night, dirty, filthy, bump & grind, in a small, over crowded, sweaty club, type of group.

    As far as Radio Retaliation - try starting the album at track 7 and let it play out. Those are all pretty much classic Thievery Tracks. The first 6 are classic ThievMEHry tracks.

  2. #752
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    8,821

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Jazzanova is doing a DJ Set at Chop Suey next Friday for around $15 and I wondered if this was something worth checking out?
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/01 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

  3. #753
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Sorry if this is in here already, but I've been liking it. Emancipator - Soon it will be cold enough. Enjoy.

    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mxtiozndcjy

  4. #754
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    8,821

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Casino Logic View Post
    Sorry if this is in here already, but I've been liking it. Emancipator - Soon it will be cold enough. Enjoy.

    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mxtiozndcjy
    I came across him via MySpace around 3 years ago and I sure am glad that I did, very cool stuff.
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/01 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

  5. #755
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    To lazy to research, but I think this album just came out in September and I thought it was his first one. Do you know of any other Emancipator stuff I should be listening to? 'Cause yeah I'm hungry for more. Thanks!

  6. #756
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    8,821

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Casino Logic View Post
    To lazy to research, but I think this album just came out in September and I thought it was his first one. Do you know of any other Emancipator stuff I should be listening to? 'Cause yeah I'm hungry for more. Thanks!
    His album has been around for awhile, but was just released by a label in the US this September. I purchased my hard copy directly from him a couple of years ago. He has a great Sigur Ros / Mobb Deep (Shook) mash up available for download here and an okay Crosses mash up available here
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/01 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

  7. #757
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Ohhh sick. Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping for.

  8. #758
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    His album has been around for awhile, but was just released by a label in the US this September. I purchased my hard copy directly from him a couple of years ago. He has a great Sigur Ros / Mobb Deep (Shook) mash up available for download here and an okay Crosses mash up available here
    Like the Sigur Deep mash up, classic Emancipator. Was liking the Crosses mix and then Missy jumped in and kind of scared me a little bit. Thanks again though.

    Anyone got a Port Royal-Dying In Time download for me? Is it worth buying? Thanks!

  9. #759

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    CASINO VS. JAPAN and TYCHO in NY 12/13 damn wish I could be there.

  10. #760
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    BAH! Me too!

  11. #761
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Casino Logic View Post
    Anyone got a Port Royal-Dying In Time download for me? Is it worth buying? Thanks!
    It is totally worth buying.

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzz View Post
    CASINO VS. JAPAN and TYCHO in NY 12/13 damn wish I could be there.
    Fuck me! That would be an amazing show.
    For your health

  12. #762
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    It is totally worth buying.


    Fuck me! That would be an amazing show.
    Thanks! I may have to breakdown and buy it. I've heard nothing, but great things. Also, I think I have your High Times mix from a year ago? I totally love that mix. if you got any more I am all ears. Thanks!

    Tripple Ditto on that show!
    I was thinking this morning Coachella should have a late night IDM-Downtempo-Ambient in The Dome. I think I will start a thread in the Wishlist section. There are soooo many artists that we talk about in this thread and virtually none of them will find a place at Coachella. Late night would be A-Maze-Ing!

  13. #763
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    i hate tycho but i'd like to see casino vs japan.

    i don't think 'idm,' downtempo and ambient would be a good combination for the dome. people want to party after the festival, and a late night ambient set would put them to sleep in 10 minutes. something more realistic could be splitting sets between dubstep and 'idm' artists late night in the dome.

    obviously we are talking about not too big artists on those genres. the big guys might well play in any of the tents.

  14. #764
    Young blood
    Guest

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    'idm,' downtempo and ambient would be perfect at sunset.

  15. #765
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Anybody here see Squarepusher live before? I saw him at the now-defunct Hollywood Athletic Club 6 years ago and it was completely insane, probably the loudest show I have ever been to. Him rockin' out on the bass is nuts

    Also, Luke Vibert opened up and that was great too
    yeah i saw him a few years ago (05 probably?). it was a on a tuesday and the place was surprisingly packed. cassetteboy opened the show, then ceephax came up. those acid lines were amazing. good times.

  16. #766
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    i hate tycho but i'd like to see casino vs japan.

    i don't think 'idm,' downtempo and ambient would be a good combination for the dome. people want to party after the festival, and a late night ambient set would put them to sleep in 10 minutes. something more realistic could be splitting sets between dubstep and 'idm' artists late night in the dome.

    obviously we are talking about not too big artists on those genres. the big guys might well play in any of the tents.
    Honestly, that was the first thing I thought. Then I remembered the late night Dub Step and I remembered more than half of the people litteraly laying down on the ground. I definitely hear you, but after I have walked 20 miles and danced another 10, it would not be the worst thing in the world to just Chill for a couple of hours.

    I think you could have 1 or 2 of the bigger acts play the late night too. I think we saw that last year with a couple of artists that played the tent during regular hours and then played the dome late night.

  17. #767
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Casino Logic View Post
    Thanks! I may have to breakdown and buy it. I've heard nothing, but great things. Also, I think I have your High Times mix from a year ago? I totally love that mix. if you got any more I am all ears. Thanks!

    Tripple Ditto on that show!
    I was thinking this morning Coachella should have a late night IDM-Downtempo-Ambient in The Dome. I think I will start a thread in the Wishlist section. There are soooo many artists that we talk about in this thread and virtually none of them will find a place at Coachella. Late night would be A-Maze-Ing!
    Thanks! I actually was pretty fond of that mix. I have done a couple of other comps for people, so maybe I can post one of those. I will try to do another in the near future. I love putting them together but I hate compiling the mp3s.

    I'd love for Coachella to go back to its 1999 roots with the IDM/Downtempo acts. Thinking that I could have had the opportunity to see so many amazing acts really depresses me.
    For your health

  18. #768
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,575

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Tycho and CvJ in the same place that ISNT in my neighborhood just isnt fair.

  19. #769
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Thanks! I actually was pretty fond of that mix. I have done a couple of other comps for people, so maybe I can post one of those. I will try to do another in the near future. I love putting them together but I hate compiling the mp3s.

    I'd love for Coachella to go back to its 1999 roots with the IDM/Downtempo acts. Thinking that I could have had the opportunity to see so many amazing acts really depresses me.
    Yeah it's a great mix, thanks for putting it together. Anything else you can throw out is much appreciated.

  20. #770
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    8,821

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Casino Logic View Post
    Like the Sigur Deep mash up, classic Emancipator. Was liking the Crosses mix and then Missy jumped in and kind of scared me a little bit. Thanks again though.
    I don't know where you live, but The Emancipator is going to be in SF on November 21st for a Disco Biscuits Afterparty at the Kelly's Mission Rock Cafe. There are two afterpartys in all, the other one is at 1015 Folsom. I know the guy who founded Noetic Productions, he's a major deadhead who loves electronic music. Here's the info:

    NOETIC PRODUCTIONS IS AT IT AGAIN FOLKS!!! You have been patient and we all know it is a virtue! We have 2 nights set up with the Official Bisco Late Nights! 11/20/09 AND 11/21/09 in San Francisco.

    Night one will be held at 1015 Folsom and night two will be held at the Mission Rock Cafe!! The line up is amazing so come out and let's get down! Over the two nights we will have amazing DJ's, Producers, and Bands!

    We are proud to announce that Friday Night at 1015 Folsom we will be having none other than CONSPIRATOR headlining the late night!!! And also M-80 Dubstation on saturday night.
    With HUGE support from the bay and beyond!

    Over the two nights we will have an amazing lineup consisting,

    Conspirator
    M-80 Dubstation
    Alex B- from Pnuma Trio
    Emancipator
    KJ Sawka
    Knowsleep-sleepyhead and KnowANoOne.
    Ripple
    Bogl
    John Holiday
    Ultraviolet
    Spit Brothers
    Antibiotik
    Cosmic Selector
    Dr. Dylon
    Mihkal
    Blackheart
    Rastatronics
    Zombie J
    Mycho Pan Cocoa
    Skulltrane
    El Diablo
    Dr Knobz
    Carly D
    Clay
    Chlorophil
    Aire Redtree

    there are more artists joining us so hang on for those names but we will be rocking out each night starting at 10pm and going till 5am!!!! Presale will be available at www.inticketing.com

    There will be live art, live performance (aerial and dance), vendors, and more surprises to come! If you buy both tickets in advance we will have a deal for both nights.
    More details coming very soon on that as well!
    Noetic is also teaming up with a wonderful charity. Both nights are a charity event to benefit the BEATS FOR PEACE PROJECT. We know with all our work and all of your help we can really make a difference and help this wonderful charity grow!

    We here at Noetic Productions have always had the fans in mind. And your good time is our #1 priority so be ready for a long crazy night of full stimulation!! We will also be running shuttle service from the Fillmore to the Mission Rock on Saturday. So please come join us and lets rage the night away!!

    WAKE UP AND RAGE!!!!!!!!
    http://sanfrancisco.tribe.net/event/...ge=%24thispage
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/01 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

  21. #771
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    I am just finishing up Yagya's Rigning album, and holy shit is it fantastic! Anyone check this out yet?
    For your health

  22. #772
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,500

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Anyone got any recommendations for me to get started on Squarepusher?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  23. #773
    Coachella Junkie fikus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    8,821

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/01 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

  24. #774
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    I don't know where you live, but The Emancipator is going to be in SF on November 21st for a Disco Biscuits Afterparty at the Kelly's Mission Rock Cafe. There are two afterpartys in all, the other one is at 1015 Folsom. I know the guy who founded Noetic Productions, he's a major deadhead who loves electronic music. Here's the info:


    Thanks for the head's up! I'm in San Diego and heading up there the following week for Thanksgiving so I won't be making this show, but I would like to catch something exactly like this while I am up there.

  25. #775
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I am just finishing up Yagya's Rigning album, and holy shit is it fantastic! Anyone check this out yet?
    it's an enjoyable album. i like the atmosphere and melodies more in this one than in 'will i dream during this process.'

  26. #776
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations for me to get started on Squarepusher?
    hard normal daddy
    feed me weird things
    go plastic
    big loada

  27. #777

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    hard normal daddy
    feed me weird things
    go plastic
    big loada
    < Ultravisitor

  28. #778
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    eh, if you are referring to it as a better album than the rest, you are wrong. it might be his most complete album but it's not his best.

    if you are referring to it as a better album to start with, i can see your point.

  29. #779
    Member Daft Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,747

    Talking Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    Nosaj Thing XLR8R Podcast 11/19/2009

    http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2009/11...-things-la-mix

    01 Teebs "My Whole World" (Brainfeeder)
    02 Flying Lotus "Unreleased"
    03 Free The Robots "La Lune" (Alpha Pup)
    04 Tokimonsta "Doing It My Way"
    05 Exile "Summer Sun (Take Remix)" (Plug Research)
    06 The Gaslamp Killer "Anything Worse" (Brainfeeder)
    07 Ras G "Disco 4000"
    08 Daedelus "LA Nocturn" (Friends of Friends)
    09 Samiyam "My Buddy"
    10 Kab & Tully "Unreleased" (My Hollow Drum)
    11 Teebs "Unreleased"
    12 Nosaj Thing "Us" (Alpha Pup)
    13 Flying Lotus "Camel (Nosaj Thing Remix)" (Warp)
    14 Nosaj Thing "Ice Cube Remix"

    NT @ PF:




    anywho..., anyone listen to Solar Fields or Wisp? they are blowing my mind currently~

  30. #780
    Young blood
    Guest

    Default Re: The IDM & Downtempo Lounge

    That xlr8r mix was terrible, I expected more from Nosaj Thing.

Similar Threads

  1. Caco's Trailer Lounge
    By caco0283 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 08:03 AM
  2. Who's Better? Music Lounge or Misc. Lounge?
    By fatbastard in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 12:10 AM
  3. Superstars of Lounge
    By mob roulette in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 10:30 AM
  4. the Lounge is hopping today...
    By crazzz2007 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 01:05 PM
  5. Lounge Against The Machine
    By HorrorLibraryNet in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 04:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •