Thread: Palm Desert Hotels

Default Palm Desert Hotels

Looking at the hotels listed on the Coachella site, most hotels are already sold out (and their front desk people are sick of hearing from us, lol!). Still, there seem to be a lot of hotels listed in the "12 miles to venue" section, in Palm Desert.

Sooooo, anyone booked anything within that 12 mile radius? Has anybody ever stayed at or heard anything about the Casa Larrea resort, or any of these other hotels listed in Palm Desert?

First timer here, so if you can't get a hotel in Indio itself, is it just as well to go further out to Thousand Palms, Rancho Mirage, Cathedral City, Cabazon or Palm Springs?

Default Re: Palm Desert Hotels

I haven't looked today, but Hotwire.com had some stuff on Saturday in Palm Springs , Palm Desert & Rancho Mirage. Not cheap, but nice, and a good deal compared to some of the rack rates.

I had reserved a Motel 6 in Palm Springs just in case, because I didn't want to buy a non-refundable room before things were settled. They were charging $90. I wound up getting into the Westin Mission Hills Resort for $150. Ten times nicer, and 8 or 9 miles closer. That "Heavenly Bed" is going to feel nice.

Hotwire had a $46 rate up right before the lineup was announced...I knew I should have just gambled on it.

Yeah I'll have to go check out Hotwire.com and see if they feel like cutting us a break again, hahah I do feel like I'm scrambling to get a good place at a decent price though.

Hey you should feel pretty good about that 150 "heavenly bed"! I called Westin Mission Hills today and the prices were: 1 King for $365 + $20 resort fee; 1 King Deluxe for $415 + fee; 2 Queens for $365 +fee, or a King Suite w/ Sofa for $440 +fee. Even the booking agent was surprised at the higher prices and said "there must be something going on that weekend". Hmpf!

Palm Desert is fine. Trust me..driving from Palm Desert to Indio isn't bad at all. Just go down Highway 111 until you hit Washington or Jefferson. Take a right onto either of the streets and you will start hitting the numbered avenues.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    I raped three children, did heroin, harrassed a horse, set fire to an emo kid, and stole a cart of churros.

THIS TRULY IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!

Thanks Adam!

Quote Originally Posted by ayla123 View Post
    Thanks Adam!
    No problem. Enjoy your stay in the desert!
    Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    I raped three children, did heroin, harrassed a horse, set fire to an emo kid, and stole a cart of churros.

THIS TRULY IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!