Thread: The Dome this year? Any Ideas?

Default The Dome this year? Any Ideas?

Last year, as me and my G/F were walking around we went into the dome close to the food court and we saw this Ramone look alike deejaying. I was like "who is this ramone poser wannabe?" only to realize that it was the real deal....it was Marky Ramone....next up, was Andy Rourke of The Smiths...followed by Lady Miss Kier of Deelite...all of which were not on the bill. Being a huge Smiths fan, this was for sure a big highlight for me....I even got to take pictures with Marky and Lady miss kier!!! any ideas who will be at that dome this year?? anyone?
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

Default Re: The Dome this year? Any Ideas?

I dig your avatar.

I think I'm actually going to spend more time in the Dome this year, kinda irritated that I missed out on two of my favorite bassists (Rourke, David J)...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I'm curious about the dome too, they always have a few surprises in there.

i,ll check the dome out too

Last year was the biggest one...I wonder if it will be the same scale with all the color tiles or if they'll do something dif?

Hope it is slightly different this year it did not have the same vibe it had in '06which was amazing.

cut chemist destroyed my soul last year. was one of the highlights for me for sure just to watch his hands go go go.

While everyone walked toward Madonna in 06 I walked in the opposite direction, noticing the oasis dome I thought to myself, "hey its my last night at coachella for a year and Ive been puting off the dome until now, Im going in!" At first I just stood by the entrance and moved a bit to the music, then I sat on the first level gogo box, then moved up and sat on the 2nd level box soon I was standing and dancing on the top box, aviators on led belt scrolling between really good looking women in bikini tops, ahhh. I had such a good time and ran into and person I recognized from the msg board on the myspace group. It was funny I kept signaling for him to come over but he was aprehensive until I told him we had talked before and told him who I was then he laughed. We talked for a bit it was cool to run into someone as happy to be at coachella as I was and still am. Yeah I really enjoyed that oasis dome.

Last year was bigger and it looked cool but it was too open I think and I miss the dj set up between the two cool looking trees, it felt like a little jugle in there.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats