Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wire

Default Re: The Wire

Sort of Spoiler Question...

Can someone tell me when McNulty got with his current lady?
    She was the cop who worked the docks in Season 2, no?

Are you pushing it out, you ******?

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    Ragingdave has ragingly retarded opinions, despite liking the show overall. It's like he doesn't like it when he's not the only one liking something so he starts trashing on the specific parts of what people like. That way he can differentiate himself. As if having one ball isn't enough.
    You know me too well.

Are you pushing it out, you ******?

At the end of season 3, It is short scene of him going to her door out of the blue. She invites him in and he says he wants to meet her kids. Then you see them a few times in season 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingdave View Post
    Sort of Spoiler Question...

Can someone tell me when McNulty got with his current lady?
    She was the cop who worked the docks in Season 2, no?
    Christ, didn't you watch season 4? WTF is wrong with you? God!

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    Omar is one bad motherfucker.
    Slim Charles is the realest brotha on the street.

Also, SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't seen all of season 2

Wasn't Nicky Sabotka in witness protection? I thought he left Baltimore forever with his girl and daughter after he cooperated with the feds against the Greek?

Seems to me like his cameo was not a one off and he might become relevant again later in the season. No one goes away forever in the Wire. Also, who else loved Avon's appearance in jail? I laughed my ass off.

i really hope he does become important. He did get arrested so who knows. I have wanted his character back the past few seasons. We don't know how much protection was offered maybe they let him go.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    i really hope he does become important. He did get arrested so who knows. I have wanted his character back the past few seasons. We don't know how much protection was offered maybe they let him go.
    They best hurry to make him relevant as we're reaching the final 3 or 4 episodes!

I almost want to start a thread to talk about the current season cause all you people catching up are pissing me off, but then I realized I don't really even want to discuss how awesome these last five episodes have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I almost want to start a thread to talk about the current season cause all you people catching up are pissing me off, but then I realized I don't really even want to discuss how awesome these last five episodes have been.
    I'm down if you end up doing this...

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I want to discuss it, I always want to discuss The Wire. This season seemed to start slow, but I think with every season you have to remember they need to lay the ground work for a 10 or 12 part story. Though, I don't remember being as enthralled with any of the past seasons as I am with this one. They've really set the stage for some monumental show downs.

Week to week, I don't think any character is safe. Any guesses on how the show will end? I'm thinking Omar walking into a dark alley, whistling farmer in the dell and smoking a cigarette, camera pans up and fade to black on a wide shot of Baltimore.

Any predictions for what's going down this week?

Mcnulty and lester get busted jk
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...

Quote Originally Posted by gratytrainridesagain View Post
    Mcnulty and lester get busted jk
    I keep worrying this will happen, but then I wonder who in the department is capable enough to figure them out? It would take pretty elaborate police work to bust them, and so far in the show only McNulty and Lester have shown they are able to do that. Unless Bunk gets so fed up he turns them in....

It's possible, I mean who would have ever thought the Bunk would refuse a drink with Jimmy? He's clearly pissed.

Yeah my worst fear for the show is Omar dying I mean he's literally on his last limb, but there's no way they'd kill him. Then again I never thought they'd let Clay off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by gratytrainridesagain View Post
    Yeah my worst fear for the show is Omar dying I mean he's literally on his last limb, but there's no way they'd kill him. Then again I never thought they'd let Clay off the hook.
    In the Wire no one is safe. But I think we can probably bet on Omar surviving until at least the final or second to last episode. I think one of my big fears is Marlo never getting what's coming to him. I mean, we've seen more sadistic shit from him than any other character. I know there are no shades of black and white in the Wire, but Marlo deserves something bad.

It seems like in this season the writers are being really negative towards any sort of justice. I almost shit when they let Clay go and killed the blind guy (I always forget his name). Yeah I agree Marlo should get what's coming to him, although from the way it looks they could just be steering towards an angle where crime does pay and it's a fucked world.

Let's start a new thread for current Wire talk. I'll make a concession for the idiots who aren't on top of their shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

just got done with season 2.
    awesome stuff. altho the patrol officer Beadi annoyed the F out of me.
    cant wait to see what happens on season three.
    im hoping to see if omar get stringer bell.
    [im not reading any posts here to avoid spoilers!]

Did anyone ever start a current season thread? Becauses dudes, after episode 9, this shit is getting crazy.

i just finished season 3.
    the ep. where brother muzone and omar team up on stringer was
    awesome! i saw that shit coming just not this soon! what a great
    season! i hope 4 is just as good.

Season 4 is really good. Season 3 had much more action and moved quicker. But after watching season 4 a second time, it might be the deepest most intelligent season they ever did. It really tries to paint a picture of why things are like they are on the streets.

thestripe

Last episode tonight!

thestripe

I watched the first two episodes of John Adams last night. They were pretty fucking good. Still miss The Wire though.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i finally broke down & got netflix. watched the first disc (three episodes) of season one and already can't wait for the next one! i hope mcnulty's american accent gets a bit better as time goes on because whenever he talks fast the british totally comes out. i really liked the part where the cops went to the towers at 2am trying to be all tough, but then the project people just start dropping TVs from the towers on them. and omar seems dope.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

You are gonna love it Ivy. I'm on the last season now and for some reason I finally have stalled but i've just been distracted. I have about 7 or 8 episodes to go.

i'm about to start season 4 this weekend
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i finally broke down & got netflix. watched the first disc (three episodes) of season one and already can't wait for the next one! i hope mcnulty's american accent gets a bit better as time goes on because whenever he talks fast the british totally comes out. i really liked the part where the cops went to the towers at 2am trying to be all tough, but then the project people just start dropping TVs from the towers on them. and omar seems dope.
    Glad you're getting around to watching this series Ivy. It's my favorite. Nothing on tv now or past can even compare to it. Each season is different but has running ties to past seasons. There are so many memorable moments and great characters but I dont want to spoil anything for you. Each season is like reading a great novel. My friend got the box set of the whole series awhile ago and we are always rewatching various seasons because it never gets old. And yes Omar is the baddest mf characer ever. "Every man has got to have a code."
    Last edited by Alligator Bogaloo; 08-01-2009 at 08:03 AM.
    There it is...
    I'm losing my edge...

The friend who evangelized the show to me said there are two kinds of people in the world: those who think The Wire is the best show ever, and those who haven't seen it yet. I started watching the first season 2 Sundays ago and while I liked it enough from the beginning, I definitely wasn't in the camp calling it the best ever. But it got to be pretty fucking amazing, and yeah, Omar is probably my favorite character of all-time right now.
    I just caught episodes 5 & 6 of season 2 this morning and should have the rest of the season blown through by tomorrow night. Ivy & Mark, it's too bad I didn't read this thread yesterday or we could've had a good Wire conversation last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

this show totally took over my life the first time i watched it.. i'm watching it again for a 3rd time because my roommate has never seen it, and i still can't get enough of it.. just so many great characters, marlo, snoop, omar, the brother mazone, slim charles, bodie, avon, string, cheese, and prop joe.. the list goes on and on..

there lots of buzz around about "treme" simon's new project, which is set and filmed down here in new orleans. they shot the pilot earlier this year and is slated to start on hbo in april.. i can't wait.