Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Desert Sun" ticket update

Red face "The Desert Sun" ticket update

3-day Coachella tickets still available, individual passes no longer on sale

Bruce Fessier and Mariecar Mendoza The Desert Sun January 27, 2008

Single-day tickets for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival are no longer on sale -- at least for now.

Paul Tollett, president of Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice, told The Desert Sun on Sunday individual tickets for the three-day event -- slated for April 25-27 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio -- sales for one-day passes were cut off at 6 p.m. Saturday.

"I think it was the second-fastest selling Coachella," Tollett said.

Tollett, who founded the first Coachella in 1999, said they cut off the tickets to try to keep the crowd around the same size as last year, which was about a showing of 60,000 people a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Default Re: "The Desert Sun" ticket update

damn! i need to get my tickets FAST
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

da da da . . .
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

damn i thought it was going to be less crowded this year

spin city?

hahaha, nice...good to see most of the idiots hung out here while the real world is actually excited for the event.

How do you know the real world is excited? Did Goldenvoice or ticketmaster release info about how many tickets supposedly were already sold?

So unless informed otherwise... there is going to be no more single day passes available?

Also, second fastest selling Coachella? Thats nuts...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

So no additions to Friday?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post

Also, second fastest selling Coachella? Thats nuts...
    it's amazing how much the internet can sway your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Man.... there HAVE to be additions.

And, I am truly amazed that single day passes are sold out after being on sale for ONLY 32 hours....

That is, unless they just sold like 1000 single tickets for each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Crazy. Zany. Interesting.

I must say, I love Coachella, but I am really pissed off at the whole thing at this point. The times I've bought Coachella tix in the past it has never sold out the FIRST day! I just feel this is a racket! At least GV should make some sort of friggin' statement, or let everyone know their intentions. They are messing with people who love to come to Coachella, and who, like myself, have waited all year for.
    I was really holding on to the thought that they would release some tickets or make an announcement, but I am afraid that by the time they do I will be over the whole thing!
    Our country is hurting, people are out of work, I lost my job the Friday before Christmas and just started a new one, so I didn't have the money the day tix went on sale. My buddy and I were going to go in on getting the tickets, but we didn't buy them the first hours. And now it seems as though we have lost out.
    We can't afford to go all three days, and as a matter of fact I thought it was a pretty big deal that we were planning on going 2 days this year!
    Very disappointing Coachella! Shame on you! I hope you find a way to resolve this!

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    it's amazing how much the internet can sway your opinion.
    ?

I am confused. What opinion has been swayed? Personaly, I love the line up this year. And I don't doubt others, not on this board, feel the same. I have never been negative about this line up once! The only thing I am bummed about is its looking more and more likely Madness aren't going to be there...
    I just thought this year tickets were going to sell more slowly. I thought it was likely still going to sell out, just nowhere near as fast. I was expecting like a week or two before the festival.
    So by Paul T saying its the second fastest selling Coachella, I assuming he is meaning that tickets are selling almost as fast at they did last year. And that surprised me. No opinion has been swayed.
    Also, isn't it still possible they release some more single day tickets after the days had officialy been reorganized? If single day tickets are in fact "sold out" Im betting it is because they released less single day tickets this year.
    I just hope they release more, because my girlfriends parents wanted to go for just Saturday. Her dad is quite possibly the biggest Kraftwerk fan in the entire world.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I can see how Roger Waters might sell out a single day, but I don't think Jack Johnson would sell out a day. As much as a love Portishead, they aren't a huge name with in the mainstream, as oppossed to RHCP.

There are a lot of great smaller acts, but it's the headliners that cause a ticket frenzy like Rage Against the Machine. I just don't see how that's the case this year.
    Upcoming shows:

and the "tricks" go on.
    ya fuckass.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I can see how Roger Waters might sell out a single day, but I don't think Jack Johnson would sell out a day. As much as a love Portishead, they aren't a huge name with in the mainstream, as oppossed to RHCP.

There are a lot of great smaller acts, but it's the headliners that cause a ticket frenzy like Rage Against the Machine. I just don't see how that's the case this year.
    Coachella has reached the point where they've gained such a steady fan base over the years that it will sell out almost no matter what.
    The White Stripes 9/18

I'm really bummed on the whole thing, the funny thing is people are so upset with the line-up, everybody says it sucks, but not me! I was stoked about the line up and so jazzed for Coachella 2008! Now I am close to being over it, all because I have been pulling my hair out all weekend wondering, "I don't want to stray too far from my computer, because tickets might be released". It's like some sort of mental game the coachella folks are playing, and I don't like it.
    They need to make a statement! Say something, anything. They made such a big deal about the announcement, and how tickets were going on sale, etc, and then...nothing. I know they are all standing by, working up something, or trying some new sales tactic, but I think it is wrong. If there are still 3 day passes available, they need to break em down and make single tickets available. If I had 300 bucks I'd buy the 3 day pass and just stay home on Sunday and recoop before going back to work on Monday. But I don't!

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Coachella has reached the point where they've gained such a steady fan base over the years that it will sell out almost no matter what.
    and a growing international fan base, makes it hard when you are competing with rest of the world for tickets.. wonder how long 3 day passes will last. They were the first to sell last year unless they were second after sunday single day...not sure. Must have sold a lot of tickets if they are worried about keeping crowd levels same as last year
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Saturday and Sunday single days sold out first last year during the first weekend it went on sale. 3 day passes took 20 days(give or take) to sell out. Camping sold out a couple days after that.
    Last edited by suprefan; 01-27-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Let me get this straight. if I buy TWO 3 day tickets and I only used two sundays. I can sell the others right? It's just like buying seperate tickets?

Yes, when you buy a 3 day pass they give you 3 separate tickets, one for each day. So, if you are using only one ticket, you can sell the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjfritts View Post
    Let me get this straight. if I buy TWO 3 day tickets and I only used two sundays. I can sell the others right? It's just like buying seperate tickets?
    the kid is on to something
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Hopefully they realize to keep that fan base they need to keep the fans happy, i.e. big names as well as smaller acts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this year. A few additions would be nice though.
    Upcoming shows:

Quote Originally Posted by Mjfritts View Post
    Dude you have been in touch with me and my friend, if that's the case, we might want to consider it. I just figured the three day pass thing would blow up on people, like the ticket would be one ticket or a wrist band or something.
    Does anyone know who bought three day passes what they look like, maybe if you have printed them out, is it one print out with all three days on it, or is it three seperate tix?

Amneeziac

This convinces me that Coachella ticket selling post-Ticketmaster is going to reach an unprecedented high in 2008.

Especially after Tollett's "tricks" get pulled out of his "sleeves"
    Last edited by Amneeziac; 01-28-2008 at 12:02 AM.

You get three seperate tickets. One for each day.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post

3-day Coachella tickets still available, individual passes no longer on sale

Bruce Fessier and Mariecar Mendoza The Desert Sun January 27, 2008

Single-day tickets for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival are no longer on sale -- at least for now.

Paul Tollett, president of Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice, told The Desert Sun on Sunday individual tickets for the three-day event -- slated for April 25-27 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio -- sales for one-day passes were cut off at 6 p.m. Saturday.

"I think it was the second-fastest selling Coachella," Tollett said.

Tollett, who founded the first Coachella in 1999, said they cut off the tickets to try to keep the crowd around the same size as last year, which was about a showing of 60,000 people a day.
    sounds like hype
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplegator View Post
    Dude you have been in touch with me and my friend, if that's the case, we might want to consider it. I just figured the three day pass thing would blow up on people, like the ticket would be one ticket or a wrist band or something.
    Does anyone know who bought three day passes what they look like, maybe if you have printed them out, is it one print out with all three days on it, or is it three seperate tix?
    looks like we are indeed going to the chella! the easy way out

By the way, if anyone needs to get rid of two tickets to Saturday, let me know.