View Poll Results: What is your take on the Verve reuniting?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • I fucking love it. Brit-pop genius

128 68.82%
  • Could care less. Seems kind of irrelevant in 2k8

51 27.42%
  • Crawl into a hole Richard Ashcroft

7 3.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THE VERVE

Default Re: THE VERVE

Quote Originally Posted by Weeping Willow View Post
    actually, no you're not right. You said the "whole song was sampled from a Rolling Stones song", when in fact the sample comes from a tiny portion of an orchestral cover of an old Rolling Stones song. I could have sworn I pasted that information above but maybe i'm sleep deprived.
    im still right. the strings make the song what it is. if you disagree, i pity you.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolGuy12 View Post
    im still right. the strings make the song what it is. if you disagree, i pity you.
    man have you heard the rolling stones song??? try to find the sample that the verve used. i heard the fuckin song and i didnt find anything.

and the verve is not just bittersweet symphony, they have a lot of great songs, you just need to hear the albums thats all

Quote Originally Posted by hypervera View Post
    man have you heard the rolling stones song??? try to find the sample that the verve used. i heard the fuckin song and i didnt find anything.

and the verve is not just bittersweet symphony, they have a lot of great songs, you just need to hear the albums thats all
    I think coolguy would be a lot cooler if he used some critical thinking and reading comprehension skills.

Lurker

http://www.theverveonline.com/videos.html has an incredible collection of Verve footage, everything from concerts (1992 - 2007) to TV appearances. This is great place for newbies to start. At least 30 live tracks.

Here's a live video of Rolling People from their 1997 US Tour: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SM8jxP2s7w&feature=related
    "Not all drugs are good. Some … are great"

They are definitely one of the only reasons I am attending Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefThunderFist View Post
    http://www.theverveonline.com/videos.html has an incredible collection of Verve footage, everything from concerts (1992 - 2007) to TV appearances. This is great place for newbies to start. At least 30 live tracks.

Here's a live video of Rolling People from their 1997 US Tour: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SM8jxP2s7w&feature=related
    Nice links Chief Thunder Fist ! Was watching a some show from the various years !
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Part of the fun of Coachella is checking out bands that you've heard of but don't know everything about.

I would suggest to people who don't know much about The Verve beyond "Bittersweet Symphony" that they at least try and catch some of their set. They are *amazing* live. And if you want to do some listening beforehand, "A Northern Soul" is a good place to start - it's halfway between their earlier spacey sound and later more straightforward rock (I hate to say "pop") stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeping Willow View Post
    I think coolguy would be a lot cooler if he used some critical thinking and reading comprehension skills.
    lol

I'd really love to hear 'She's a Superstar', that song is so groovy!

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Bumping as another thread poped up with people going they have one song, who are they ? oops realized this got stuck in the polls section
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Quote Originally Posted by hypervera View Post
    friday´s best band
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNO! best one on friday............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........JACK JOHNSON! We could all watch the clouds and drink vitamin water while listening to the soothing cool music of JJ! What were you thinking. Verve? That music is too mellow for me. Coachella needs a badass.
    Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiieeeeeeeee!

The Verve are genius, but not Brit-pop.
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

not really brit-pop but...

Urban Hymns is one of my favorite albums of all time. Genius. But it may go over the heads of pop "top 40" listeners...but those sorts might still be snuggling a fake eyelash from the Spice Girls Reunion tour...
    Ignorance breeds fear which breeds hate. Stop being such a dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFilmLife View Post
    but those sorts might still be snuggling a fake eyelash from the Spice Girls Reunion tour...
    *cough*
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

one of less talked acts here,
    cant wait to see them!

The Verve are incredibly well-suited to turning in an absolutely epic performance in that setting. I saw them in 1993 and 1997, and there's no place I'd rather get the opportunity to see them once again than Coachella.

Ashcroft in full-on Captain Rock mode, McCabe sounding like he's got ten guitars going at once, and one of the great underrated rhythm sections in rock - Can't wait!

A few songs I'm hoping for on Friday...

"And if someone hears me scream, put it in a letter to me..."

"To me you're like a setting sun, you shine then you're gone..."

"In the dirty half-light where time means nothing at all..."

"I wanted to tell you my story, how my life seemed to change in a matter of days..."

"Been circling round for 20 years, and in that time I've seen all the fires and all the liars..."

"I was thinking maybe we could go outside, let the night sky cool your foolish pride...Don't you feel alive, these are your times and our highs..."

"This is a big FUCK YOU!!! COME ON!!!"