Thread: will they let me drink?

Default will they let me drink?

Get this. I will be turning 21 just a few days after the festival. Do you think those nice people working the beer gardens would let me buy a few drinks. If not there's always the bottle before the show idea but I want the buzz to last all day. Feedback please?

Default Re: will they let me drink?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjfritts View Post
    Get this. I will be turning 21 just a few days after the festival. Do you think those nice people working the beer gardens would let me buy a few drinks. If not there's always the bottle before the show idea but I want the buzz to last all day. Feedback please?
    nope there not gonna risk loosing thier license for someone who technically aint 21 yet even if u are just a fey days away . but i thin they give out wrist bands to know if ur 21 so maybe the dude giving the wrist band will let u slide .. but i doubt it
    I Wanna Drive Into The Sunset

Coachella 2007
    Coachella 2008
    Coachella 2009
    Coachella 2010
    The Big 4 2011
    Coachella 2012 ( I WONT FUCKING MISS IT! )

go for it... you'd be surprised how few people can correctly read ID's... he'll probably look at the year & make sure the pic matches you & give you a wristband...

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Drinking all day in the 100 + degree desert = death or serious illness.

Good luck.

Ive waited tables in the past and if someone hands me an ID i ask them if they are over 21. If they say yes then i just glance at the ID because the ABC isnt allowed to lie, that would be entrapment. I dont know how GV does it however, but I do agree with the post above me. I spent the first day of Reggae on the River in 05 drinking in 100 degree weather and was sick for the next two. I had to have an IV in me durring the band that I was most excited to see there. If your going to drink, my rule is not till sunset and hydrate alot!!!

It's not the decision of the people serving drinks in the beer garden -- it's up to the people distributing the age verification wrist bands.

vinylmartyr

Don't they run your id with a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    Don't they run your id with a machine.
    Nope

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mjfritts View Post
    Heres the deal.

During the day the beer gardens aren't packed but you'll be so hot and dehydrated you'll probably only want to drink water & Gatorade anyway. I got drunk on Friday just as the gates opened but sweat it all out in one very uncomfortable hour.

At night the lines in the beer gardens are really long. All the top bands play at night as well so getting a beer or two isn't worth missing half a set and good stage position.

The best time to drink is before/after/during showering in the campground at night.

dont worry about drinking. and why wait in a long line to get your id checked when they are just going to turn you down? I noticed they looked at out of state id's a lot harder so if you are not from California, dont bother trying

despite all of the warnings I may drink an $8 dollar heineken or two in the unforgiving california sun

it is my priviledge AND duty as a new 21 year old man
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

I don't see why anyone would want to stand in line for an hour for an overpriced beer in the first place... especially if you're not 21...

I'm sure it's not beyond comprehension for one to sneak in a flask and pour a little something into a half melted $5 lemonade smoothie thing. It would not only be cheaper and easier, it would be lemony!

Still, drinking in the desert = bad idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

What?!! They are $8 now. Is anything sacred? GV are you going to start charging us for toilet paper?

I'll be drinkin' right beside you monsoon.

well I am just postulating

everything at coachella is overpriced

even the free water costs 2 dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post

Good luck.
    Puss.

RIDE OR DIE

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

You stand in one of many lines to check your ID and get a wristband. Like other posters said, you might get lucky and have them very casually check you and give you 1. I'd probably try an outside line or two and if they didn't work, i'd go into the venue and try another wristband line there, hopefully someone isn't paying super close attention. GL

thestripe

I have never had to wait an hour to get a beer at Coachella. Now frozen lemonades is a different story, I swear the people running those stands are just fucking with me.

you ain't drinking - legally that is.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Talking Re: will they let me drink?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post

Good luck.
    How many reported drinking related deaths have happened at coachella? I don't think any, but I could be mistaken.

Drink up...the music sounds better with you alcohol. It's to bad you can't bring in any tall cans of forties.
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

I brought glue, asked someone for their wrist band (since they can always get a new one) and glued it on (they're made out of paper) - worked perfectly.

Rhymes with "the"

they will not let you drink anything...

Drinking during the day in the heat is probably the greatest ever if you can control yourself properly.
    Because its so hot, it makes it possible to not only drink and maintain a nice buzz, but you will be sweating so much fluid that it will negate the need to piss every 5 minutes. Hence, buzz + favorite acts you want to see = win.

Lines for wristbands are separate than lines for drinks - you can't even get into the beer gardens without the wristband. The lines for wristband/ID check were short earlier in the day (and if you're camping, you can get it there with no line). I'd give it a shot on the chance that the person only looks at the year.

After spending some time in England last year and being charged over $10 (US) for a frigging beer, I've stopped complaining about drink prices at shows here. And water prices? The big venues here charge more than Coachella.

2 words, FAKE ID.
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

beer + hot weather = mmmmmmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJesus28 View Post
    Paul Tollett do something!
    Daddy P! Help

A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty

kingsblend420 I agree with you 100%. I like drinking beat in the hot weather. Just don't drink like an asshole and it's fine. I like the buzz you get when you have a few beers in the sun.
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

Over consumption = bad idea
    Having a few beers is not an issue at all. Been to three Coachellas drank at all three but not to excess and had a great time. Once you have your wrist band the lines are not long to get a beer. During the day walk right up no wait to buy at night 5 minute wait max, though the gardens are really crowded at night.

It's easy bring some scotch tape make friends with someone that is camping near you then ask or bribe her/him to get a wristband for you, then rip it off, tape it back together, and he/she can easily get another one. Worked for me the past 2 years, but now I don't need to anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...

Oh and if they read your id the answer would be no. I think I have seen them ask for two forms from some people.