Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How hard is it to....

Default Re: How hard is it to....

There is room up front, it would be different if there wasn't. Even for Tool last year once things got moving I got up front and sure six people deep it was packed, but beyond that nothing, but pits. I am not going to sit in the back with the gapers when there is room up front. You don't know there isn't until you try. You go ahead and sit there while I get up front. I am not mad at you, just trying to get up front. It is rediculous to ask me to get there 4 bands prior to when I already have like 20 bands I want to see each day. It is a concert and it is a GA concert, so pushing is going to happen. Don't get bent about it and if you NEED some personal space get in the back. Pushing is especially true for some bands I.E. RATM. If people weren't getting all nuts I would be disappointed. I mean don't seriously hurt anybody on purpose, but have some energy.

GA shows rock, seats suck.

Quote Originally Posted by apachedino View Post
    There is room up front, it would be different if there wasn't. Even for Tool last year once things got moving I got up front and sure six people deep it was packed, but beyond that nothing, but pits. I am not going to sit in the back with the gapers when there is room up front. You don't know there isn't until you try. You go ahead and sit there while I get up front. I am not mad at you, just trying to get up front. It is rediculous to ask me to get there 4 bands prior to when I already have like 20 bands I want to see each day. It is a concert and it is a GA concert, so pushing is going to happen. Don't get bent about it and if you NEED some personal space get in the back. Pushing is especially true for some bands I.E. RATM. If people weren't getting all nuts I would be disappointed. I mean don't seriously hurt anybody on purpose, but have some energy.

GA shows rock, seats suck.

Even though I disagree with you, I can completely see your point. When I'm at a set, I don't mind being tossled a bit. In fact, I expect it. At the rage set, I know I'm going to get bounced, and if I start getting uncomfortable, I'll certainly move back.

I think my point is that when people start pushing ahead of you and not get very far, it's silly that I may have stood in that spot for 2 hours, while someone who "doesn't mind pissing people off" has no problem pushing you aside.

Quote Originally Posted by RienOneTexas View Post
    WOW!!! Faxman! HUGE CONCERT BABY!!! Give your nerves a rest, Bitter McBitterton. It's a concert, and rest assured, I will be one of the thousands pushing foward, and pushing you passive fans right out of our way! BUT IN A NICE WAY!!!!
    so its cool to injure people because you want to get up closer?

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    so its cool to injure people because you want to get up closer?
    who said anything about injuring people?If you want to be up front expect that you will be crowded,pushed,ect.It will happen.I'll will try to get as close as I can,but I'm not going to hurt anybody in the process.This is a rock concert,not the fucking symphony.If you don't like it stay home!

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Umm well you see injuries occur when everyone pushes forward. It's hard to believe but there are people in front who are getting crushed. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    Even though I disagree with you, I can completely see your point. When I'm at a set, I don't mind being tossled a bit. In fact, I expect it. At the rage set, I know I'm going to get bounced, and if I start getting uncomfortable, I'll certainly move back.

I think my point is that when people start pushing ahead of you and not get very far, it's silly that I may have stood in that spot for 2 hours, while someone who "doesn't mind pissing people off" has no problem pushing you aside.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Exactly
    thats like saying I should stop driving because cars kill people.Once again if you don't want to deal with crowds DON'T GO UP FRONT!

Yes, having respect for those around you is exactly like saying you shouldn't drive cars because cars kill people.

Yes, having respect for those around you is exactly like saying you shouldn't drive cars because cars kill people.
    I never said I don't have respect for those around me.those are your words my friend not mine.All I'm saying is that if you go up front you will have to deal with people pushing you back and forth.Its a simple fact of going to a GA show.When Rage comes out people will lose it!Like it or not thats the way it is.If you want to see good behavior it wont be there.When you mix 60,000 people with aggressive music,drink,and whatever else,you get mob rules.At that point it is either sink or swim.Which will you be doing?Also if somebody falls in front of me in the pit, I do stop to pick them up!I'll bet your one of those guys that likes to take cheap shots at peolpe as they pass by in the pit.Hope to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by stephenpitzel View Post
    I'll smile as I slip on past you and we can laugh about it once we get out of the pit. I'm not trying to cause trouble here but how many pits have you been in? I've been in well over a hundred and summarizing any unspoken of rules or an unspoken code of conduct in there, the only thing that can be agreed upon really is not to intentionally hurt somebody and not to steal anything. If you think a person is rude for moving in front of you then you're going to meet 60,000 rude people every day at coachella.
    Coachella is not known for it's pits you dumbass. And no not everyone at Coachella is rude, you are in the minority
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 02-20-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by motopat651 View Post
    I never said I don't have respect for those around me.those are your words my friend not mine.All I'm saying is that if you go up front you will have to deal with people pushing you back and forth.Its a simple fact of going to a GA show.When Rage comes out people will lose it!Like it or not thats the way it is.If you want to see good behavior it wont be there.When you mix 60,000 people with aggressive music,drink,and whatever else,you get mob rules.At that point it is either sink or swim.Which will you be doing?Also if somebody falls in front of me in the pit, I do stop to pick them up!I'll bet your one of those guys that likes to take cheap shots at peolpe as they pass by in the pit.Hope to see you there!
    obviously a RAGE fan.

"If you don't wanna deal - don't go up front" (so it doesn' t matter what time a person gets there, you'll just push them out of the way - how very dick of you) The only fight I've ever witnessed at Coachella (out of all the years) was due to someone shoving people out of the way to get up front. PLAIN AND SIMPLE - Its an ugly, slippery slope you are on, because one day, some guy bigger than you (there will always be some guy bigger) really won't like what your doing, and you'll learn a hard lesson for no reason at all.

Just don't be a dick - spouting off with this tude like: "If you can't take the heat...", or, "sink or swim", that won't do anything for ya. Go join the Marines maybe?

I hate macho shit like this. This is a very alpha-male, get out of my way, small brain, kind of mentality going on in this thread.

Out dated thinking mate - go rape a mule.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 02-20-2007 at 01:18 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Also if somebody falls in front of me in the pit, I do stop to pick them up!I'll bet your one of those guys that likes to take cheap shots at peolpe as they pass by in the pit.Hope to see you there!
    I'm nowhere near the pit. I've spoke nothing but respect for fellow concert goers and now you make ridiculous accusations of me taking cheap shots?

Classic! Believe me, you won't see me. I'll be near the back where it's nice and loose in the crowd. When Rage is playing i'll even take another 25 pace step back, or way off to the side. I will be nowhere near a violent mosh pit.

I can hold my own, don't get me wrong, i'm 270 lbs. So it's kinda hard for me to hide behind a computer screen as i've been accused of. I don't need to slam my body into the 50 closest people in a giant circle rage stomp fest to feel the music.

Well said faxman - the "boys" here apparently need to prove something, and they wait till they hear a aggrssive guitar to express it.

I might be VERY far away from the main stage Sunday night. If this board is any indication of the frat-boy macho idiots - hopped up on Red Bull and sexual tension, I'll pass for another act just to avoid the stuPITity.

and the shame of it is I like Rage quite a bit - but pushy asshole fans, are pushy asshole fans, whether its Rage or Morrissey or Neko Case.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 02-20-2007 at 01:16 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

However in the case of Neko when she has an off night you are in for a rough ride. I saw her argue with the sound man in beteen ever single song straight to the encore. I'll listen to her CD's all day.

I also like Rage and have seen them twice but they have tons of the frat boy cave man type fans.

we aren't talking about being in the front for Rage. I think if anyone goes to the front of Rage they know what they are getting into. Nobody is going to be moshing during Bjork. What we are saying is don't push the crowd forward people will get hurt slipping in an open spot is fine, but when people start pushing up that's when people can get seriously injured. All I'm trying to say is have respect for your fellow concert goers.

Lurker

im so glad im claustrophobic. avoid the front of stage areas like the plague. that and i'm only a mere 5'4" and cant see much of anything either.

I love to smile as people push by me and then trip them on their asses! hahahahaha
    This is the kind of chicken shit behavior that started this nonsense.If I want up front,and I see open space I will go forward.If there is enough room for me and my party,I'm going for it.I don't push people out of the way,or TRIP people.There are always pockets of space in the crowd(maybe not once the set has started).Its GENERAL ADMISSION after all,if you don't want someone to get in your way,do not leave them any space.I will respect that.What I won't respect is you taking a sucker punch at me as I walk by.Thats the kind of shit that gets people hurt,and starts fights.

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    obviously a RAGE fan.

"If you don't wanna deal - don't go up front" (so it doesn' t matter what time a person gets there, you'll just push them out of the way - how very dick of you) The only fight I've ever witnessed at Coachella (out of all the years) was due to someone shoving people out of the way to get up front. PLAIN AND SIMPLE - Its an ugly, slippery slope you are on, because one day, some guy bigger than you (there will always be some guy bigger) really won't like what your doing, and you'll learn a hard lesson for no reason at all.

Just don't be a dick - spouting off with this tude like: "If you can't take the heat...", or, "sink or swim", that won't do anything for ya. Go join the Marines maybe?

I hate macho shit like this. This is a very alpha-male, get out of my way, small brain, kind of mentality going on in this thread.

Out dated thinking mate - go rape a mule.
    Hey thanks for judging me asshole!What makes you think you know me enough to make that call?Old faxman was talking about taking sucker punches and triping people as they walk through.How do you know that I'm might be meeting friends that have a spot waiting for me?Or I might be trying to get to the front.If someone takes a swing or tries to push me down or trip me,then we have a problem!Alpha male,yes.Small brained,how dare you,you closed minded FUCK!You have no idea who I am,But I'm not a sheep.In all of of my threads I never said anything about getting violent.That was you and FAXMAN. "GO RAPE A MULE"?Hey if thats what you like,not for me though.Oh yeah,I'm not really a Rage fan,But thanks for judging me.WHY DON'T YOU GO SMOKE A CLOVE YOU FUCKING HIPPY!

I can hold my own, don't get me wrong, i'm 270 lbs. So it's kinda hard for me to hide behind a computer screen as i've been accused of. I don't need to slam my body into the 50 closest people in a giant circle rage stomp fest to feel the music.
    Finally something we agree on old Faxy. You should show this much intelligence in all your posts.
    Every man is his own ancestor, and every man is his own heir. He devises his own future and he inherits his own past.
    Frederick Henry Hedge

Hey thanks for judging me asshole!What makes you think you know me enough to make that call?Old faxman was talking about taking sucker punches and triping people as they walk through.How do you know that I'm might be meeting friends that have a spot waiting for me?Or I might be trying to get to the front.If someone takes a swing or tries to push me down or trip me,then we have a problem!Alpha male,yes.Small brained,how dare you,you closed minded FUCK!You have no idea who I am,But I'm not a sheep.In all of of my threads I never said anything about getting violent.That was you and FAXMAN. "GO RAPE A MULE"?Hey if thats what you like,not for me though.Oh yeah,I'm not really a Rage fan,But thanks for judging me.WHY DON'T YOU GO SMOKE A CLOVE YOU FUCKING HIPPY!
    Ok maybe I jumped the gun a little - you obviously respect people enough, I guess?

I was making that call based on your agressive tone. You sound like one of those internet bullies (or RATM fans) I hear about on Dateline or 20/20. You never said anything about meeting friends, that really doesn't even figure into it, its how you do it anyways, no one is swinging on you, so calm down Balboa.

I don't care to know people who don't give a shit about others at concerts, you. If you like to pretend to be all tough, you'll get this stuff on here. If you wanna be up front then get up there and wait for who you wanna see, the pushing won't be ness., you dig? No, I do not know you, so I could be wrong.

BUT.
    Calling me a hippy is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 02-20-2007 at 06:14 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

The hostility occurs when people are ignorant. Like the idiot in this thread who doesn't understand why this would piss anyone off. If you are pushing through me, you are going to get knocked on your ass. It's fucking rude. Plain and simple. If you wanted to be up front, you would have got there early. If you didn't you arent' going to push by me so you can stand in front of me. It's fucking rude. I can't believe someone would be justifying this behavior by saying "it's a concert just deal".

Ahh so there you have it. The only way to protect is to block out then right? Elbows? Right? If an area is already tight as the FRONT will be all day, and you are trying to move in an already tight area, get ready to be met with AIDZ needles. Don't be rude and try to push or squeeze past me or I may be forced to PROTECT my area.

It isn't safe to continue to squish and push forward. There is no point in trying to squeeze through areas that are already tight. It's fucking rude to squeeze past people who have been standing in the same spot for a long period of time so you can stand in front of them. It's fucking rude. How do you not understand that? Yes it's always packed up front at a concert which is the EXACT reason you shouldn't try to get up there once it's already squished. Get a brain and get there early otherwise you will be met with the same rudeness you bring with you.

This is completly ignorant and rude behavior. You are such a brain stem that you are oblivious to the fact that you are pushing people out of the way who have been there for hours and then you call it technique. One day you will get knocked on your ass for being so fucking rude.

Your fucking science and logic is RETARDED you really need MENTAL help. You can justify your rude, violent behavior however you see fit but the fact of the matter is you are pushing your way all the way to front not giving a good god damn who stand in front of or how you get there. You are obnoxious and a worthless waste of space at concerts.
    Word Count for "rude": 9

This post now holds the Official World Record for highest number of times the word "rude" has been used in a single post.
    Last edited by crazzz2007; 02-20-2007 at 06:30 PM.

Fuck going up to the main stage for Bjork.

Where are the killers? At least, the ratio of girls to guys there is 10:1. :P

if you think bjork is gonna be hard to be up front row compared to rage, you are a 3rd and 4th lip
    "This microphone explodes shattering the molds either drop the hits like de la o or get the fuck off the commode" long live RATM

It's all about being smooth about it and slips through the holes without pushing and shoving other people.

and C DUB is right... one day the bigger guy is gonna say "Somebody gonna get a hurt" and karma will flash right in front of you!

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Whatever. I'll be right in the thick of things when Rage comes on, I always find a way. The people who are whining about the pushing & shoving right now will be the ones standing in the back, just like at every other GA show thats ever been put on. In the end Rage will rock and the world will be balanced, wonderful place once again. Can't wit unitl April 27th!

<---- very important

another rage fan proves my point.
    The Glitter Freeze

York, the answer is that being up close can be worth missing out on other sets. Looking back on the sets I've seen the most memorable are the ones where I was there for the whole set and in a good position.

I saw maybe half of Bjork's set in 2002 but I was way far out, slowly moving forward when I saw room. I can neither tell you what she played nor bring up much of an emotional attachment to the show. I can say that I saw Bjork but that's not worth much. I can tell you how cool it was seeing the Chemical Brothers right afterwards, though as the Bjork crowd cleared out real nice like.

And yeah, my general rule is always to move if there's nothing going on at a stage but it's an easy rule to break if you're already up close and really wanna see the next band.

That ties into my other general rule which is that you gotta make a commitment. If I'm worrying about where I'm going next I'm not going to enjoy a set. It doesn't make sense to focus on positioning to run to the next stage when there's something going on right now that I wanna see.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Be aggressive. B-E aggressive!
    B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E !!

Oh what would I give for a FNM reunited ....

But what I'm not going to do in the future is sit through a set to stay at a stage... because that's really sitting through a set-break, a set and another set-break.

I missed Primal Scream in 2003 to stay at the Coachella Stage between Sonic Youth and the White Stripes... only to be near crushed during the latter set. And I had to bolt right afterwards anyway to see Underworld in the Sahara.

So yeah, my third general rule is no more sitting through sets I don't wanna see to stay in position if there's something better going on. Which, given recent line-ups, is always. Though I guess I did sit through half a set by Audio Bullys to be in a good place for the Daft Punk. I'd do that again.

Being closer is good. You can see faces and stuff. Being in the middle is best for sound, usually. Being in the back is only good for having a lot of room.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.