Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How hard is it to....

Default How hard is it to....

get up to the front row for the closing artist, like say, BJORK!!?!?

Default Re: How hard is it to....

really fucking hard if you try to get there minutes before the set starts, specially at the main stage. You should work your way up there 2 artists (at least) before the one you want to see. It's never easy to get there and staying there is even harder. Last year i relied on this huge dude that pushed over i dont know how many people to make way, i just followed him.

yeah it will be really hard. Especially since it's the main stage. If you want to be right up in front you'll have to go really early, probably when the very first band starts. And you'll have to stay there the whole time.

Not really that hard just get there earlier and gradually move up. I got up front to see Tool last year and it wasn't hard at all.

I ended up like 2nd row to the right side of the stage for Coldplay in 05. I didn't try that hard, but I did start "moving in" during Wilco's set, which was followed by Weezer and Bahuas. I basically just watched for open spots and made major moves during the crowd exchanges in between acts and made it up front with little or no trouble. But be warned the force at the front is insane. We were packed so tight had I lifted my feet I would have been held in place by the people surrounding me and could barely breathe. But it was worth it.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

3/4 bands before is a good rule of thumb. Plus you don't wanna piss people off with mindless shoving to go nowherre when there is no room, and believe me, there won't be.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

last year i got up to being only two people away from the barrier for franz ferdinand, & one person away from barrier for depeche mode, & we got there just before franz ferdinand's set. it isn't that hard if you don't have a fear of pissing people off by pushing through them. the only bummer is that a lot of people are really uptight & dumb at coachella, so if you push in front of them, they'll scream & whine the entire time, & sometimes even hit you. just ignore it.

also, work your way in from the side. start as far up as you can & just work your way to the center. it's MUCH easier than working your way from the back.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Get ready for the great Bjork push 2007!!

Weren't people complaining about getting crushed the last time Bjork played?

I wonder who is more violent RAge or Bjork? I think Bjork has knocked out more journalists so it would make sense her fans would trample eachother too.

It's easy especially if you're by yourself. I've gotten to the front almost always and even during artist's set. Just roll solo. The only exception to this rule was daft punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisleyy View Post
    it isn't that hard if you don't have a fear of pissing people off by pushing through them.
    I can't think of ruder behavior when you are talking about getting close. Pushing through people to stand in front of them is ridiculous and usually will get "no it's packed up here back off" from me.

the only bummer is that a lot of people are really uptight & dumb at coachella, so if you push in front of them, they'll scream & whine the entire time, & sometimes even hit you. just ignore it.
    You deserve the punch if you are pushing passed people to stand in front of people that have been in their spot for a long time. What the fuck makes you so special that you have to ruin other peoples experience?

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Be aggressive. B-E aggressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Marilla View Post
    get up to the front row for the closing artist, like say, BJORK!!?!?
    Was there all day to get up front for NIN and then by the time they came on I couldn't even breathe right. GOD HELP ANYONE who dares to be in the front when rage comes on.

I want to try to be up close..but it's my first time. it's hard to breathe?

Talking Re: How hard is it to....

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Be aggressive. B-E aggressive!
    It also helps to be big and look like you don't give a shit

Quote Originally Posted by motopat651 View Post
    It also helps to be big and look like you don't give a shit
    Vin Diesel is so lucky.

I love to smile as people push by me and then trip them on their asses! hahahahaha

Drop bows on em?

Quote Originally Posted by stephenpitzel View Post
    What's with all the hostility towards people who try to move up front? It's a concert people. That's what happens.
    The hostility occurs when people are ignorant. Like the idiot in this thread who doesn't understand why this
    it isn't that hard if you don't have a fear of pissing people off by pushing through them.
    would piss anyone off. If you are pushing through me, you are going to get knocked on your ass. It's fucking rude. Plain and simple. If you wanted to be up front, you would have got there early. If you didn't you arent' going to push by me so you can stand in front of me. It's fucking rude. I can't believe someone would be justifying this behavior by saying "it's a concert just deal".

If you don't protect your area then you're going to have people moving into it.
    Ahh so there you have it. The only way to protect is to block out then right? Elbows? Right? If an area is already tight as the FRONT will be all day, and you are trying to move in an already tight area, get ready to be met with AIDZ needles. Don't be rude and try to push or squeeze past me or I may be forced to PROTECT my area.

It's that simple. What do you expect to have a nice little buffer zone of a few inches around yourself at all times? That will never happen at pretty much any concert close to the front. Deal with it.
    It isn't safe to continue to squish and push forward. There is no point in trying to squeeze through areas that are already tight. It's fucking rude to squeeze past people who have been standing in the same spot for a long period of time so you can stand in front of them. It's fucking rude. How do you not understand that? Yes it's always packed up front at a concert which is the EXACT reason you shouldn't try to get up there once it's already squished. Get a brain and get there early otherwise you will be met with the same rudeness you bring with you.

I find it a fun challenge to see how long it takes me to get to the front. It's usually pretty easy to do when you know the tricks and techniques to do so, but actually taking a person out of place when they are at the front rail takes a big longer. You just have to wedge in there and have the crowd push from the back do the work for you. If you want to maximize being close to the stage and minimize the amount of crowd pushing its best to set up shop on the sides in between the the end of the stage and say the bassist or guitarist. If you are in the center you're going to get squashed.
    This is completly ignorant and rude behavior. You are such a brain stem that you are oblivious to the fact that you are pushing people out of the way who have been there for hours and then you call it technique. One day you will get knocked on your ass for being so fucking rude.

A lot of people complain that others are pushing as well, but the "pusher" really is getting pushed by the force of 20 people behind them. Expecting one person to be a wall against that force so you can be comfortable is completely unreasonable.

Everybody rushes and crowds towards the center where the lead singer is, then it hits a point where no more people can enter into that space, but there are still people trying to get in there, so this force pushes people outwards from the center and towards the sides of the stage. I've been at concerts where I was in between the bassist on the left and the lead singer in the center at the start of a set, on the front rail, and have ended up past the bassist towards the edge of the stage and still on the front rail by the time the set was finished.

Your fucking science and logic is RETARDED you really need MENTAL help. You can justify your rude, violent behavior however you see fit but the fact of the matter is you are pushing your way all the way to front not giving a good god damn who stand in front of or how you get there. You are obnoxious and a worthless waste of space at concerts.

Its pretty funny how people can be so brave to speak their mind when they are hiding behind a computer screen.If I want to get up front,I'm going to get up there.I'm not going to be a dick about it,but if you try and sucker punch me for going through we will have a problem.In real life you can't hide behind your computer!

Its pretty funny how people can be so brave to speak their mind when they are hiding behind a computer screen.If I want to get up front,I'm going to get up there.I'm not going to be a dick about it,but if you try and sucker punch me for going through we will have a problem.In real life you can't hide behind your computer!

Being up front is for shitheads and fanboys.

Why you would want to waste so much time and energy is beyond me, since it causes you to miss out on so many other great bands.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Quote Originally Posted by motopat651 View Post
    Its pretty funny how people can be so brave to speak their mind when they are hiding behind a computer screen.
    What makes you think I don't speak my mind all day with people? That makes for a cute response but I have no problem stating how I feel. Funny though how you would automatically think someone in the middle of a conversation would feel the need to hide.

If I want to get up front,I'm going to get up there.I'm not going to be a dick about it,but if you try and sucker punch me for going through we will have a problem.In real life you can't hide behind your computer!
    You say you aren't going to be a dick about it but if you are to the point where you need to squeeze through people and you are squeezing just stand in front of someone else then that makes you a dick.

A mosh pit is a different story by the way, i'm not discussing mosghing and I could really give two shits about your 100 pits you have been in. Moshing and standing and watching a show are two different things.

Also this "push" you speak of doesn't occur with every artist as you make it seem. In fact there was quite the dangerous push back in 2002 for guess who? Bjork? People passed out and were crushed. I'm glad those that pushed and got up front got to see their idol. I love the fuck my fellow concert goers attitude.

Just dont do that at RATM time. You will die, yes, DIE.

if you're going to push thru, be nice about it and apologize, and say thank you

personally, i don't give a crap, bumping and shoving is what comes with the territory in the first 1/4 mile in front of the main stage with a big act, but if it bothers my better half, you WILL find out why she is called the better half, and no computer screen in the world will protect you

Quote Originally Posted by amdux View Post
    if you're going to push thru, be nice about it and apologize, and say thank you

personally, i don't give a crap, bumping and shoving is what comes with the territory in the first 1/4 mile in front of the main stage with a big act, but if it bothers my better half, you WILL find out why she is called the better half, and no computer screen in the world will protect you

thats what I'm talking about! If you don't want to deal with this don't go up front

great info

WOW!!! Faxman! HUGE CONCERT BABY!!! Give your nerves a rest, Bitter McBitterton. It's a concert, and rest assured, I will be one of the thousands pushing foward, and pushing you passive fans right out of our way! BUT IN A NICE WAY!!!!
    .oORienONEOo.

Awesome!!!

I agree 100% with Faxman. It's beyond me why people think there's space up front when clearly everyone is packed like sardines.

I wouldn't sucker punch someone or trip them, but I've certainly told people there's no room.

This is the sole reason why Coachella is the ONLY GA show I attend. Honestly, I would rather miss a concert than deal with rude, disrespectful people who think that, for some strange reason, they're better than everyone else who has to stand further back.