Thread: stilts?

Default stilts?

so ive looked and looked and looked all over the website, read the FAQ as if it were a bible, and didnt find my answer!

heres my thing, i have a pair of jumping stilts, and iam pretty sure i cant bring em into the festival, but do you think they would say anything if i brought em into the campgrounds. i want to hand out glow sticks and finger lights, for everyone to enjoy, but i was just wondering if it'd bee ok?

i know i probally should of put this in the camping section, but its more of a question! wait what? ha
    IF GOD TAKES LIFE, THEN HES AN INDIAN GIVER!

Default Re: stilts?

i took a pic of a dude on stilts in the festival, i know u could (as of last yr) bring those in, i did not see the same dude in the campgrounds. sorrry i cant be of more help
    ~~~COACHELLA 2007- 2011~~~

Originally Posted by humanoid
    Coachella is much better enjoyed with a sense of absolute freedom...

There were a couple dude and dudettes roaming around on stilts. They were part of the entertainment, I think. Not festival attendees, so to speak.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

You wont be allowed to bring stilts in to the fest - cmon people use the thing between your shoulders.

As for camping - its you rep at stake...
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    You wont be allowed to bring stilts in to the fest - cmon people use the thing between your shoulders.

C DUB YA... Frightening, but I think alot of these people are using what they have between their shoulders.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I give people too much credit.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post

i kinda knew that, i was more focused on bringing em into the campsite, jus to add to the jack johnson hating enviroment!
    IF GOD TAKES LIFE, THEN HES AN INDIAN GIVER!

Unless you are preforming at one of the freaky burning man shows I personally think stilts should be put on the cannot bring list. Its bad enough being stuck behind some jock with his girlfriend over his shoulders; they do however make great bottled water targets.

Unless you're David Byrne, I think probably not.

I saw a few people on stilts and using hula hoops last year rocking the fuck out to Blonde Redhead. Not sure if they were part of any of the performers/shows though. I would assume you couldn't just walk through security with stilts.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!