Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raconteurs!

Default Raconteurs!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhGnuHuD5Fc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhGnuHuD5Fc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Gonna be hot!

Default Raconteurs!

I can't figure out how to insert video, here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhGnuHuD5Fc

copy and paste

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Default Re: Raconteurs!

hot !

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Purplegator View Post
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    is about how I'm gonna be feeling by the time they come on !

Heya Purple Gator <waves>

Amneeziac

I don't care what band he's in, Jack White has enough stage presence to take over the world. SO excited for them.

Memorial_07

Are they kind of like The White Stripes?

check them out white stripes are in my top 5 bands. raconteurs are probably like 23.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

they played bang bang when i seen them and i was just floored. i prefer jack white with brenndon benson then meg. great live act for sure

Bang bang is a regular thing of theres i belive. THey did it whn i saw them too.
    you cant beat meg and jack. even though jack and brenndon is nice.
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    Are they kind of like The White Stripes?
    I think they stole the show at Lolla '06. Here is them doing "Level" at that show. See what you think.

I dont no why more people excited about them.

I cannot wait for them.

I only caught like 5 minutes of them at Roskilde '06 and have been craving them ever since.

soo good live..

Quote Originally Posted by JSam67 View Post
    I think they stole the show at Lolla '06. Here is them doing "Level" at that show. See what you think.

i agree with them stealing the show there. i people with me were so so about seeing them and they even thought that was the act of the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    Bang bang is a regular thing of theres i belive. THey did it whn i saw them too.
    you cant beat meg and jack. even though jack and brenndon is nice.
    i love both acts but after seeing them 2gether at lolla i just think it was one of the best live sets i have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Amneeziac View Post
    I don't care what band he's in, Jack White has enough stage presence to take over the world. SO excited for them.
    I agree. Whichever band of his it is...it will be a major highlight of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JSam67 View Post

The level is easily my favorite song by them. If it wasn't for them I would probably skip out on friday.
    The White Stripes 9/18

They are near the top of my list for Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

I like their Bowie cover

After contributing yesterday to this thread, it really got me checking out more clips of their show from Lolla. It really was awesome, and I had forgotten a lot of it. Here is the intro as well as "Intimate Secretary." Jack White slays, I am anticipating them to be the best show on Friday this year.

definitely if not the best on Friday then one of.

Hey! Another thing to consider is, one member of White Stripes is already there on Friday, why not bring the rest of the band (Meg White) and BOOM! we have a surprise tent performance by The White Stripes! Maybe not on Friday, but any other day! Whoo Hooo!

La la la la la la la la la la la la la la -lah

Hey! Another thing to consider is, one member of White Stripes is already there on Friday, why not bring the rest of the band (Meg White) and BOOM! we have a surprise tent performance by The White Stripes! Maybe not on Friday, but any other day! Whoo Hooo!

La la la la la la la la la la la la la la -lah

Thats what Im sayin yo! They owe us (atleast me) one!!!!!

Jack White like whoa saving the day.

Don't get too excited, they'll be off the poster soon replaced by Hannah Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

THey are so chill. I saw them in Lollapalooza a few years ago. They rocked out. YOu all will love them. Jack white is bomb

Lurker

never seen them, but always wanted to, and now this is the year, so excited.
    a little secret white stripes gig would go down well too, as would the greenhorns, who i did see in glasgow, scotland a few years back.

whiney pain in butt

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Don't get too excited, they'll be off the poster soon replaced by Hannah Montana.
    Lol. My thoughts exactly

I don't really know anything about these guys. Are they really any good? I mean, I like the White Stripes....but.........
    "Some people just need a hi-five in the face."

It won't happen. I mean, it would be amazing, but Jack really likes to keep his bands seperate. He also doesn't like it when The Raconteurs are refered to as a side project of The White Stripes. He likes both bands equally. I'm really looking forward to the new Raconteur album. They improved so much while touring for their first album. It will be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    It won't happen. I mean, it would be amazing, but Jack really likes to keep his bands seperate. He also doesn't like it when The Raconteurs are refered to as a side project of The White Stripes. He likes both bands equally. I'm really looking forward to the new Raconteur album. They improved so much while touring for their first album. It will be epic.
    When is the new album due out?