View Poll Results: After listening to the bands listed where do you stand?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Radicalicious!! (good)

139 68.81%
  • Still lame.

63 31.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having had a few days to get to know the line up: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

Smile Having had a few days to get to know the line up: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

I understand the initial disappointment everyone had when they saw the line up at first. I admit other than a few bands I was disappointed too. There are tons of other bands I hoped to see, but I actually have to thank GV for not giving them to me because in turn they have turned me onto a shit ton of new music that I haven't ever heard before. I spend a lot of my time finding new bands and music to listen to (more than I should) and they just gave me like 50 new bands that I seriously dig. Point being is that they arent screwing us one bit, infact in my mind I am getting more out of this than I would if I picked the lineup myself.

So thanks GV for doing the leg work of finding new music for me!
    Last edited by chip_m555; 01-25-2008 at 11:32 AM.

Default Re: Having had a few days to get to know the line up: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

Yeah, had Dani not posted the lineup with links to their sites,I may have missed several acts that are now on my list of must see's. In fact, for the first time, I may be getting a taste of conflicts.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Default Re: Having had a few days to get to know the line up: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

I couldn't quite bring myself to vote "radicalicious," so please accept my Thumbs Up instead.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Yeah, I've listened to a lot of the unknown bands, like every year, and while there are a lot of great bands, it's still a big disappointment overall, which is the general consensus, anyway.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

+

=

At this point I have to put thumbs to the side. Not down but not super excited yet.

Thumbs down Re: Having had a few days to get to know the line up: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

Very much so, it is still and will still be a weak lineup unless they make some significant additions, way too many acts missing, sure you can find a good band that you didn't know here and there but nowhere close to what most of us were hoping for.

Default thumbs up ! way up !

hey for those who dont know much about latinamerican or mexican alternative stuff the 3 bands from mexico coming totally rock

cafe tacvba, porter and AUSTIN TV all 3 worth seeing...

Default Re: thumbs up ! way up !

Quote Originally Posted by ech1375 View Post
    hey for those who dont know much about latinamerican or mexican alternative stuff the 3 bands from mexico coming totally rock

cafe tacvba, porter and AUSTIN TV all 3 worth seeing...
    Yeah Austin TV is one of the ones i recently found out about. That should be awseome!

well cafe tacvba I don't so much like, but the other two sound okay
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

Thumbs up. Sure, the headliners are weak, but I seldom watch them anyway, even if I like them -- I'd usually have to miss other good bands just to get a good spot near the main stage, or else watch from 1/4 mile away.

I'm getting excited about the other bands, and a not-sold out festival sounds really appealing after last year.

right who gives two shits about the headliner anyway?

im still dissapointed over the headliners, but i love the lineup apart from them. Im going to have so much fun, I hope to avoid the mainstage at all costs... last year I didnt see a single Mojave gig, so I will get on that. Sahara looks like quite the lineup and Ill be there 1/2 the time.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretPrescription View Post

+

=
    nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

sideways thumb.
    ya fuckass.

im into it because of sahara

I don't have thumbs so I guess I cant vote on the account of my bias circumstance. But for Friday I give it (Jack Johnson) one big fist in the...
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

All I know is I like this lineup, and I will have a great time once again. ESPECIALLY when they add STP.

I'm finding more bands I like by the day. Still many bands to check out too. I hope it is less crowded, but here in San Diego I've heard way more talk about it than years past, so I don't know if more people may go.

Quote Originally Posted by send me ctrpllrs View Post
    I'm finding more bands I like by the day. Still many bands to check out too. I hope it is less crowded, but here in San Diego I've heard way more talk about it than years past, so I don't know if more people may go.
    It will be overun by classic rock fans waering Boston shirts.

Thumbs up Re: Having had a few days to get to know the line up: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

My opinion has changed 180 degrees from my utter disappointment. I took a lot of recommendations from people and spent HOURS searching the net to get familiar with some of the names I didn't know. I can honestly say that I'm excited now

NEW discoveries that I'm looking forward to:

The Verve (I kinda knew about them before, but I like a lot of more their music now)

John Butler Trio
    The National
    Boys Noize
    Cut Copy
    Busy P
    My Morning Jacket
    Sia
    Autolux
    Simian Mobile Disco

so far i have only looked into friday in depth, but i went from only being excited about a few bands to having way too many bands i would Love to see.

things i have become STOKED on:
    BATTLES!!! how have you not been in my life for so long?!
    dan le sac vs scroobius pip
    sharon jones and the dap kings
    DIPLO!!

i cant wait to go through saturday and sunday. hell fucking yes.

I've only made it through the "a"s so far. But I'm finding some new bands.

Add to that I dream about Portishead every night.

*high five on the lineup*
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

That is what i love about Coachella so much is finding all the new and upcoming bands. Although im still not fully pumped for this year, i have found out some new good bands, and I AM EXPECTING SOME ADDS!

Some new bands im really stoked to see....
    MGMT
    Linton Kwesi Johnson
    Chromeo
    Boyz Noise(especially)
    Midnight Juggernaughts

what's the verdict on does it offend you, yeah?

I can't figure out if I like them or despise them

Quote Originally Posted by SecretPrescription View Post

+

=

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    there, there

Quote Originally Posted by MonsoonSeason View Post

I'm still on the fence as well leaning towards liking them, but I'm sure I'll be like this for awhile so just wait to see who they're conflicting. Bands like this are always hard not sure whether to love or hate them, usually never an in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...

Ok so I love MGMT and i just saw them at the casbah in san diego tonight and it totally reconfirmed my absolute love for this band. they are fucking amazing. the show was awseome and if I were gay i would be more than glad to please everyone in this band. However im not, so to make up for that I will buy them all a drink next time i see them (maybe tomorrow night if i can scalp a ticket in LA) . Yeasayer was also fucking sweet. yea! for yeasayer wow. that 2080 song is tubular man ill tell you what. Good night good night

Quote Originally Posted by MonsoonSeason View Post

If you fail to enjoy them live, you may possibly already be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Still a thumbs down for me--a big thumbs down. But I bought my 3 day ticket, and I'll still be there. I'll enjoy Love & Rockets & The Breeders & Death Cab & My Morning Jacket.......pretty expensive 3-day concert for 4 acts, though.